Ken_Maria

Conditional resident status is extended for one year?

11 posts in this topic

Ok, we received the NOA with the following statements "conditional resident status is extended for one year" and "this extension and authorization for employment and travel does not apply to you if your conditional resident status has been terminated"... is it normal to have the conditional resident status extended instead of lifted?

There was also a note stating we would receive an additional notice for the biometrics which I understand.

Does this mean they extended the conditional status until the biometrics and interview is complete? I hope this does not mean we have to file again in a year.

Thanks

Ken & Maria

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Ok, we received the NOA with the following statements "conditional resident status is extended for one year" and "this extension and authorization for employment and travel does not apply to you if your conditional resident status has been terminated"... is it normal to have the conditional resident status extended instead of lifted?

There was also a note stating we would receive an additional notice for the biometrics which I understand.

Does this mean they extended the conditional status until the biometrics and interview is complete? I hope this does not mean we have to file again in a year.

Thanks

Ken & Maria

Yes, this is done while your I-751 is being processed to keep your legal status before you get your 10-year green card :) Don't worry!

F & J

I-130 / IR-5 TIMELINE (Petition for Mother)

2016/11/14 — I-130 sent via USPS Priority Mail Express 1-Day

2016/11/15 — I-130 delivered at 11:20 am in PHOENIX, AZ 85034 to BANK ONE, signed for by J LOPEZ; Priority Date  |  2016/11/17 Receipt Date

2016/11/18 I-797C Notice Date; USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Email, case routed to Nebraska Service Center  |  2016/11/21I-797C Postmark

2017/01/18 I-797 Approval Notice Date  |  2017/01/19I-797 Postmark  |  2017/01/23 I-797 Approval Notice hard copy received

Thanks

Ken & Maria

Normal procedure to get a one year extension. If you submitted adequate evidence you shouldn't have to have a interview and you'll get the 10 year GC in about 4 or 5 month Hawaiian time!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Thanks, guess we need to update our locationon our profile. We are in Little Rock now but not sure which USCIS they will send us to, Dallas or Memphis.

Ken & Maria

Timeline:

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks, guess we need to update our locationon our profile. We are in Little Rock now but not sure which USCIS they will send us to, Dallas or Memphis.

Ken & Maria

dependent on your zip code it would be Ft Smith or Memphis. I-751 interviews happen but are not all that common

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of....office_type=LO

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Yes (as others have said) - you'll want to keep this notice in a safe place. It's your temporary proof of legal presence in the US (while they process your case).

Also - If you're used to tracking your case online at USCIS - the receipt number on this notice you just received will not work. You will shortly receive your biometrics appointment notice; it too will have a unique Receipt Number. This is the number you may use on the USCIS site and/or if you need to call them.

Thanks, just out of town in Hawaii on business and Maria is on her way here for a short vacation. I did a quick search but obviously missed the recent post concerning the same subject. Thanks for everyone's help and comments.

Timeline:

Thanks

Ken & Maria

The extension letter means that USCIS received your ROC petition. They have not made a decision since they take a long time to get to your petition. In the meantime, you get this extension so you can go on with your life in the US without being illegal.

Then, as you stated, you will receive a biometrics letter and then after that a period of silence which usually lasts 2-5months depending on which service center you sent you application to. When they review your application, then they will send you an approval letter followed by the 10-year GC.

So yes, in short, you will not have to file again in a year unless you want to apply for citizenship, then you are eligible to file in a year (based on a marriage and being a resident for 3 years).

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Yes (as others have said) - you'll want to keep this notice in a safe place. It's your temporary proof of legal presence in the US (while they process your case).

Also - If you're used to tracking your case online at USCIS - the receipt number on this notice you just received will not work. You will shortly receive your biometrics appointment notice; it too will have a unique Receipt Number. This is the number you may use on the USCIS site and/or if you need to call them.

Good point!

You can't get ANY info on your case until you get the number that comes with the biometric appointment letter.The number that comes with the extension letter is worthless.

USCIS can't even use it. :bonk:

WHY they do this is way beyond me.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

sometimes even with the biometric # you wont see farther process other then they recievd your case ,

like my case for example I send it nov 25 , had my bio Dec 21 , but online status still says ,

Initial Review

On December 1, 2009, we received this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

even the Dec 1 is a wrong date they cashed my check before that ,so see blah blah blah

Edited by Lona.C.

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.