dnick

Confused on timelines here

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello My Name is Dominick and I filed for a K-1 129f with the original NOA dated on October 27, 2009. The way the time-line appears on this page http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ge=k1historical ,it appears that I am a month late from receiving my NOA2. Am I understanding the situation correct? Is there something that I should be doing? There have been no updates, it has consistently sat at "initial review" for the whole time. So the question are, am I understanding the situation/ time frame wrong? If so, please help me understand it better. If not, and this does indicate a problem, what should I be doing to correct this speedbump? Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Unfortunately there is no rhyme or reason in the order that CSC or VSC processed I-129F's. If you read the forums you'll see many October filers who haven't even had a touch since their filing, while some who filed in mid-November have already received their NOA2 and they're at the NVC.

The timeline that USCIS provides is 5 months of processing time for I-129F petitions, so even though it sucks that you are still waiting - an inquire to USCIS will only result in their reply of "your I-129F is within normal processing times"

Hope you get your NOA2 soon!

Alan

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

The current trends (made up of VJ members that have created/used timelines) is currently anywhere from 104 to 129 days from receipt to approval (found here) . And those are averages so some folks longer and some shorter.

Right now, there's nothing to do but start preparing for the next steps because you're certainly getting close. (To better help you and others, it would also help if you created a timeline here on VJ. Go to My Assistant>>Add/Edit My Timeline). :thumbs:

Well I updated the timeline, I did not put it as a email signature line. So basically a lot of this is luck of the draw? Slow fast doesn't indicate anything? Of all the things to come out on the 30 days later than average side, this is quite a frustrating event. The last time I went to see my finacee, at the end of December is when I was supposed to be receiving my NOA2 according to the timeline. I was sure it would be waiting for me when I got back. Now it's just a lot of wait and wonder. I have been a member of Visa Journey for quite a while, but I am probably going to need your advise and tranquility more than ever right now due to this delay. Thanks.

Dnick

Hello My Name is Dominick and I filed for a K-1 129f with the original NOA dated on October 27, 2009. The way the time-line appears on this page http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ge=k1historical ,it appears that I am a month late from receiving my NOA2. Am I understanding the situation correct? Is there something that I should be doing? There have been no updates, it has consistently sat at "initial review" for the whole time. So the question are, am I understanding the situation/ time frame wrong? If so, please help me understand it better. If not, and this does indicate a problem, what should I be doing to correct this speedbump? Thank you.

Hey Dominik,

If your NOA1 was Oct 27 - three months would be about Jan 27. With the holidays thrown in I would expect a little longer. My guess is you should see something relatively soon. When we sent ours back in June 09 the stated processing time expected was 5 month but in the end we did receive NOA2 in 3 months. I dont think at this time you should have anything to worry about. If you have not received any RFE's then sit tight a little longer. We all know how much waiting sucks but its part of the process. Keep checking for updates and good luck with your NOA2 and moving forward!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Well I updated the timeline, I did not put it as a email signature line. So basically a lot of this is luck of the draw?

Dnick

:yes:

When my I129f was approved, we were more than 2 weeks behind everyone else who'd filed at the same time.

SA4userbar.jpg

Hey Dominik,

If your NOA1 was Oct 27 - three months would be about Jan 27. With the holidays thrown in I would expect a little longer. My guess is you should see something relatively soon. When we sent ours back in June 09 the stated processing time expected was 5 month but in the end we did receive NOA2 in 3 months. I dont think at this time you should have anything to worry about. If you have not received any RFE's then sit tight a little longer. We all know how much waiting sucks but its part of the process. Keep checking for updates and good luck with your NOA2 and moving forward!

So when it currently says that people are receiving their NOA2 from applications made in Late November, it that an average, the earliest, the mean?

So when it currently says that people are receiving their NOA2 from applications made in Late November, it that an average, the earliest, the mean?

Not sure what's happened but your timeline isn't updated because your information isn't showing? I can only see the originating countries...

If your information was in there, you might find it changes the dates. Assuming it calculates it on an average number of days, but admitting I don't know how exactly it is calculating. It can't take your data into consideration, as you haven't told it when you received your NOA1, or when you submitted your I-129F.

You don't need to and can't do anything to speed up the process. You're not a month 'behind' because it varies so much. Some get it in a couple of weeks, some wait 6+ months. Unless they ask for more information that they're missing, you just have to wait. Having studied timelines for UK applicants, I'm anticipating a wait of 3-4 months.

Unfortunately, Armenia doesn't have a lot of accurately allocated timelines to compare to. But the couple that there are seem to have got their NOA2 after approx. 4 months, which is average across the board.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Yes that would be correct, however you have to be careful. If your looking at the trends here in VJ they are only for members who have joined here and filled in timelines. There are also trends available at USCIS website that encompass actual numbers but not sure how often they update it. On the smaller scale here a few new entires can affect the mean average quite a bit!

As I think I mentioned previously, your time frame sounds to be about right and I would expect you should hear something soon. I struggled with the waiting when ours was being processed so imagine how suprised I was when the "mean" on the USICS was 5 months and we received in three! Hang in there and it will come!

Also the timing at VSC and CSC can be substantially different so make sure you look at the correct charts.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

I just checked USCIS website for VSC processing times for I129F's. It was last updated on November 30th and the chart indicates 5 months. What that means is that they are currently processing I129F's in less than the expected 5 month period. I know its not much information but thats all that is available.

So to keep it in perspective - worst case should be late March - however I would expect you to see it before that. I looked at another chart and saw that at VSC the volume processed in December dropped pretty dramatically from Sept, Oct and Nov. Probably due to the holidays and vacations and things.

Hang in there friend!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

I just checked USCIS website for VSC processing times for I129F's. It was last updated on November 30th and the chart indicates 5 months. What that means is that they are currently processing I129F's in less than the expected 5 month period. I know its not much information but thats all that is available.

So to keep it in perspective - worst case should be late March - however I would expect you to see it before that. I looked at another chart and saw that at VSC the volume processed in December dropped pretty dramatically from Sept, Oct and Nov. Probably due to the holidays and vacations and things.

Hang in there friend!

Thanks all. Yes, waiting is hard. And really I thought Visa Journey would make is a bit easier because one way or another we are all in the same boat. It just is so disappointing/confusing/nerve-wracking to see that NOA2s are being sent out from people who applied November 21.

My goal is to have mi fiancee in my city for my Birthday in Mid May. Just a personal goal. It feels so powerless waiting on the government on something like this, that never in my life did I have to worry so much about a random government office.

Ok, Thanks agian for your answers and support.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.