dxg68

Do you truly love your fiancé???

301 posts in this topic

Looking back to when my wife was my fiancee.... if she would've asked me to come live with her "for love" I would've asked, "then where's all the money coming from?" The deal for her coming here was I would provide for pretty much everything necessary and once she got all situated, she would work to augment our household income and then put us over the top for anything fancy. Me going over there wouldn't have been the same deal. Sure, I could've moved into the flat with her mom and/or sister, but it's not like she had her own place and a full-time job to hold down our financial obligations. She was never in that position to "sponsor" me over there. Had she asked me to foot the bill and come live with her "for love" I would've said no way and reminded her (much like I've done here many times) that love doesn't pay the bills.

However, absolutely 100% if she would've made the offer to send me a plane ticket to come stay with her, reassured me she'd take care of everything and I'd only have to work part-time when I felt like it, do whatever I wanted whenver I felt like it, and she'd take care of me all in exchange for sex once or twice a month - HELL YEAH! I would've been all over that!

That offer was never made on her end though. She "loved" my offer, by the way.

Yes Slim and I still have that Plan B for the Fresh Papaya, Kavas, Pie and Ammunition Kiosks.

If we're still on for that, we should give it a go one of these days.

Preferably in countries with beaches and skeet shooting.

We need to compile a list of those countries. Seriously.

I was working construction...In Odessa...with lots of Maldovans...what kind of language do you expect??

I learned that language from my wife and her buddies. I once met another young Russian lady and repeating some of the "private" language my wife taught me, this girl gasped and said, "who teach you this language? It is like, you never must say this to lady."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, absolutely 100% if she would've made the offer to send me a plane ticket to come stay with her, reassured me she'd take care of everything and I'd only have to work part-time when I felt like it, do whatever I wanted whenver I felt like it, and she'd take care of me all in exchange for sex once or twice a month - HELL YEAH! I would've been all over that!

That offer was never made on her end though. She "loved" my offer, by the way.

:lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Once or twice a month, Slim? Otherwise sounds like a good deal :star:

We have talked about this "farming in Siberia" option if she could not get visa for some reason. However, I would never abandon my son like that, and moreover I imagine my charms may wear thin during all the time it would take me to develop language skills adequate for gainful employment.

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
...all the time it would take me to develop language skills adequate for gainful employment.

At least you relate to how our wives/fiancees feel when they come over here :)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

We talked about it quite a bit, especially towards the end of waiting for our I-129F and I-130 approvals when it had been about 6 months with no feedback. Lviv was a really cool city and I had a blast while I was there...there was some appeal to just living with her, her mother, and grandmother (flat was already paid for). I thought about dumping everything into bonds and dividend paying stocks and just letting it grow. Still, in the end, I didn't want to give up the cushy 9:30-4 job 2 miles from home...it's not easy to find a job like that in Atlanta. The cons would be language, bad Internet connections, food (although they did have plenty of pizza places and a couple McD's), and it's freezing as hell in the winter. I thought about it though and could have done it. Still might move back there and stay awhile in the future. All said and done, if it meant the difference between being together or not seeing her again, I'd be there in a heart beat no matter what the situation was.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

We have also talked about an extended stay in Ukraine, as a sort of compromise. I would love to spend 3-6 months (maybe between jobs?) in say, Odessa. Close to the in-laws, and I could enroll in an immersion language school 2-3 days per week. An acquaintance tells me there are several good schools there that will even accept geezers like me if they can pay. Then back to the grind in the good ol' US for the paycheck.

Has any one else thought of or proposed this?

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

I learned that language from my wife and her buddies. I once met another young Russian lady and repeating some of the "private" language my wife taught me, this girl gasped and said, "who teach you this language? It is like, you never must say this to lady."

Slim, really, I used to get those offers all the time, except they wanted sex twice a day and it made me feel so...cheap. I know you are joking. :lol:

It is so easy to get in trouble when you only know enough to get in trouble! while taking a stroll one evening in Donetsk, we ran onto one of Alla's friends (which I think iis the puprose of these walks, socializing with other walkers) and she was carrying her new little kitten. I told her she had a pretty "Keeska" referring to her new kitten and I thought they would both fall over dead! "What? What did I say wrong?" :lol: How was I to know that it only had one meaning and wasn't a dual purpose word like in English? :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
We have also talked about an extended stay in Ukraine, as a sort of compromise. I would love to spend 3-6 months (maybe between jobs?) in say, Odessa. Close to the in-laws, and I could enroll in an immersion language school 2-3 days per week. An acquaintance tells me there are several good schools there that will even accept geezers like me if they can pay. Then back to the grind in the good ol' US for the paycheck.

Yes. It is actually one of our plans. Alla already intends to spend about 3 months a year in Ukraine, though work will not allow me to stay that long right now. When I retire, she wants to teach English there, or maybe some other countries, who knows? Yes, there are schools for Russian and individual tutoprs that will teach you for the going rate. Odessa is a great city in my opinion, though Alla does not like it. Too many tourists. Too expensive (compared to Donetsk, but not compared to Kiev and certainly not compared to Moscow)

Go for it when you can Brad...like next time they tell you to come in for a meeting at 7am!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I would honestly do it right now while waiting. My fiancé has her own place and she is making enough money to support both of us and her mom works too. And I would be able to bring enough money for a few months but… Like many here I pay child support, mortgage, car loan, boat loan, nice full time job close to home. If I could somehow get away for a few months without getting in dip financial troubles here I would be with my fiancé right now. I wish average approval time was 5 weeks instead of 5 months.

If I could somehow get away for a few months without getting in dip financial troubles here

Exactly my problem!! :thumbs:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

At least you relate to how our wives/fiancees feel when they come over here :)

I've yet to see wives/fiancees who were expected to pay their own way. Seems to be when guys are "invited" to go that way, they're still expected to pay all the expenses and even longterm costs as well. Most FSU women coming here are on an all-expenses-paid trip to a new (and easier) lifestyle.

We have also talked about an extended stay in Ukraine, as a sort of compromise.

The idea's been tossed around here a couple times but what I can't seem to get through her head is while we're gone there's no "magic bill fairy" staying in our apartment and paying all our bills for us. In the few times she's seen the light and accepted that truism, she still refuses to grasp the concept of saving enough money ahead of time to make it happen. When I've crunched the numbers and shown her that it literally takes YEARS of hard work and saving to stay there for a few months, she quickly wants to talk about other pressing issues like why I didn't buy her a Christmas gift or why a new kitten is more important than a phone bill.

Slim, really, I used to get those offers all the time, except they wanted sex twice a day and it made me feel so...cheap. I know you are joking. :lol:

Sure you may've gotten those offers while there or shortly after returning. Either way, they weren't based on the lady offering to pay all your expenses in exchange for sharing your love with her - at minimum, they were based on your financial status pairing with her financial status and the lifestyle the two of you could make together.

In relation to the OP, it seems there are very few couples (I've yet to hear of a single one) where a FSU woman has fallen in love with an AM and "sponsored" him to come start a new life together with her. The fact that it "could" happen doesn't mean it has. I've heard of a few instances where guys have gone over there to stay for a while, but almost exclusively the man has retained some Western income and still supported himself while there.

I told her she had a pretty "Keeska" referring to her new kitten and I thought they would both fall over dead! "What? What did I say wrong?" :lol: How was I to know that it only had one meaning and wasn't a dual purpose word like in English? :lol:

This is why it's so nice to have acquaintances that're as lowbrow as I - they get it.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

And for those who don't know those "special" words, I recommend this insightful book.

http://www.amazon.com/Dermo-Real-Russian-T...r/dp/0452277450

It's a classic. ;)

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

And for those who don't know those "special" words, I recommend this insightful book.

http://www.amazon.com/Dermo-Real-Russian-T...r/dp/0452277450

It's a classic. ;)

We had that book on the back of our toilet for a while. Actually, a pretty good read and quite interesting!

Русский форум член.

Timeline

And that was the exact spot mine resided until my daughter one day asked me, "Dad, do you know what's in that book???"... It's been in my bedroom ever since.

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Timeline

I gotta say, it's nice to be completely bilingual at this point hehe

But yeah, all in all, I actually even seldom hear about american girls bringing over FSU man. I mean that sh!t has to happen, and I know it does, just not as often

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.