Brad and Vika

Flower Power

556 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Sorry, I almost failed to deny this shot from the top of the key.

Some one may lock it but it won't be Charles. He may appear, but not to enter the battle. Every time Charles posts that the sky is blue over the RUB forum, mox sends Ewok 10,000 email, reports, and a spreadsheet citing his lack of objectivity, short-sightedness, and obvious color blindness. The last email said taht Charles should be removed from the moderation team, vj, the entire internet, drawn and quartered, and each piece of him sent into the core of the sun. Not sure what the root is of the conflict, but it is so entertaining that I hope Ewok lets it go on forever :lol:

I think we are past the conflict at this point :) Soon it's going to turn to guns and pies, methinks. I doubt Ewok will chime in, this is nothing new to RUB forums even for me (and I haven't been here long)

To go back on your previous statements. Once you take an oath, you are not an immigrant anymore, you are a citizen, so they have to treat you like one.

First Amendment is a beautiful thing, and one of the many reasons I love this country.

I'll be honest, I do not have any other passports other than a U.S. Passport, simply because when I came here, I sorta severed all the ties with the country I had left. But I know many people who keep the passport, and to me, it's an oxymoron - taking an oath, yet retaining a passport of another country. Then again, who cares, we are in America :)

Also, I've been working here and paying taxes for about 10 years now, so if you think about it, every paycheck I invest a little bit into the well-being of this country (year, RIGHT, I know). I think it's the least anyone can do though, because in the end, the whole: live and let live is what I like about this place the most. (I know it's not quite like that, I'm not an idiot, but still)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline
The Oath:

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

What's not enforceable? What's weird?

How come I never had to take that oath? Alla thought the whole "raise your right hand" thing at the visa interview was posivitvely wierd (whisper) "Why am I raising my right hand?" quiet "But what is this for, is a a slaute, am I saluting George Bush?" quiet Alla

Sorry, I almost failed to deny this shot from the top of the key.

Some one may lock it but it won't be Charles. He may appear, but not to enter the battle. Every time Charles posts that the sky is blue over the RUB forum, mox sends Ewok 10,000 email, reports, and a spreadsheet citing his lack of objectivity, short-sightedness, and obvious color blindness. The last email said taht Charles should be removed from the moderation team, vj, the entire internet, drawn and quartered, and each piece of him sent into the core of the sun. Not sure what the root is of the conflict, but it is so entertaining that I hope Ewok lets it go on forever :lol:

:rofl:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

although the US government COULD force every new citizen to turn in their old passport as a condition of issuing a new American one. They COULD deport any immigrant that engages in what the government would define as anti-American activity. They COULD simply allow thugs spouting party propaganda to just beat the ####### out of any foreigner or immigrant (identified as such in their special-class new citizen passport) who protests or says anything negative about the President or our glorious motherland, or even looks like they belong somewhere else. Wait a minute..... that just doesn't sound like America - maybe it IS somewhere else?

And that's what was so surprising to me about the Oath. It sounded pretty much like swearing allegiance to The Party as opposed to welcoming folks to a new homeland full of opportunity. Not many other places in govt. do you see Uncle Sugar requiring people to make such dire pledges.

Dare I say if natural-born citizens were required to take such an oath, at say, 18, we'd have way fewer citizens and I'd probably be among them. I have no problem saying I'll support and defend the Constitution, obey lawful orders, etc., but to wilfully acknowledge that I'll work for the govt. in time of emergency as required by law? Sounds a little to close to a one-way ticket on the train to happy camp for me.

I seriously read through that Oath and wondered if my wife should be saying these things. Then I wondered if I'm obliged to them as well since I'm already a citizen.

Every time Charles posts that the sky is blue over the RUB forum, mox sends Ewok 10,000 email, reports, and a spreadsheet citing his lack of objectivity, short-sightedness, and obvious color blindness. The last email said taht Charles should be removed from the moderation team, vj, the entire internet, drawn and quartered, and each piece of him sent into the core of the sun. Not sure what the root is of the conflict, but it is so entertaining that I hope Ewok lets it go on forever :lol:

Much as I love him, mox is a little sensitive to certain things... and certain people. charles! is on his list.

In mox's defense, there was at least one serious issue where things on VJ jumped off the screen and entered his real life. Not cool at all. So, whenever you start to get that "mox is being kind of a b!tch" feeling, remember that he was forced to take this stuff a little more seriously than most of us, and not by his own choosing. Mox is good peoples, and I miss him when he's gone.

Keep in mind he is a little sensitive sometimes, but also keep in mind that if you treat him with respect he will return the favor. Also keep in mind he's an old fat bald guy who loves pie and is armed. 'Nuff said!

How come I never had to take that oath?

The scary thing is I can see our govt. trying to imply we're all under the same "protection" as naturalized citizens and therefore obligated to the same responsibilities. When they start talking that "you will do this" #######, I start to remember one of my favorite lines from a great movie -

"You call yourself a patriot? A loyal subject to the Crown?"

- "I don't call myself subject to much at all."

And just for good measure, from the same film...

"There is a war on. How is it you're heading west?"

- "Well, you face to the north, and real subtle-like, turn left."

Also, did you explain to Alla what used to be under her left hand when swearing an Oath?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Much as I love him, mox is a little sensitive to certain things... and certain people. charles! is on his list.

In mox's defense, there was at least one serious issue where things on VJ jumped off the screen and entered his real life. Not cool at all. So, whenever you start to get that "mox is being kind of a b!tch" feeling, remember that he was forced to take this stuff a little more seriously than most of us, and not by his own choosing. Mox is good peoples, and I miss him when he's gone.

Keep in mind he is a little sensitive sometimes, but also keep in mind that if you treat him with respect he will return the favor. Also keep in mind he's an old fat bald guy who loves pie and is armed. 'Nuff said!

True enough, but it does not detract one bit from the entertainment.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Mox is (was?) the forum drama queen. Always with the tirades, name calling and stirring trouble and provoking political battles. There was a time when he had a lot of followers and worshipers to back his play, but they have wandered off. Mox, like the "bad penny," tends to turn up just as you write him off. He will be back, for better or worse.

His visa journey is odd and, in my mind, dubious, and he keeps a lot of it a big secret which always made me wonder if he was playing games with the forum. What is real and what is bull?

He can have a charm but he also has a big shadow...shadow defined as things he hides, denies and represses about his journey.

I have taken on Mox many times and maybe I wore him down...but I doubt it. My advice about Mox's story-telling...take i ll with a grain of salt.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
The Oath:

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

What's not enforceable? What's weird?

I guess weird isn't the right word. The issue I have with it is that many natural born Americans wouldn't agree to it and don't uphold it.

As far as it not being enforced, I am referring to mandatory military service. There are many ways to avoid military service during a draft (going to Canada, shooting yourself in the foot, or claiming conscientious objector status) and some religions don't participate in the military. I'm asking why a refusal to perform military service is not punished by revoking citizenship. It sounds sort of ancient Greek to me, but also reasonable.

I don't have any problem with people who don't want to defend the US for any number of reasons. The US is far from spotless and not necessarily deserving of the praise it receives. However, if you don't want to defend it, I don't think you should be allowed to be a citizen of it.

Timeline
And that's what was so surprising to me about the Oath. It sounded pretty much like swearing allegiance to The Party as opposed to welcoming folks to a new homeland full of opportunity. Not many other places in govt. do you see Uncle Sugar requiring people to make such dire pledges.

Dare I say if natural-born citizens were required to take such an oath, at say, 18, we'd have way fewer citizens and I'd probably be among them. I have no problem saying I'll support and defend the Constitution, obey lawful orders, etc., but to wilfully acknowledge that I'll work for the govt. in time of emergency as required by law? Sounds a little to close to a one-way ticket on the train to happy camp for me.

I seriously read through that Oath and wondered if my wife should be saying these things. Then I wondered if I'm obliged to them as well since I'm already a citizen.

Also, did you explain to Alla what used to be under her left hand when swearing an Oath?

You know, I personally didn't care for the oath.....except for: So help me god...

I never understood what god had to do with government and why you have to swear on a bible... but it is how it is

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline
Oh sweetheart. Clean the sand out of your ####### and stop whining. Or don't, actually. Believe me, you do the opposite of wear me down and drive me away. You are in fact that hot farty smell beneath my wings. The fact that it just bugs the holy f*cking sh*t out of you that I don't share as many details about my relationship as other people here just makes me giggle like a school girl, so please do keep whining and flinging verbal word buggars because it's a constant source of amusement for me and others.

And by the way princess, when was the last time you actually contributed something besides "drama" to this forum? All I ever read is how much you f*cking hate your wife's country--poor girl, speaking of "shadows" I wonder if you accuse me so much of having an imaginary relationship because your own "wife" is actually imaginary at this point like anybody with a lick of sense would do after having realized what a bitter, twisted, misinformed, disrespectful little ingrate you are. I see a lot of nastiness in your posts, but I never see your name come up when it comes to immigration advice or supporting another member. Like the proverbial turtles, you're just nastiness all the way down. But again, please do keep it up because I do so enjoy pwning your gimpy little ego.

Oh hey Slim...I just traded my SR9 for an SR9C. *Sweet* gun, and much better for CC!

OMFG no waaaaaai, he's back!

Did the bald fat old woman say Hi to you from me? :)

Welcome back, man

Edited by Мартышк+Мартышка

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

*sighs*

I wish I had a hot, smelly fart beneath my wings...

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Timeline

Ah, so you're saying a silent fart is best for this. :P

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Timeline
I guess we are now adding farts to guns and pie?

I guess we can add this rule to the RUB boards bylaws: from page 13, we mix farts into a conversation

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
OMFG no waaaaaai, he's back!

Did the bald fat old woman say Hi to you from me? :)

Welcome back, man

I did and I was coming here to say hiya back, but lookey-lou, who is here?! Apparently I am not "teh evillllllll" as much as Mox. :)

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.