Adrian+Mike

i-134 affidavit of support question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hello again!

As we're approching the final stage we're going through the last bits including whats expected at the interview. As my finance works two jobs she has sent me 6x paystubs from one employer, 4x paystubs from the other. We have letters from both employers stating what her salary is. We would include the W2 from 2009 however as she was in diffrent employment during the majority of 2009 which did not cover the poverty guidelines we have not included this. She is of course earning well beyond the guideline needed now, which is what the paystubs and letters show.. will this be enough evidence? Should we include the w2 regardless as this will contradict what she is currently earning?

08-15-09 -- I-129F Sent! Here we go!!

05-20-10 -- K1 Approved!!!!!

06-29-10 -- Mike flys into the USA

09-18-10 -- Wedding!!

10-16-10 -- EAD/AOS Mailed

10-23-10 -- Biometrics appt received, 17 Nov!

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
Hello again!

As we're approching the final stage we're going through the last bits including whats expected at the interview. As my finance works two jobs she has sent me 6x paystubs from one employer, 4x paystubs from the other. We have letters from both employers stating what her salary is. We would include the W2 from 2009 however as she was in diffrent employment during the majority of 2009 which did not cover the poverty guidelines we have not included this. She is of course earning well beyond the guideline needed now, which is what the paystubs and letters show.. will this be enough evidence? Should we include the w2 regardless as this will contradict what she is currently earning?

I think many people's tax transcripts from previous years are not the same as what they are currently earning. I included the 3 prior years of tax transcripts, several paystubs (and I emailed the last one right before his interview), to show current weekly/YTD pay. Also the letter from my employer also stating what I earn each week. Send everything, especially since you have already listed previous job history already. The current stuff shows what you are currently earning.

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

Timeline
I think many people's tax transcripts from previous years are not the same as what they are currently earning. I included the 3 prior years of tax transcripts, several paystubs (and I emailed the last one right before his interview), to show current weekly/YTD pay. Also the letter from my employer also stating what I earn each week. Send everything, especially since you have already listed previous job history already. The current stuff shows what you are currently earning.

11:00pm and im running around unable to sleep.. trying to remember/figure out what jobs i had when and find the matching w2s.. thanks ill send him all that info.. my worry is the difference in pay from my current w2 to what my employers say i will make "this year"

09-18-10 -- Wedding!!

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Basically we need to know if we need a co signer... I make enough now but according to my 2009 tax return I make under the 125%...I have two jobs one I've been at for two years the other for 6 months

09-18-10 -- Wedding!!

event.png

event.png

event.png

London will accept your argument about "current income" Use employer letters and pay stubs to show this. The employer letters should include a start date, so that will help explain any discrepancies.

You will want to have your TAX TRANSCRIPT for the most recent tax year as well, as they are used to seeing that there. If you order your 2008 one from the IRS (it's free) there is no scramble to collect W-2s and such.

If your interview is during or after April, then they will want to see the 2009 tax return, so just make sure you keep it all together in a folder when you file.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline
London will accept your argument about "current income" Use employer letters and pay stubs to show this. The employer letters should include a start date, so that will help explain any discrepancies.

You will want to have your TAX TRANSCRIPT for the most recent tax year as well, as they are used to seeing that there. If you order your 2008 one from the IRS (it's free) there is no scramble to collect W-2s and such.

If your interview is during or after April, then they will want to see the 2009 tax return, so just make sure you keep it all together in a folder when you file.

Awesome, thanks for that!

09-18-10 -- Wedding!!

event.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.