F2C-MaDMaXX

London Embassy Checklist?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Had a little search through the forums, but i couldn't find anything specific enough :(

I'm trying to prep the forms and application for the embassy stuff. As far as i can tell, i should apply to (someone) for the medical date, then complete the requested forms and send them with the ready sheet to the embassy?

There is a space on their to include the forms you need, but i can't supply them all (obvious ones like marriage cert, i'm not married) But which ones are *actually* required? Can i also assume that my original birth cert is fine? i don't have to order a new one that's certified?

I guess a lot of this has already been asked, but i struggled to find something that referred to just the embassy part of the K1, any help, tips/links would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You might find the embassy website helpful to answer embassy specific issues..

start here (and then snoop around)

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/...processing.html

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That confirms a little more info that i have in the link provided by the embassy, but i'm referring to the forms themselves, or, specifically the one you send back to say you've got everything ready.

It states you need to tick the boxes for the following;

Passports

Birth Certs

Adoption Certs

Military Records

Court and Prison Records

Photographs

Evidence of Support

Marriage Certs

Divorce Certs

Notarized Statement

Deed Poll

Police Certs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
That confirms a little more info that i have in the link provided by the embassy, but i'm referring to the forms themselves, or, specifically the one you send back to say you've got everything ready.

Passports

Birth Certs

Adoption Certs

Military Records

Court and Prison Records

Photographs

Evidence of Support

Marriage Certs

Divorce Certs

Notarized Statement

Deed Poll

Police Certs

I will move this to the UK forum.... hopefully you fellow "mates" will help

YMMV

Passports

Birth Certs

Adoption Certs

Military Records

Court and Prison Records

Photographs

Evidence of Support

Marriage Certs

Divorce Certs

Notarized Statement

Deed Poll

Police Certs

Some things everyone needs. You will need:

• a current passport
    your full birth certificate (showing fuller details of your parentage, etc) - you don't need to get it 'certified' because a birth certificate is a certified entry in the register of births.
    2 US size passport photos
    evidence of support (I-134 and supporting docs)
    police cert/s - you'll need one from every country you have lived in for more than 6 months after the age of 16

Everything else depends on your personal circumstances. If you get your police certificate back with 'no LIVE trace' then this means that you are known to the police with a spent offense or record of some kind. You'd then want to apply for a subject access, I think it's called. If your police cert says 'No Trace', then you're kushdy. Obviously adoption papers, marriage and divorce certs are only if applicable.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

It states you need to tick the boxes for the following; if they apply to you.

Passports yes

Birth Certs yes, must be the "long form" with the parent's names on it

Adoption Certs - if you were adopted

Military Records - if you served in the military

Court and Prison Records - if you were ever arrested or cited by the police (not traffic)

Photographs - 2 US sized.

Evidence of Support - I-134 from fiance, tax return WITH Form W2 or a tax transcript ordered free from the IRS, letter from employer, recent pay stubs, bank or investment account statements if using assets to qualify. (Pick two things. You don't have to have all of them.)

Marriage Certs - if you were ever married

Divorce Certs - if you were ever divorced. Decree absolute with court stamp on it.

Notarized Statement - from other parent giving permission if you are taking a child out of the UK.

Deed Poll - showing your name change if you ever changed it legally

Police Certs - order from ACPO.

All of that is explained more fully on the web page http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html

You have to click all the links and read it carefully. You find links to the medical exam, the police report. Be sure and look at the right column. There's the forms to file, where to get copies of documents, and and Help listing link to Q&A

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

police cert/s - you'll need one from every country you have lived in for more than 6 months after the age of 16

Sorry, I know I'm being pedantic today, but this is the third time in 24 hours I have seen this on VJ about what police certificates are needed by people processing through London. It is not correct. I'll post what I posted earlier today by way of correction.

Just want to clear up some confusion about police certificates, because I see it AGAIN and AGAIN on here. The rules for London are:

• You need one for the country of your birth/current nationality if you lived there more than 6 months
  • You need one for any other country if you have lived there for 12 months or more
  • You ALWAYS need one for the UK

Source: the London Embassy website: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/pbcerts.html

And also from personal experience -- my husband lived in Germany for over six months and Russia for nearly 11 months but was not required to provide police certificates for either country, only for the UK.

I just want to save people the hassle of getting police certificates from countries when it isn't necessary! :)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Had a little search through the forums, but i couldn't find anything specific enough :(

I'm trying to prep the forms and application for the embassy stuff. As far as i can tell, i should apply to (someone) for the medical date, then complete the requested forms and send them with the ready sheet to the embassy?

There is a space on their to include the forms you need, but i can't supply them all (obvious ones like marriage cert, i'm not married) But which ones are *actually* required? Can i also assume that my original birth cert is fine? i don't have to order a new one that's certified?

I guess a lot of this has already been asked, but i struggled to find something that referred to just the embassy part of the K1, any help, tips/links would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

This is a good read, also, for anyone going to an interview in London: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United Kingdom&cty=London://http://www.visajourney.com/consulat...&cty=London

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

It states you need to tick the boxes for the following; if they apply to you.

Passports yes

Birth Certs yes, must be the "long form" with the parent's names on it

Adoption Certs - if you were adopted

Military Records - if you served in the military

Court and Prison Records - if you were ever arrested or cited by the police (not traffic)

Photographs - 2 US sized.

Evidence of Support - I-134 from fiance, tax return WITH Form W2 or a tax transcript ordered free from the IRS, letter from employer, recent pay stubs, bank or investment account statements if using assets to qualify. (Pick two things. You don't have to have all of them.)

Marriage Certs - if you were ever married

Divorce Certs - if you were ever divorced. Decree absolute with court stamp on it.

Notarized Statement - from other parent giving permission if you are taking a child out of the UK.

Deed Poll - showing your name change if you ever changed it legally

Police Certs - order from ACPO.

You state that you need to bring marriage certificates if you were ever married. I was under the impression the marriage certficate was in reference if you were filing a CR1. Why would you have to bring a marriage certficate for a previous marriage if you are supply the divorce decrees for those previous marriages?

All of that is explained more fully on the web page http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html

You have to click all the links and read it carefully. You find links to the medical exam, the police report. Be sure and look at the right column. There's the forms to file, where to get copies of documents, and and Help listing link to Q&A

10-16-2010 Married

03-17-2011 I-130 sent

03-19-2011 I-130 received

03-23-2011 NOA1

03-25-2011 Touch

06-16-2011 NOA2

07-18-2011 NVC Received

07-19-2011 Emailed DS 3032

07-29-2011 Emailed DS 3032 AGAIN-still no response

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Generated

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Paid

08-03-2011 Emailed DS 3032 Yet Again!!!

08-05-2011 Mailed AOS packet

08-08-2011 AOS packet delivered

08-08-2011 DS 3232 accepted

08-09-2011 IV Bill Generated/Paid

08-10-2011 IV marked PAID

08-10-2011 IV packet Mailed

08-11-2011 IV packet delivered

08-16-2011 AOS package processed

08-22-2011 IV packet processed

08-22-2011 SIF/Case Closed

08-25-2011 Interview date received

10-13-2011 Interview-APPROVED

l198oyeua.png

d1emrulw6.png

You state that you need to bring marriage certificates if you were ever married. I was under the impression the marriage certficate was in reference if you were filing a CR1. Why would you have to bring a marriage certficate for a previous marriage if you are supply the divorce decrees for those previous marriages?

Don't know. I asked the same question at the time, but it was on the checklist with no further explanation, so we took one as dumb as it sounded. They kept it for the file instead of saying, "oh you didn't need to bring this." I think they do clarify it better on the Embassy website now saying "Married applicants must obtain an original marriage certificate, or a certified copy, bearing the appropriate seal or stamp of the issuing authority." So scratch that marriage certificate if you're not currently married. Thanks for bringing that up.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Sorry, I know I'm being pedantic today, but this is the third time in 24 hours I have seen this on VJ about what police certificates are needed by people processing through London. It is not correct. I'll post what I posted earlier today by way of correction.

I just want to save people the hassle of getting police certificates from countries when it isn't necessary! :)

12 months or at at ANY age?

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

12 months or at at ANY age?

OK, I'm not THAT inarticulate! lol...

I meant 12 months at any age? I lived in France for my first 6 years and Switzerland between the ages of 6-10. I know I need Germany, as I was there from 10-20 and obviously the UK.

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

This is the deal:

If it is your place of birth, or current residence you will require a police certificate if you have resided there for at least six months since your sixteenth birthday.
Source

So in your case you would not need a certificate for Switzerland because you were under 16 at the time. This will be the case for France as well if and only if you have not resided there for six months at any point after your 16th birthday. If you were only there for the first six years there is no need for a certificate; but if you went back for six months or more at any other point post-16 you will need a certificate.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

This is the deal:

Source

So in your case you would not need a certificate for Switzerland because you were under 16 at the time. This will be the case for France as well if and only if you have not resided there for six months at any point after your 16th birthday. If you were only there for the first six years there is no need for a certificate; but if you went back for six months or more at any other point post-16 you will need a certificate.

Hmmm, I spent time there when I was 19 from Jan to July (a week over 6 months! lol) but wasn't ever registered as living there, except I was employed during that time. I think to be on the safe side, I'll get the French one too, since it's very easily ordered, for free, online since I was born there.

And thanks for pointing out where the 6 months after your 16th came from, was totally baffled by that! I obviously had looked into it and decided that I would need a French one too and that would have been why I had any place you spent more than 6 months after your 16th from.

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.