Anichka

K-1 Interview passed?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

After a long and bumpy road, my fiance finally had his interview in Kiev today. I have a question for anyone who went through this process. He received some kind of slip about him not having a military record and therefore the documents will be looked at again in a few days after he hands in the translated record. He translated the record on the same day and handed it in to the security. But he also received the slip that you have to pay for the passport delivery. My question is, if he received the pink slip to pay for the delivery of his passport, does that mean he will approved?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
After a long and bumpy road, my fiance finally had his interview in Kiev today. I have a question for anyone who went through this process. He received some kind of slip about him not having a military record and therefore the documents will be looked at again in a few days after he hands in the translated record. He translated the record on the same day and handed it in to the security. But he also received the slip that you have to pay for the passport delivery. My question is, if he received the pink slip to pay for the delivery of his passport, does that mean he will approved?

Sound reasonable to me. If they kept his passport, then all this documentation requested is normal and should have been presented in the first place. Sounds like you have a very big chance of being approved. I'd start looking beyond this stage.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Yep...Pink slip and he paid the delivery fee at Fedex... it usually means the passport will be delivered within 10 days with the visa stamped on it..now for the bad news...It may take a little longer because of his military record. You mentioned it was handed to the security (I'm assuming security guard). There's no guarantee that the security guard will hand it over to the CO. Your fiance will first have to make sure that the CO has received that translated document and that no other documents are required, only after that a visa will be issued.

Good luck.

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No. It means his passport will be returned.

I suspect, in all likelyhood, he WILL be approved and the visa will be in the passport when he receives it back. Typically IF they anticipate a denial or a long delay they will not keep the passport at all. The indication that they kept the passport is a good one...the indication they will return it means nothing. Of course they will return it.

ALL Ukrainian men are subject to military service and need to submit their military service papers (translated) with their other documents. EVEN IF they have never been in the military. Our son (age 18 when he interviewed) had to submit his registration for service and a copy of his student deferrment. Just for future reference ANY Ukrainian male will need to submit some sort of Military papers at their interview, or some sort of papers explaining a lack of military service. Like ALL documents, it must be in English or translated to English.

After arriving in the United States and receiving his green card, your (then) husband will need to register for the US military draft. Upon doing so he can register with Ukraine as a permanent US resident and demonstrate he meets our requirement and be relieved of his Ukrainian service requirement (if he has alraedy served his Ukrainian Military obligation or is age 26 or over...disregard that)

Good luck, I think you will be fine.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I think they will just hold the passport until they get the translated document in the file - or hold it for a reasonable time waiting for the document they need. I would try to call the consular section and make sure the document made it to the file or the correct CO, and also ask again about approval and timing.

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Thank you everyone! :))))) We are hoping for the best! :)

Good luck, and keep us updated!

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.