Libertarian

G-325a form

6 posts in this topic

My fiance lives in Russia and her signature is required in the G-325A form. Can she just scan or fax me the form or does the USIC require the original signature?

USCIS requires forms with original signatures so the best way to go is to have her download the form, fill it up herself, sign it and then mail it to you ^__^

Also, don't forget the Letter of Intent to marry requires original signatures too!

Edited by Fatima and Jim

F & J

I-130 / IR-5 TIMELINE (Petition for Mother)

2016/11/14 — I-130 sent via USPS Priority Mail Express 1-Day

2016/11/15 — I-130 delivered at 11:20 am in PHOENIX, AZ 85034 to BANK ONE, signed for by J LOPEZ; Priority Date  |  2016/11/17 Receipt Date

2016/11/18 I-797C Notice Date; USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Email, case routed to Nebraska Service Center  |  2016/11/21I-797C Postmark

2017/01/18 I-797 Approval Notice Date  |  2017/01/19I-797 Postmark  |  2017/01/23 I-797 Approval Notice hard copy received

The signature has to be original. If there's FedEx in Russia, just have your fiancee send to you the G-325A together with her passport-style photos.

Have a fast K1 Visa journey!

Hakuna matata.

FAE :luv:

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
My fiance lives in Russia and her signature is required in the G-325A form. Can she just scan or fax me the form or does the USIC require the original signature?

IF the G-325a is signed, it MUSt be an original signature. It is NOT necessary to sign the G-325a for foreign benficiaries. She can request to sign the form at the interview. If you choose this option, then attach a copy of this memo from the USCIS Director and attach a letter, or include a paragraph in your cover letter specifically requesting this.

That said, the fiancee letter of intent MUSt have an original signature and if she is going to be Fedex'ing one of those to you, then have her Fedex some signed, BLANK G-325a's for you to fill in.

See copy of the memo text below. A copy of the actual memo is posted in several threads on this website, search the forums and you will find it.

Interoffice Memorandum

To: SERVICE CENTER DIRECTORS

Acting Associate Director for Operations

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

Department of Homeland Security

Date: November 1, 2005

Re: Guidance for Processing Pending Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) when

G-325A for Petitioner and/or Beneficiary is not Signed and/or Photos not Submitted.

Purpose

To provide field offices with guidance on processing Form I-129F petitions when the accompanying G-325A is missing signatures and/or photographs.

A properly executed Form G-325A is required for all I-129F petitions. Previously it was standard practice to issue an RFE when the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to submit photographs. From the date of this memorandum, an RFE should not be issued in instances where the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to include photographs provided that the beneficiary is residing abroad. The beneficiary will be required to sign the Form G-325A and/or submit photographs at the time of visa issuance abroad. It is also not necessary to RFE for the petitioner’s signature on the G-325A, if the petitioner failed to sign it. The signature of the petitioner on the Form I-129F should be deemed sufficient for purposes of adjudicating the petition. Finally, it is important to note that the petitioner’s photograph is still required for the adjudication of the I-129F, so if it is missing, it must be requested prior to adjudication.

Questions regarding this memorandum may be directed through appropriate channels to Mica Pilz of Service Center Operations.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Thank you very much for replying. Letter of intent? She needs to fill out a letter of intent? I thought that was my only obligation?

USCIS requires forms with original signatures so the best way to go is to have her download the form, fill it up herself, sign it and then mail it to you ^__^

Also, don't forget the Letter of Intent to marry requires original signatures too!

Whoa.... you guys are freaking awesome!!!! I was assuming that it would be OK to have the copy of her signature. Good thing I asked first. I want to buy each one of you lunch.

Thank you!!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

See bold above. Unless "she" is fully competent in English, it's really best the USC download, fill out and email the form so she can print, sign and mail it back. As already mentioned, the foreign beneficiary can sign the form at the interview. Using that option, you type or write "will sign at Consulate" in the signature space.

As a practical matter, since the letter of intent needs an original signature, it's usually best to get both the LOI and G325a signed and mailed back.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.