ITALO

I751 QUESTION! PLEASE HELP!

29 posts in this topic

hello guys,

I am a green card holder. got it thru my wife. my green card expires tomorrow. 01/28/10. i had to file the i-751 within 3 months before my gc expires. am i right? i had to file i751 right on the beginning of these 3 months. but i was travelling around the country for the first 2 months. and only had time to send all the papers to VSC on january 7th. delivery confirmation on usps showed me that they got it by the january 8th. soo here comes my drama. my GC expires tomorrow and i havnt received NOTHING back from them. no receitps no NOA no NOTHING. i called the 1-800# and they said i had to wait 30 days. What should i do? wait the 30 days? contact a lawyer? thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You put yourself in a BAD BAD situation!!! You can't expect that by you filing on January 7th that you would have a response by now. That si way to much to ask for. I suggest you consult a good immigration attorney and just sit tight. You may have just screwed your ENTIRE case. You will be out of status tomorow, and now You may have to start from scratch AGAIN, and/or go back to your home country.

AOS Process

May 29th 2008- AOS/EAD/I-130 Sent to Chicaogo Lock Box sent via Overnight Delivery

June 6th - Both checks cashed!!

June 25th - Biometrics appointment

Sept. 19th - Card Production Ordered! (113 days since filing)

Sept. 25th - EAD Received!!!

Dec. 5th 2008 - Received appointment letter

Feb. 4th 2009 - AOS Interview (Interviewer says going to recommend for approval)

May 15th- called and talked to an officer to submit a service request

June 10th- Made an infopass appointment,

June 15th- Info pass appointment, told me they could do nothing until the officer made their decision!

June 27 - Filed for I-131 as well as renewal of my work authorization.

July 23rd- Received I-131

Dec 22, 2009 - Biometrics appointment yet again.

January 21, 2010 Second interview

January 22nd - I-485 Touched

January 27th - Received a Request for additonal evidence.

May 27 I-485 Approved

June 13th 2010 - Green card received!

Try to remain calm - you filed within the time you were supposed to - you just have not received your NOA1 (which will include your proof of 1-year extension). You know they have it so as long as it is not rejected (which I would think they would have done so by now if they were going to) you should be OK. It can take a couple of weeks to get your NOA/receipt. Obviously you do not want to leave the country in the mean time.

For now - there is no reason to panic.

** Topic is "Removing Conditions" related; moving thread there.

Edited by Otto und Karin

You put yourself in a BAD BAD situation!!! You can't expect that by you filing on January 7th that you would have a response by now. That si way to much to ask for. I suggest you consult a good immigration attorney and just sit tight. You may have just screwed your ENTIRE case. You will be out of status tomorow, and now You may have to start from scratch AGAIN, and/or go back to your home country.

There is nothing in what the OP wrote that would warrant panicking or starting over (much less returning to their home country). The I-751 was filed within the correct time-frame - they just have not received their extension letter yet - doesn't mean the status has not been extended.

Just wait for your extension letter. If you don't get it within 30 days call again and do a service request.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Try to remain calm - you filed within the time you were supposed to - you just have not received your NOA1 (which will include your proof of 1-year extension). You know they have it so as long as it is not rejected (which I would think they would have done so by now if they were going to) you should be OK. It can take a couple of weeks to get your NOA/receipt. Obviously you do not want to leave the country in the mean time.

For now - there is no reason to panic.

** Topic is "Removing Conditions" related; moving thread there.

YES thats how i look at it. even tho i filled a bit late....but in time, 20 days before the limit. i work as a trucker for the american redcross and got stuck up in alaska for about a month and a half. but yeah ill just sit tight until complete the 30 days. thank you very much.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
YES thats how i look at it. even tho i filled a bit late....but in time, 20 days before the limit. i work as a trucker for the american redcross and got stuck up in alaska for about a month and a half. but yeah ill just sit tight until complete the 30 days. thank you very much.

Why don't you join January Filers thread? http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...0&start=150

You can compare to other filers' timeline. It looks January is bit slow moving...

I am 25 yrs old. been living here in the U.S since i was 14. i have an american wife and a lil baby on the way. i work for the american redcross and got stuck in a mission in alaska for over a month and a half. didnt file the papers a lil later than expected cuz i wanted to. i was working i cant just leave work and go my thing. i filled the papers a lil late BUT in the RIGHT time frame. so going back to my country or starting it from the scratch just doesnt make any sense to me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

This is unnecessarily alarmist.

You have proof it was received. Hold tight to that for now. Just hope it was the right place.

You are in a bit of trouble because you have nothing to PROVE it in case you are "caught by immigration". You really should have started earlier but I'm sure you're aware of that by now.

Here is a thread with someone else in your situation (a while back): http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=195947 in which they suggest making an infopass appointment (https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php)

...even tho i filled a bit late....

By the way - you did not file late in any way. Filing late, in your case, means if you file (or they receive) on Friday (Jan 29, or after business hours the 28th I suppose).

You MAY file as soon as 90-days before the PR/Green Card expires (meaning no sooner than), but MUST file no later than when it expires (meaning THIS IS the deadline); you filed 20 days (or so) before your card's expiration date. Obviously no one should try to beat the buzzer by filing on/near the expiration date, but they can and would be fine (so long as its received/accepted/dated on or before).

By the way - you did not file late in any way. Filing late, in your case, means if you file (or they receive) on Friday (Jan 29, or after business hours the 28th I suppose).

You MAY file as soon as 90-days before the PR/Green Card expires (meaning no sooner than), but MUST file no later than when it expires (meaning THIS IS the deadline); you filed 20 days (or so) before your card's expiration date. Obviously no one should try to beat the buzzer by filing on/near the expiration date, but they can and would be fine (so long as its received/accepted/dated on or before).

OTTO thanks a lot for you answer!!! big relief for me! really appreciate the positive vibe!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow - talk about scaring the poop out of someone for probably no good reason - why would you say all this? He filed within the time frame and has confirmation from UPS that the packet was rec'd - and you make it sound like he's done something terribly wrong. Do you work for an immigration lawyer? Why would he need one right now? Shame on you.

Edited by karenkaye

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Wow - talk about scaring the poop out of someone for probably no good reason - why would you say all this? He filed within the time frame and has confirmation from UPS that the packet was rec'd - and you make it sound like he's done something terribly wrong. Do you work for an immigration lawyer? Why would he need one right now? Shame on you.

Ditto what KarenKaye just said.

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi Italo,

did you send in a Money Order or a check? If you sent a check, you can see if it was cashed already from you bank.

If it was, they accepted your petition and you just need to wait for your NOA or biometrics appointment :thumbs:

05/12/04 => Arrived in the US under L1 status / work visa

03/05/05 => Met the love of my life

07/02/07 => Married my wonderful USC husband

______AOS JOURNEY________________________________

10/03/08 => Package sent to USCIS

03/03/09 => Interview in Chicago, IL =>> APPROVED!

______REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY______________

12/03/10 => Package sent to California service center

03/02/11 => 10 YR GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!

______CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY_________________________

01/20/12 => Filed N-400 for Citizenship

06/21/12 => Citizenship interview: Approved!

07/25/12 => Oath Ceremony.. DONE WITH USCIS!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.