CouscousApplePie

Ok I read to much here!!!OK

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok ..

I am reading too much on VJ.....

I read about all the denials coming from Morocco...

We have our interview on the 22nd .. and now I almost totally convienced we will be denied, I dont even want him to go now in fear of rejection.

I just got back from visiting him for 14 days( now I feel it was not long enough for "them") I brought all our paper work for him that I had. He recieved the interview letter while I was there so it was very exciting but now reading here scares the holy terror out of me...

We have maybe 3 red flags to be worried about but he beleives he has it under control with his responses..

1. i was married before to a moroccan/(that had immigration issues)divorced about 3 yrs.. separated 4yrs

2.he is divorced from a moroccan divorced about 7 yrs

3. he has son she has custody ( on the interview letter they send the papers for his son too..) but we are not planning to bring him "yet" we will wait

We are just 2 yrs age differance so no issues there... I have been there 2x for vacation..over 1600 photos.( not bringing that many LOL) 18 months of phone records(started international phone service then), 2.5yrs of emails, chats.... snail mail from both....I dont know what else to include....

I am in panic mode and I still have 20 days to go.....

Thanks in advance for any input or advice....

WITH ALLAH ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!! ALHUMDILALLAH

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I wish I could offer the recipe for calm but I am going through the exact same thing. I am beside myself trying to figure out what to do here. We have a real marriage based on a long-developed relationship, but I fear the embassy will not see it that way. We can't help the fact that we met online and we can't change the fact that we got married on my first visit. Nor would I change it...I LOVE how our relationship has progressed and I LOVE being married to my husband. I just am so afraid of a denial and another unknown amount of time away from my husband. It's been 6 months since I've seen him and I can barely take it. I cry often and miss him terribly. I constantly have to talk myself out of just quitting my job and hopping on a plane...telling myself that we will have a better life here and just to calm down and work through it, but I absolutely fear the interview. We're missing being together for our first year of marriage and it hurts and I cannot even fathom how it would feel to get a denial. I don't know what to do or think either and we have months to go. I am right there with the OP and would love some advice and a bright side to this, if it's out there.

Edited by Vanessa1

6/27/2009 Married

10/20/2009 I-130 sent

10/28/2009 NOA1

2/8/2010 NOA2

2/12/2010 NVC received and case number assigned

2/19/2010 Gave NVC email addresses

2/19/2010 AOS/DS3032 generated (not related to giving the emails)

2/21/2010 Emailed DS3032

2/22/2010 Received DS3032 and AOS bill via email

2/23/2010 Paid AOS bill

2/25/2010 AOS bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

3/2/2010 Received IV bill

4/9/2010 Paid IV bill

4/12/2010 IV bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

4/13/2010 Mailed IV packet

4/15/2010 IV packet received and signed for

4/16/2010 AOS packet mailed

4/19/2010 AOS packet received and signed for

4/20/2010 AVR changed and states biographic documents received on 4/17/2010

4/24/2010 AVR notes AOS entered into system on 4/23/2010

4/28/2010 Sign-in fail and NVC operator confirms case complete

5/01/2010 Interview assigned!

6/16/2010 Medical Exam

6/29/2010 Interview Approved!

7/7/2010 Visa in hand!

7/22/2010 POE

ROC

5/15/2012 Mailed in I-751

5/16/2012 Received

6/5/2012 Check cashed

6/6/2012 NOA1 received

Timeline

Hang in there,,, I was in your shoes for months tooo......

Thanks for the support!!!!

HUGSS

Timeline

You too! And try to think positively. My husband is always reminding me to not worry about bad things that have not happened. Also, I think about how many good stories we DON'T hear about here. They are all too busy being happy and don't have as much time to be here. I know I wouldn't! But it's the ones that still are in the struggle that need the help and stick out in our minds. And I also take comfort in that no matter what, we will be together.

Good luck in your interview and may you have great news to share (and then go off and live your life together :) ).

6/27/2009 Married

10/20/2009 I-130 sent

10/28/2009 NOA1

2/8/2010 NOA2

2/12/2010 NVC received and case number assigned

2/19/2010 Gave NVC email addresses

2/19/2010 AOS/DS3032 generated (not related to giving the emails)

2/21/2010 Emailed DS3032

2/22/2010 Received DS3032 and AOS bill via email

2/23/2010 Paid AOS bill

2/25/2010 AOS bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

3/2/2010 Received IV bill

4/9/2010 Paid IV bill

4/12/2010 IV bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

4/13/2010 Mailed IV packet

4/15/2010 IV packet received and signed for

4/16/2010 AOS packet mailed

4/19/2010 AOS packet received and signed for

4/20/2010 AVR changed and states biographic documents received on 4/17/2010

4/24/2010 AVR notes AOS entered into system on 4/23/2010

4/28/2010 Sign-in fail and NVC operator confirms case complete

5/01/2010 Interview assigned!

6/16/2010 Medical Exam

6/29/2010 Interview Approved!

7/7/2010 Visa in hand!

7/22/2010 POE

ROC

5/15/2012 Mailed in I-751

5/16/2012 Received

6/5/2012 Check cashed

6/6/2012 NOA1 received

Timeline

Yes, you read about denials here. But you also should be reading about the approvals!

All you can do is prepare yourselves the best you can and provide as much evidence as possible to show the depth of your relationship. Just keep thinking positive, know the process, understand what you need to do no matter what the outcome, but do your best not to let something that hasn't happened yet eat you alive!

I have to admit I am right there with you....I am only at the NA01 stage waiting for the NA02, but sometimes reading the stories on here scare me to death. Though I do find hope in the successes as well. It just seems that the embassy in Casa can go either way on any given day...If you are unprepared, if you are too organized, if you are wearing the wrong color shirt.... :wacko:. I am just going to hope and pray for the best. We will make it work somehow. Hang in there and keep us posted, best of luck for a very successful interview!

Jackie

Dear all who are fighting to be with their loved ones....

GOOD LUCK TO ALL, MAY ALLAH MAKE IT SO EASY FOR YOUR REUNION!!!

I was there in your shoes last Thursday when my husband had his interview. I was a pain in the a** with him ,preparing him ...questioning him as if i was the CO.

Here is what he took to the interview if it is any help. I know that it was too much to take, BUT- as I said to my husband" we are not going to make them give any excuses to not issue the Visa.

Documents you need to bring:

Ø Pictures ( make sure you bring many pictures , not just of the wedding, but us doing regular things, along with lots of pics with anyone who visited, pictures with me and mom- to show approval of our marriage.

Ø Emails-from all years!! All the way to recent ones.

Ø Chat logs-all years

Ø Phone records (magic jack, and now ovoo, icall)

Ø Ovoo print screen with us talking

Ø [b]Documents[/b]

o New Revised Police Clearance-Certification

o Appointment letter-

o Petitioners Final Divorce-

o Evidence Document (Life Insurance Beneficiary)-

o X-ray from medical exam

o Medical Exam envelope- sealed

o All plane tickets stubs from my 10 trips

o Birth Certificate (Beneficiary)

o 2 Passport Photo

o Beneficiary Passport

o Beneficiary Moroccan ID

o All letters sent( via snail mail) and I have sent to you( Even your latest birthday card- this document in the last envelope to your post office box)

Financial Evidence-( Copies of checks, Employment letter, Tax Records-W2-TAX year 2009) pay checks

o Copies of:

§ Arabic and English Marriage Certificate-attached

§ Petioner passport copies-

§ Petioner Birth Certificate-

HERE ARE THE QUESTIONS THAT I GAVE HIM TO PRACTICE. WELL WHAT I DID WAS ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS BEFORE I SENT THEM TO HIM, IN GREEN -USE GREEN FONT IT EASES THE MIND, AND HELPS THE BRAIN REMEMBER WHAT WAS READ.

1. Who is the Petitioner?

2. Where did you meet your wife?

3. Do you speak to many woman online?

4. What language does the petitioner speak?

5. How long have you known your wife?

6. Have you been married before? Do you have any children?

7. Has your wife been married before? Does she have any children?

8. What College your wife attended?

9. Which subjects has your WIFE studied?

10. How many times has your wife visited Morocco?

11. How long was each visit?

12. What's your wife full name?

13. Has she used any other names?

14. How many times have you met?

15. When and how did you meet?

16. When was the last time you were together?

17. How long have you known each other?

18. How long were you together the last time?

19. How long were you together any other time(s)?

20. What are the dates of the visits?

21. What have you done when your WIFE came?

22. Where did you go?

23. Where does your WIFE live? Which city and state?

24. What does your WIFE do for a living?

25. Where does your WIFE work?

26. What is your Wife’s phone number?

27. Do you know how long your WIFE has had this job?

28. Did you have a wedding ceremony?

29. Please describe your wedding ceremony.

30. Questions about the pictures; when, where and who.

31. Where will you live?

32. Have you met your Wife’s family?

33. Where does your Wife’s parents live?

34. How do you communicate with your WIFE?

35. How do you keep in touch?

36. What language do you use to communicate with your WIFE?

37. How many times do you and your WIFE talk on the phone each month?

38. Do you want children?

39. What does your family think about your marriage?

40. Do you love your WIFE?

41. What do you love about your WIFE?

42. Does your WIFE own or rent their home?

43. What is the address?

44. How long has your wife lived in Florida?

45. How much does your WIFE earn?

46. Write your Wife’s full name.

47. Have you ever been to the US?

48. Do you have any relatives/friends in the US?

49. Where do they live?

50. When did her mother died?

51. Does your WIFE have any brothers or sisters?

52. What are their names?

53. How old is he?

54. What does he do for a living?

55. Where does he live?

56. how come there is no letter of intent on his behalf

57. What are your Wife’s hobbies and interests?

58. What are your hobbies and interests?

59. What do you have in common?

60. Do you know if your WIFE was married before?

61. How many times?

62. When did your WIFE divorce?

63. What is your wife ex husband name?

64. Why did they divorce?

65. Does your wife have any children?

66. What is her name?

67. How old is she?

68. When is her birthday?

69. What grade is she in?

70. What year was she born?

71. What does she call you?

72. Have you spoken to her?

73. How do you get along with your Wife’s child?

74. What is your Wife’s religious background?

75. Does your WIFE speak and understand your language?

76. Why do you want to come to the United States?

77. How old is your WIFE?

78. What is your Wife’s birth date?

79. Where was your WIFE born?

80. Do you speak and understand your Wife’s native language?

81. What do you do for a living?

82. What do you plan to do once you are in the US?

83. Do you plan to work in the US?

84. Do you plan to study in the US?

85. What company does your Wife’s work for and what is their title?

86. What is your Wife’s favorite food?

87. Where did your WIFE work in the past and for how long?

88. What color are your Wife’s eyes?

89. What color is your Wife’s hair?

a.

90. Did you prepare the forms yourself?

91. Have you been in the military?

92. Who is the petitioner?

93. Please tell me more about your WIFE.

94. Do you plan to stay in the U.S. forever?

95. What made you decide to use the internet to find a WIFE?

96. How long has your WIFE been working for Atlantic Broadband?

97. When did you marry?

98. When was your wedding ceremony?

99. Who was there?

100. Was any of her family there?

101. Why weren't they there?

102. What is your religion?

103. Were you talking to a lot of women on the Internet?

104. What do you and your WIFE talk about on the phone?

105. Will you be a good parent to your Wife’s child?

106. Have you ever left Morocco?

107. For how long?

108. Why did you leave?

109. What did your wife love more here in Morocco?

110. Have you ever applied for a US Visa?

111. When did you apply?

112. Who was the petioner?

113. What happened with the previous relationship?

114. WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON’T GET THE VISA?

More tips on the interview below……

1. Do not volunteer information. For most questions, the shorter and more direct the answers are, the shorter the interview and the higher the chance of success. If the question is a yes or no question, give yes or no answers only. If the question is a simple question like "What is your name?" answer simply with your name.(MY HUSBAND AND I DO NOT AGREE TO THIS INFORMATION- IT IS BECAUSE HE SPOKE SO MUCH ABOUT THE ANSWERS, AND GAVE DETAILED EMOTIONAL RESPONSES, IS WHY THEY TOLD HIM TO PICK UP THE VISA NEXT DAY)- YOU MUST CONVINCE THE CO THAT YOU ARE REAL, YOU CANNOT DO THAT WITH YES AND NO ANSWERS. THIS IS COMMENT IS FROM MY HUSBAND THAT DID THE MOROCCAN INTERVIEW January 28TH.

2. If you do not know the answer to a question, do not lie. Say, "I don't know the answer to that at this time." or "I don't remember."

3. The answer to many questions will be in the papers that were sent in the petitions. Questions like, "what are your wife's parent's names". They will expect you to know the information given in your petitions. Review everything in your paperwork with your husband before his interview, and do a mock interview to see how the information may be applied.

4. Avoid saying "I think . . .". Women do this a lot. The examiner will expect you to know not be unsure, of your answers. Alwife, avoid adding "umm", "you know" and "ahh" type fillers to your speech.

5. When applicable, don't just state, demonstrate. If the examiner asks a question that can be answered with a document or photograph(s), provide it along with your answer.

For example, if the examiner asks, "What does your family think of your wife?", give them a picture or two with your answer; "They like her very much. Here is a picture of her with my mother at my home."

Or, "How many attended your wedding?" Answer, "(give a number, then say) We have wifeme lovely wedding photos of our guests having fun. Here are a few that I can show you."

6. Give American answers for dates and times. 12/24/07, not 24/12/07.

7. Dress well, but not overdressed.

8. Try to appear calm, well organized, and friendly. Nervousness raises suspicions.

9. Remain focused. If the examiner makes jokes, smile and enjoy, but do not make jokes too.

10. Make proper eye contact when conversing with the examiner, and try to control your own facial expressions assure that your face remains pleasant and cordial.

11. Be audible (means speak up) your examiner doesn't have to ask you to repeat your answers.

12. Organize your papers in a way that will allow you to retrieve them easily and quickly. Examiners appreciate order and someone who doesn't waste their time.

13. When the interview is over, always ask for the results. "What should I now tell my wife about my visa status after our interview?" Before you leave, have them explain any papers they give to you and/or any procedures they will be taking to complete your case. Try to get the examiner's name for future reference, if needed. Write it down. Remember to verify the phone number so they can contact you to pick up the VISA.!@! hurray@@!!!

14. Arrive early to the consulate, but always be prepared to wait for a time past your scheduled interview appointment time. Be careful of thieves around the consulate if you have to carry cash. Bring ID; you cannot enter without it.

CONFIDENCE IS THE KEY TO ANYTHING!

Erase the image on how you thought your life would turn out- and start living the life you are living!!

That's great and detailed advice. It was very nice of you to take the time to type that all up. Thank you.

Did you and your husband have any red flags, or anything you worried about going into the interview?

It sounds like you and your husband have known each other a while (ten trips).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

Wowzers! Getting married on the first trip and only spending 2 weeks with him. :wacko::blink: No way in hell I could do that. What’s the rush?! If he really loves you he’s gonna wait for you he’s not going anywhere. If I were single and had met a guy online here in the states there is no f**ckin way I would marry him on our first meeting – I don’t know of many people that would do that (as a matter of fact I can’t think of any). I took several trips we wanted to make sure we were both doing the right thing – not just marry because we loved each other and because the hospitality was fantastic. There is a lot more than vacationing and getting to know someone in person in 2 weeks. Wanted my parents to meet him unfortunately they didn’t make it but my brother did make a quick 6 day trip. He wanted to meet this great guy I was crazy about, he wanted to meet his family, where he came from, the culture and wanted to see for himself the situation in Palestine. Yes, I understand that these are different circumstances when someone lives overseas but we tried to take all the steps we could as if he was already here prior to marriage.

H*ll what do I know. Maybe I’m wrong here and it’s normal to get married the first 2 weeks of meeting each other. :unsure:

Palestine the world's largest open air prison

Timeline

WOW ... thank you so much......

all this support is great!!!

I think have pretty much all the same proof.. I just left it for him to organize in his way with everything in folders ....He still need to add my lettersna dcard i have sent him but pretty much everything is ready !!!!!

He finally schedule the Doc App.... for Monday am..... he would not talk with his secertary wanted HIM directly to make sure the was no space for error in time....Azzeddine tends to be a bit direct and wants "answers" he almost insist on eye contact with whom ever he is in talking with.... I hope his directness does not bite him in back side durning the interview!!!!!!

I have sent him the questions and I have some more someone posted awhile ago......

I hope our interview goes as well as yours

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE DETAILS>>>>>

AMana/Azzeddine

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was in your boat too, we didn't have any red flags - but I worried myself sick, honestly.. I wish I was kidding. Don't do that to your self! God is in control - all we can really do is turn to him and let him be in charge... pray!! I will pray for you.

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

That's great and detailed advice. It was very nice of you to take the time to type that all up. Thank you.

Did you and your husband have any red flags, or anything you worried about going into the interview?

It sounds like you and your husband have known each other a while (ten trips).

Well , I had it typed up for my husband, that is the format I presented him with, so all I did was erase my answers. We have known each others since 2006-because as me-4-musa said....

"""Getting married on the first trip and only spending 2 weeks with him. No way in hell I could do that. What’s the rush?! If he really loves you he’s gonna wait for you he’s not going anywhere."""

That is why in 3 years and a half I have traveled 10 times, and on my 9th time is when we decided to marry- and petition for him.

Thank you all for your beautiful words...tomorrow my husband arrives...My daugther and I can be happier!!!

Trust in what Teresa said....it is in God's hands, believe he will give all of us what is deserving!

Erase the image on how you thought your life would turn out- and start living the life you are living!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Wowzers! Getting married on the first trip and only spending 2 weeks with him. :wacko::blink: No way in hell I could do that. What’s the rush?! If he really loves you he’s gonna wait for you he’s not going anywhere. If I were single and had met a guy online here in the states there is no f**ckin way I would marry him on our first meeting – I don’t know of many people that would do that (as a matter of fact I can’t think of any). I took several trips we wanted to make sure we were both doing the right thing – not just marry because we loved each other and because the hospitality was fantastic. There is a lot more than vacationing and getting to know someone in person in 2 weeks. Wanted my parents to meet him unfortunately they didn’t make it but my brother did make a quick 6 day trip. He wanted to meet this great guy I was crazy about, he wanted to meet his family, where he came from, the culture and wanted to see for himself the situation in Palestine. Yes, I understand that these are different circumstances when someone lives overseas but we tried to take all the steps we could as if he was already here prior to marriage.

H*ll what do I know. Maybe I’m wrong here and it’s normal to get married the first 2 weeks of meeting each other. :unsure:

I didnt see anyone mention this in their posts. Who is this in reference to?

Embassy Journey

2009-11-15 : Case at US Embassy in Cairo

2009-10-26 : Medical Exam@4pm

2009-10-28 : Medical Exam results given

2009-11-09 : Interview Date @ 9am

2009-11-09 to 2010-01-21 AP

2010-02-02: Visa Issued

2010-02-06 : Visa in Hand

2010-02-11 : U.S. Entry

U.S. Journey

2010-03-01 : Social Security card received

2010-03-04 : Welcome to the US letter received in the mail

2010-03-11 : Green card received

2010-04-04 : Ahmad got a J-O-B (Alhamdullah!)

2010-05-22 : Ahmad got his DL

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I wish I could offer the recipe for calm but I am going through the exact same thing. I am beside myself trying to figure out what to do here. We have a real marriage based on a long-developed relationship, but I fear the embassy will not see it that way. We can't help the fact that we met online and we can't change the fact that we got married on my first visit. Nor would I change it...I LOVE how our relationship has progressed and I LOVE being married to my husband. I just am so afraid of a denial and another unknown amount of time away from my husband. It's been 6 months since I've seen him and I can barely take it. I cry often and miss him terribly. I constantly have to talk myself out of just quitting my job and hopping on a plane...telling myself that we will have a better life here and just to calm down and work through it, but I absolutely fear the interview. We're missing being together for our first year of marriage and it hurts and I cannot even fathom how it would feel to get a denial. I don't know what to do or think either and we have months to go. I am right there with the OP and would love some advice and a bright side to this, if it's out there.

Vanessa do not worry yourself with other peoples comments. If you are happy and love your husband that is all that matters. I am here if you ever need to talk. And last I checked VJ was supposed to be a place to get positive and helpful advice about the immigration journey. I truly with you the best!!!

Embassy Journey

2009-11-15 : Case at US Embassy in Cairo

2009-10-26 : Medical Exam@4pm

2009-10-28 : Medical Exam results given

2009-11-09 : Interview Date @ 9am

2009-11-09 to 2010-01-21 AP

2010-02-02: Visa Issued

2010-02-06 : Visa in Hand

2010-02-11 : U.S. Entry

U.S. Journey

2010-03-01 : Social Security card received

2010-03-04 : Welcome to the US letter received in the mail

2010-03-11 : Green card received

2010-04-04 : Ahmad got a J-O-B (Alhamdullah!)

2010-05-22 : Ahmad got his DL

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.