mounir and suzie

how i can start the rest of the process on k3

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello every one , i 'm sorry for not be here since my last topic but really was crazy in here for moving and stuff ,, now i have some questions here it's ... what i need to do now to get my social security and green card ,where i need to go and what paper work i need to bring with me ?,, is there a limit of time to do this ? how long it take to done all of this? please let me know all cause i and Suzie all lost at this point ,, thanks so much all .

Mounir and Suzie

UFHJ.jpg

pJWdp2.png

hello every one , i 'm sorry for not be here since my last topic but really was crazy in here for moving and stuff ,, now i have some questions here it's ... what i need to do now to get my social security and green card ,where i need to go and what paper work i need to bring with me ?,, is there a limit of time to do this ? how long it take to done all of this? please let me know all cause i and Suzie all lost at this point ,, thanks so much all .

You have to file a EAD and I-485 to adjust status. Sooner you do so the sooner you'll have the GC or EAD approval and you can get a SSN.

Check the Guides for adjusting status for K1/K3.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Timeline

Hey Mounir good to see you again! My husband arrived 2 weeks ago and he is also K3. Looks like you and me are doing this AOS together.

We have printed off the many forms needed, the G325, the I864 and the I485. We both need new passport size pics. Ibrahim needs a new medical (his is more than one year) I need 6 months of paystubs from my work. Still searching for my tax records from 2008 & 2007.

After it is all sent in, you will get a letter to go for your biometrics. About 3 months after your biometrics you will get EAD card, then you can apply for your SS card. About 9 months after filing you will get a letter to go for your interview together. Then........greencard. If married less than 2 years...you will get a 2 year card. If married more than 2 years, you will get a 10 year card.

Jackie & Ibrahim (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey Bro how are ya ? I hope that everything is going ok with ya and its good to see ya around .

How to File for Adjustment of Status ?

How to get a Social Security Number (SSN) ?!

Good luck and my best wishes for ya bro .

Mohamed

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

If you have not been married for 2 years yet and you want to wait to file AOS. You can file a stand alone EAD and get permission to work. You can then file for your SS#. It took us about 3 months(typical) to get the EAD card and a few weeks to get the social. You can then file AOS after you have been married for 2 years and receive the 10 yr GC. If you file for AOS before your 2yr anniversary, you will receive a 2 yr GC and then have to lift conditions after that.

Hotguy sent you the links so you can take it from there.

We're getting ready to file AOS this month sometime.

Good Luck and I hope everything is smooth for you guys.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
Hey Mounir good to see you again! My husband arrived 2 weeks ago and he is also K3. Looks like you and me are doing this AOS together.

We have printed off the many forms needed, the G325, the I864 and the I485. We both need new passport size pics. Ibrahim needs a new medical (his is more than one year) I need 6 months of paystubs from my work. Still searching for my tax records from 2008 & 2007.

After it is all sent in, you will get a letter to go for your biometrics. About 3 months after your biometrics you will get EAD card, then you can apply for your SS card. About 9 months after filing you will get a letter to go for your interview together. Then........greencard. If married less than 2 years...you will get a 2 year card. If married more than 2 years, you will get a 10 year card.

Jackie & Ibrahim (F)

wow i'm so so glad to know that your husband arrived safe this is great news ,, i will start doing the same then thanks so much Jackie and tell Ibrahim a big hello for me.

Mounir and Suzie

UFHJ.jpg

pJWdp2.png

Timeline
If you have not been married for 2 years yet and you want to wait to file AOS. You can file a stand alone EAD and get permission to work. You can then file for your SS#. It took us about 3 months(typical) to get the EAD card and a few weeks to get the social. You can then file AOS after you have been married for 2 years and receive the 10 yr GC. If you file for AOS before your 2yr anniversary, you will receive a 2 yr GC and then have to lift conditions after that.

Hotguy sent you the links so you can take it from there.

We're getting ready to file AOS this month sometime.

Good Luck and I hope everything is smooth for you guys.

thanks so much i will tell Suzie and we will start soon isa thanks again , wish you a great one .

Mounir and Suzie

UFHJ.jpg

pJWdp2.png

Timeline
Hey Bro how are ya ? I hope that everything is going ok with ya and its good to see ya around .

How to File for Adjustment of Status ?

How to get a Social Security Number (SSN) ?!

Good luck and my best wishes for ya bro .

Mohamed

hey bro , i'm doing well wish you doing well too and soon you tell me a great news ,, i will read the links you sent me thanks so much for all bro.

You have to file a EAD and I-485 to adjust status. Sooner you do so the sooner you'll have the GC or EAD approval and you can get a SSN.

Check the Guides for adjusting status for K1/K3.

thanks so much

Mounir and Suzie

UFHJ.jpg

pJWdp2.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Jackie & Ibrahim (F)

jackie, why do YOU need a passport pic? Kamal and I only had pics for him not me! That would be for his greencard!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline
You're right Terrie, I am a little overzealous to get started on AOS! ^_^ I made 2 complete packages to send in, I have an extra in care the first gets 'lost'.

Good Luck to Mounir & Suzie!

Jackie (F)

thanks Jackie so much ,i and Suzie wish you all the best luck .

Mounir and Suzie

UFHJ.jpg

pJWdp2.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.