Ma Vie

My Fiance Denied Visa Today in Casa

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We are both just sick to our stomachs about this. He had his interview this morning with an awful, nasty man. The interviewer asked everything about me, my name, where I live, where I work, what I do, my age (there is 15 years difference), he then asked why my fiance does not marry a Moroccan woman. My fiance answered everything correctly and to the last question he answered "I did not find a Moroccan woman and all in love, I met and fell in love with my fiance from USA". All the interviewer did was laugh at everything. After 2 hours of talking, the interviewer told my fiance you are refused a visa and gave him the paper which states the usual box checked for reason 221(g) with something written that it is being sent back to the State Department and another letter will follow. I am looking at the paper now and there is no specific reason given. I did go to my Congressman's office today and they are looking into it. The Congressman's office said they received 3 denials from Casa Embassy just yesterday. We are just sick about this and to top things off we may not hear anything for 4 weeks and by then the Fiance Applications expires (the 2nd paper states valid October 6, 2009 to February 25, 2010)! I am making an appointment with my local immigration office. In the meantime, can anyone tell me since it will expire by the time we receive final refusal papers, should we refile under Fiance Visa again or should I go to Morocco, get married and do the marriage (K-3 I think it's called) Visa? If I have to I will retire from my job (I have enough years to retire and I am 50), go to Morocco and live there and do the immigration papers from Morocco? I apologize if some of this doesn't make sense, I am nervous, sick to my stomach and so very sad.. Why is it that men can marry younger women, but when a woman wants to do it, the marriage is considered taboo? FYI, all the papers were correct. Do people get approved if they file again after being denied? Should I do a Fiance again or do the marriage visa, should I do a marriage visa from USA or Morocco? Any help is appreciated and thank you all for taking the time to listen and help.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
We are both just sick to our stomachs about this. He had his interview this morning with an awful, nasty man. The interviewer asked everything about me, my name, where I live, where I work, what I do, my age (there is 15 years difference), he then asked why my fiance does not marry a Moroccan woman. My fiance answered everything correctly and to the last question he answered "I did not find a Moroccan woman and all in love, I met and fell in love with my fiance from USA". All the interviewer did was laugh at everything. After 2 hours of talking, the interviewer told my fiance you are refused a visa and gave him the paper which states the usual box checked for reason 221(g) with something written that it is being sent back to the State Department and another letter will follow. I am looking at the paper now and there is no specific reason given. I did go to my Congressman's office today and they are looking into it. The Congressman's office said they received 3 denials from Casa Embassy just yesterday. We are just sick about this and to top things off we may not hear anything for 4 weeks and by then the Fiance Applications expires (the 2nd paper states valid October 6, 2009 to February 25, 2010)! I am making an appointment with my local immigration office. In the meantime, can anyone tell me since it will expire by the time we receive final refusal papers, should we refile under Fiance Visa again or should I go to Morocco, get married and do the marriage (K-3 I think it's called) Visa? If I have to I will retire from my job (I have enough years to retire and I am 50), go to Morocco and live there and do the immigration papers from Morocco? I apologize if some of this doesn't make sense, I am nervous, sick to my stomach and so very sad.. Why is it that men can marry younger women, but when a woman wants to do it, the marriage is considered taboo? FYI, all the papers were correct. Do people get approved if they file again after being denied? Should I do a Fiance again or do the marriage visa, should I do a marriage visa from USA or Morocco? Any help is appreciated and thank you all for taking the time to listen and help.

We were also denied from a very nasty man on Jan. 5. The first thing he told my fiance was that he did not like our package. It was big, with tons of evidence. Anyways, there is a pinned thread at the top of the MENA page for denials. You already contacted your elected officials. That's good. There are a few options for you. I have decided to travel to Morocco, get married, and come back and file the CR1. This is one option. You could also wait for the petition to come back to the states, and wait for USCIS to reaffirm it. I would suggest you check out KIYAH's profile, she has some very important and helpful information for you. Morocco4ever and mena4life have valuable info as well, they all went through denials. I am very sure they will be along for you to help in more detail. God bless you, and don't let them break your spirit. My fiance and I went through alot when we got denied, but we feel so much stronger now, and we are getting married in March. Take care and good luck

Edited by tany1157

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

We were also denied from a very nasty man on Jan. 5. The first thing he told my fiance was that he did not like our package. It was big, with tons of evidence. Anyways, there is a pinned thread at the top of the MENA page for denials. You already contacted your elected officials. That's good. There are a few options for you. I have decided to travel to Morocco, get married, and come back and file the CR1. This is one option. You could also wait for the petition to come back to the states, and wait for USCIS to reaffirm it. I would suggest you check out KIYAH's profile, she has some very important and helpful information for you. Morocco4ever and mena4life have valuable info as well, they all went through denials. I am very sure they will be along for you to help in more detail. God bless you, and don't let them break your spirit. My fiance and I went through alot when we got denied, but we feel so much stronger now, and we are getting married in March. Take care and good luck

Thank you so much for your help.. I am sorry if I sound dumb, but what and where is MENA page?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

MENA is the Middle East and North Africa Regional Forum here on Visa Journey. Here is a direct link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=97 You will find lots of useful information as well as great support from other VJers who are going through or who have similar experiences with the Consulate in Casablanca.

Good luck - and don't give up hope.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you so much for your help.. I am sorry if I sound dumb, but what and where is MENA page?

[

I'm so sorry LOL I assumed you posted in MENA cause I found your post under the Moroccan Portal page. I am dumb also, I have no idea how to paste a link...on the top of the page, click on FORUMS....scroll down to REGIONAL FORUMS...and you will see SUB-FORUMS.....click on MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA....that is MENA...the top of that page, click on RETURNING PETITIONS TO UNITED STATES VIA 221G

Edited by tany1157

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Why is it that men can marry younger women, but when a woman wants to do it, the marriage is considered taboo?

in most of the world, a marriage between an older man and a younger woman is seen as not that unusual. in MENA, a young man's marriage to an older woman (especially past child bearing age) is seen as highly unusual, and outside the social norm. it is assumed by CO that any such marriage is therefore an attempt to circumvent immigration law, and engaged in for no purpose other than immigration benefits.

you may have a very nice relationship with this guy, but his society, in general, does not accept it as "normal". it is the perceptions of his society that give the CO the leeway to deny for validity of relationship. if you move to morocco and live there as man and wife with him for a year and can prove that his family accepted the relationship, their argument is impaired.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

in most of the world, a marriage between an older man and a younger woman is seen as not that unusual. in MENA, a young man's marriage to an older woman (especially past child bearing age) is seen as highly unusual, and outside the social norm. it is assumed by CO that any such marriage is therefore an attempt to circumvent immigration law, and engaged in for no purpose other than immigration benefits.

you may have a very nice relationship with this guy, but his society, in general, does not accept it as "normal". it is the perceptions of his society that give the CO the leeway to deny for validity of relationship. if you move to morocco and live there as man and wife with him for a year and can prove that his family accepted the relationship, their argument is impaired.

Thank you for answering.. We did have letters from all my family and from his family.. Thank you..

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Thank you for answering.. We did have letters from all my family and from his family.. Thank you..

Letters are letters and from family, indicating acceptance, they don't weigh much. Time spent together is always the strongest evidence of a bona fide relationship. The details of the interview questions and answers will be the best source of information on why the visa was denied.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Letters are letters and from family, indicating acceptance, they don't weigh much. Time spent together is always the strongest evidence of a bona fide relationship. The details of the interview questions and answers will be the best source of information on why the visa was denied.

We are starting to see the necessity of multiple trips and more time being spent together as a "requirement" to obtain visas more and more these days.

It's happening in most all countries as internet usage increases.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

We are starting to see the necessity of multiple trips and more time being spent together as a "requirement" to obtain visas more and more these days.

I have made multiple visits and yes letters are just letters! I was so organized and went over every last piece of paper and all papers were there and pictures.. As I am going over everything and we have been talking, the 3 things that "stick out" are "why he didn't fall in love with a Moroccan woman"; "our age difference"; and "all the information provided was SO organized".. My Congressman is trying to help and I have an appointment with the local Immigration Office this Friday to see if I should begin a new Fiance Visa, go back to Morocco to marry and live there as long as I can.. I will be going back again very soon regardless of whether we marry or not... This man who did the interview just laughed at every answer and the experience was so horrible and humiliating.. Every answer was correct, but now that I think of it the final question was "what will you do if you are denied a visa" and when my fiance said "I love her very much and want to be with her forever and she will come to Morocco and we will marry here", that is when the man said refused a visa! I also feel that it was decided even before the interview that our petition would be denied. We are not giving up!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

It's a bit more complicated or nuanced than that. The more red flags in the case, the more important extra trips and/or longer trips, other evidence and interview preparation become. Catch 22 is that too many people don't understand what a red flag is or how many (and/or how severe) their case has. This is because the guides don't tell them and they don't do enough reading here to learn from the experiences of others until after they're already in trouble.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

It's a bit more complicated or nuanced than that. The more red flags in the case, the more important extra trips and/or longer trips, other evidence and interview preparation become. Catch 22 is that too many people don't understand what a red flag is or how many (and/or how severe) their case has. This is because the guides don't tell them and they don't do enough reading here to learn from the experiences of others until after they're already in trouble.

I am sorry but I disagree with not doing enough reading to learn from others experiences. I believe a true reason(s) should be given instead of having the person(s) "guess"! There are many given a visa where the age difference is 20+ years and some even as much as 26 years difference (the woman older), they are living happily for the last 5+ years. People enter this country illegally and are given permission to stay and when someone does things "the correct way", they are humiliated and put through hell to be together. How is that fair? I spent months asking questions, checking and rechecking papers. If it is approved here through all the channels in the USA, what gives an interviewer the right to play GOD? The answer to that question is NOT because they can play GOD.. Maybe they are jealous, I don't know..

Yeah some countries like Morocco are on record for having young males scamming older US female citizens for GCs.

It's a red flag from the start and how the immigration process is attacked from the very start and thruout the process is huge!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I want to say that 15 years is not that great of a difference. I am tired of not being told the specifics for denial, I am tired of it is okay for an older man and younger woman.. Who is to say the woman is not scamming the man, I have heard of that happening quite often.. I know we have a true relationship and I am lucky I can stop working and go there and marry.. I just am sick of so many being denied.. Let's address a reason I believe for the denial (as I sit on the phone and computer for the last 7 hours), it is because it is a country from the Middle East and the recent attempted terrorist act puts up a flag too. Thanks to everyone for the advice and I've contacted and sent emails to Casablanca and like I have mentioned have an interview with our local Immigration Officer and hopefully the Immigration Officer can tell me the next best course of action to take!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.