neptune970

International shipping woes

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline

International shipping is a pain in my @#$. I knew this would happen!! Interview date is on Monday and the DHL envelope with my affidavit of support was supposed to arrive yesterday, then today. Now they fessed up and said they accidently sent it to Peru...heck why now, they both start with a P! :wacko: Looks like it'll arrive on Monday instead...keeping my fingers crossed. Now, he's gonna call and see if we can switch the interview to Tuesday. This is a bummer.... :hehe:

May 2nd - Sent I-129F to Vermont

May 13th - NOA1

June 23rd - recieved RFE (IMBRA)

June 24th - Sent back RFE

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 10th - NOA2 notice via email

July 14th - NOA2 via snail mail

July 14th - petition mailed thru DHL to Asuncion, PY

Week of July 17th - Embassy received my petition

July 24th - beneficiary receives packet 3

July 27th - medical exam

Aug 7th - interview - approved :)

Aug 11th - picked up his visa

Aug 21st - purchased plane ticket!

Aug 30th - reunion day :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hope you sort this out ! Good luck with the interview!

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oh no! I hope you have no problems rescheduling your interview.

Just to be on the safe side, don't you think you should call the consulate and not set a new date before mail gets there?

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Just to be on the safe side, don't you think you should call the consulate and not set a new date before mail gets there?

well what happened was that the interview date was set when he went to pay for the visa (didn't even know you had to do that by the way, thought that was included in the i-129f fee!). yesterday had his medical, has the forms all set, all that's needed is my stuff. not too many people are interviewing in py i don't think and they're pretty easy to contact and stuff and the lady there gave him her number to call anytime once he's got all his things ready so he's just gonna call her and see what she says.

May 13th - NOA1

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 27th - medical exam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

well what happened was that the interview date was set when he went to pay for the visa (didn't even know you had to do that by the way, thought that was included in the i-129f fee!). yesterday had his medical, has the forms all set, all that's needed is my stuff. not too many people are interviewing in py i don't think and they're pretty easy to contact and stuff and the lady there gave him her number to call anytime once he's got all his things ready so he's just gonna call her and see what she says.

Great! So no reason to panick. Let us know how it went.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
Great! So no reason to panick. Let us know how it went.

lol I guess I was panicking...thanks! feel better now. I know someone who's package to Paraguay was sent to Papua New Guinea first! (Do they just look at only the 1st letter most of the time?!) Hehe...at least thy're getting closer....

May 13th - NOA1

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 27th - medical exam

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Oh!!! I wish I had told you this before, but NEVER EVER EVER send anything through DHL. I sent a package to Argentina once and it NEVER arrived. Actually, it arrived, but it was stolen. I fought with them for days and basically harrased the hell out of them until they finally gave me a refund.

FED EX FOREVER AND EVER!! It's what my parents use. Also, to save some time. Tell your fiance to go pick it up at the Fed Ex office instead of having them deliver it to his house. Have you seen the streets of Paraguay or been given directions? They usually sound like this " At the cemetery, turn left, then drive down until you see a Mango tree and a despensa. Turn right, and when you will see a red fence you're there." :angry:

And yeah, not too many people interview in Paraguay for other visas because they're sick of hearing "visa denied"

:ot::crying: My cousin was supposed to come visit this summer and was flat out denied. Apperently, they don't think she just wants to come visit, they think she wants to immigrate (and leave her college education, her boyfriend, her parents, and overrall good life to live here illegally and work as a housekeeper or a nanny).

:ot2:

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I guess things are settled then. Good!

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline
Oh!!! I wish I had told you this before, but NEVER EVER EVER send anything through DHL. I sent a package to Argentina once and it NEVER arrived. Actually, it arrived, but it was stolen. I fought with them for days and basically harrased the hell out of them until they finally gave me a refund.

FED EX FOREVER AND EVER!! It's what my parents use. Also, to save some time. Tell your fiance to go pick it up at the Fed Ex office instead of having them deliver it to his house.

DHL keeps telling me it's not lost. I talk to them everyday and they said they know where it is (well at least there's that much!) and they're still saying Monday for arrival date so we'll see. They already set up my refund on Friday. Man, I hope it gets there!!! I hope noone steals it since it's just an envelope marked Documentos - haha, who am i kidding, they open whatever they can get their hands on :wacko:

Have you seen the streets of Paraguay or been given directions? They usually sound like this " At the cemetery, turn left, then drive down until you see a Mango tree and a despensa. Turn right, and when you will see a red fence you're there." :angry:

Hey, how do you know where I stayed in Paraguay!? :o

And yeah, not too many people interview in Paraguay for other visas because they're sick of hearing "visa denied"

:ot::crying: My cousin was supposed to come visit this summer and was flat out denied. Apperently, they don't think she just wants to come visit, they think she wants to immigrate (and leave her college education, her boyfriend, her parents, and overrall good life to live here illegally and work as a housekeeper or a nanny).

yeah, a tourist visa to the US is definitely one in a million. I know 2 so far in the past few months who've been denied on that. It's funny, though, going to Spain is another story.....

May 13th - NOA1

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 27th - medical exam

Timeline

I hope your package arrived safely! It's too bad you have to change the interview day, but from the looks of it, it wont be hard.

I wish the Embassy at Buenos Aires worked as fast as the one in Asuncion. They never answer my e-mails and charge for phone calls.

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Timeline
I wish the Embassy at Buenos Aires worked as fast as the one in Asuncion. They never answer my e-mails and charge for phone calls.

Charging the public for phone calls is absurd. It's the US govt, not a 1-900 number! It's always frustrating when there's no communication from their end. As much as I complain about phone communication and shipping and whatnot I am grateful that the embassy in py is fast and efficient.

May 13th - NOA1

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 27th - medical exam

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

We also had TERRIBLE luck with DHL. We did finally get a refund (two, as a matter of fact). And we then went with FedEx and they were great.

We love FedEx.

But the weirdest thing is that our Evidence and Affidavit were sent to France. My (then) fiance's country name does not begin with F. :no: But I know that's where one of our packages went because I got a very strange phone call from a woman in France who said she had our package!! :o She knew my work phone #, so I didn't have any trouble believing that. She said our packages had gotten reversed and she would have DHL send mine back to me. The whole thing was just bizarre. This was last summer and DHL was saying they were switching over to a new central facility. I wouldn't believe a word any DHL rep told me. Wonder what their excuse is now....

Anyhow, for the OP, as an alternative to changing the interview date, you might ask if you can, at least until the package gets there, fax a copy of your Affidavit to the Consulate.

Good luck!

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Timeline

So what ended up happening? I'm curious!

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

Timeline
So what ended up happening? I'm curious!

DHL has promised to call me back by 5 today. I emailed the embassy in Asuncion and told them the situation...that the only thing left is for my affidavit of support and offered to fax a copy so let's see what they respond. If DHL doesnt have this resolved by today I'm mailing it through FedEx...I just checked their prices online and for an envelope it's $90 something!! Man, for that price it better get there fast!! lol Do you know where I can find a notary in Asuncion? Can he go to any bank (most banks here have a notary)? Someone who's been through this process told me its best to get a notarized copy of the birth certificate for when he gets here (but the embassy doesnt need it). I'll make a new post about the notary since not too many people are reading this post now ;)

May 13th - NOA1

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 27th - medical exam

Timeline

Okay, latest Update:

DHL - $#@#! still havent called.

Embassy - they need the original. :unsure: But it's okay, I figured I've waited this long, what's a few more days! :whistle:

May 13th - NOA1

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 27th - medical exam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.