GuardianAngel

CEBU CFO

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I arrived at St. Mary's Center for Overseas at 9:30 AM. I immediately reached for the door and approached the person-in-charge. She asked me to fill-out the CFO form and asked for my birth certificate and my fiance's, I explained to them that my fiance is still very young (early 20s), thus, I cannot provide them his Certificate of singleness, fortunately, they accepted my reason. I was then informed that the session started already and I was 15min late, but gladly, they still allowed me to participate. As soon as I entered the door, I greeted the nun and politely said sorry for my late arrival. She just smiled and continued with the discussion.

Basically, its was a mixture of people leaving for different countries like Denmark, Australia, Canada, Japan, and only 7 of us were leaving for the US.

The discussion was light, I was even amazed that we didn't have the film showing. We were just told about some stuff regarding relationships and likewise, things to expect in the US. We were also given a brief introduction about the departure procedures as well as the immigration concerns and issues.

At 1:00PM, we started waiting for our names to be called for the one-on-one counselling. I was called at 4PM and the nun just asked basic questions about our relationship. I got my certificate of participation almost 5PM. I still have to go back to the CFO office tomorrow for the sticker.

Our names were called by group. The participants who will be going to the US were interviewed first. We were thinking US participants could finish the seminar early but we got it all wrong because every session lasted for almost an hour depending on the issues and concerns being raised.

Some participants were so disappointed because they were asked to bring along their parents the following day, for the marriage consent, most of them were 19-21 yrs old married/engaged to 40ish -50ish partners. There were some who weren't given the certificate because they didn't know the address of their fiances, their numbers, as well as their job information.

My advice: Just be prepared with the necessary documents and try to entertain the nun with your love stories so she can give you the certificate. Although we can consider this process as an "accessory" but we have to face it, without the certificate, we wont be given the sticker, and without the sticker, we wont be allowed to depart the country..

GuardianAngel

I-129F Sent : July 23, 2009
Check Cashed : July 29, 2009
NOA1 : July 28, 2009
NOA2 : October 21, 2009
Left NVC : October 28, 2009
USEM Letter Received : November 12, 2009
Medical Passed : December 15/16, 2009
Interview Passed : January 19, 2010
Visa Received : January 26, 2010 12:30pm
Arrived in the US : February 3, 2010
POE: Seattle, Tacoma WA

Wedding : March 20, 2010

AOS
Submission of AOS application
I485, I131, and I765 : May 02, 2010
Receipt Notice Received : May 06, 2010
Check Cashed : May 07, 2010
Biometrics Appointment : May 24, 2010
Card Production Ordered EAD: July 12, 2010
Advance Parole (Touched - Post Decision Activity): July 12, 2010
EAD Card Received : July 22, 2010
AP Document Received : July 15, 2010
Passed Drivers Test : October 5, 2010
Hired (First Job in the US) September 27, 2010
AOS Interview : January 05, 2011
Welcome Letter and Green card received: January 11, 2011

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
Card Expiration: January 5, 2013
I-751 Joint Petition Rcvd by USCIS: October 25, 2012
Check Cashed : October 29, 2012
Biometrics NOA : October 31, 2012
Biometrics Appointment : November 23, 2012

Approved: May 22, 2013

Timeline

hello thanks for sharing your CFO experience in CEBU, by the way may i know the exact location of place where you attended the seminar?

my friend is planning to have her CFO SEMINAR in CEBU? are there hotels nearest on that place too?

thanks ANd GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!

"Patience is the greatest of all virtues"

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So they asked you for a certificate of singleness for the USC on a K1 Visa?? :huh: I wish someone would tell those nuns that such a document is not produced here in the US and is only supposed to be required on marriages in the Philippines.

~Johnny~

So they asked you for a certificate of singleness for the USC on a K1 Visa?? :huh: I wish someone would tell those nuns that such a document is not produced here in the US and is only supposed to be required on marriages in the Philippines.

LOL. My wife said her reply was," You do not know your job? You must be new here." This was in Manila though.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
hello thanks for sharing your CFO experience in CEBU, by the way may i know the exact location of place where you attended the seminar?

my friend is planning to have her CFO SEMINAR in CEBU? are there hotels nearest on that place too?

I live in Cebu so it was just easy for me to drive myself to the seminar but for those who are still planning to have their seminar:

1) The location of the center is at MANGO AVE - just in front of the University of San Carlos Boys High, Near the Iglesia ni Cristo Church. IF you will be riding a cab, just mention the landmarks to the driver can take you to the right place. I don't know whats the puj code in going there though, but if you are staying near the place its best to just take a cab or walk.. consider it an exercise.

2) The CFO seminar in Cebu usually takes 7-8 hours average. However, if you are lucky to be given counselling first, then you will still have time to go to the CFO office... I guess its best to just book 2 days of hotel accommodation.

3) Search the internet for hotels NEAR the Fuente Osmena Circle. Some of the hotels that I know of are Midtown Hotel, Elegant Circle Inn, Palladium Suites, Mango Park Hotel..

I was wondering myself, why is there a need to provide the certificate? but it was only when I listened to the nun's explanation that I was able to understand. SOME FOREIGNER PARTNERS claim to be single in the Philippines when they have already petitioned lots of women in the past whom they treated unfavorably. The CFO has a master list of all the people taking up the seminar along with the names of their petitioner, once the name of the petitioner is repeated having the same purpose of filing for a visa, the computer captures it and will give them a red flag. The certificate of singleness will serve as proof so that if situations like this will arise, CFO can always show the affidavit/certificate sworn upon by the foreigner fiance/fiancee. This will only happen in 1 out of a 100 cases though but its their job to check. As what they say, "we are only protecting the welfare of our people so they won't fall into a TRAP OF BOILING WATER."

GuardianAngel

I-129F Sent : July 23, 2009
Check Cashed : July 29, 2009
NOA1 : July 28, 2009
NOA2 : October 21, 2009
Left NVC : October 28, 2009
USEM Letter Received : November 12, 2009
Medical Passed : December 15/16, 2009
Interview Passed : January 19, 2010
Visa Received : January 26, 2010 12:30pm
Arrived in the US : February 3, 2010
POE: Seattle, Tacoma WA

Wedding : March 20, 2010

AOS
Submission of AOS application
I485, I131, and I765 : May 02, 2010
Receipt Notice Received : May 06, 2010
Check Cashed : May 07, 2010
Biometrics Appointment : May 24, 2010
Card Production Ordered EAD: July 12, 2010
Advance Parole (Touched - Post Decision Activity): July 12, 2010
EAD Card Received : July 22, 2010
AP Document Received : July 15, 2010
Passed Drivers Test : October 5, 2010
Hired (First Job in the US) September 27, 2010
AOS Interview : January 05, 2011
Welcome Letter and Green card received: January 11, 2011

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
Card Expiration: January 5, 2013
I-751 Joint Petition Rcvd by USCIS: October 25, 2012
Check Cashed : October 29, 2012
Biometrics NOA : October 31, 2012
Biometrics Appointment : November 23, 2012

Approved: May 22, 2013

I arrived at St. Mary's Center for Overseas at 9:30 AM. I immediately reached for the door and approached the person-in-charge. She asked me to fill-out the CFO form and asked for my birth certificate and my fiance's, I explained to them that my fiance is still very young (early 20s), thus, I cannot provide them his Certificate of singleness, fortunately, they accepted my reason. I was then informed that the session started already and I was 15min late, but gladly, they still allowed me to participate. As soon as I entered the door, I greeted the nun and politely said sorry for my late arrival. She just smiled and continued with the discussion.

Basically, its was a mixture of people leaving for different countries like Denmark, Australia, Canada, Japan, and only 7 of us were leaving for the US.

The discussion was light, I was even amazed that we didn't have the film showing. We were just told about some stuff regarding relationships and likewise, things to expect in the US. We were also given a brief introduction about the departure procedures as well as the immigration concerns and issues.

At 1:00PM, we started waiting for our names to be called for the one-on-one counselling. I was called at 4PM and the nun just asked basic questions about our relationship. I got my certificate of participation almost 5PM. I still have to go back to the CFO office tomorrow for the sticker.

Our names were called by group. The participants who will be going to the US were interviewed first. We were thinking US participants could finish the seminar early but we got it all wrong because every session lasted for almost an hour depending on the issues and concerns being raised.

Some participants were so disappointed because they were asked to bring along their parents the following day, for the marriage consent, most of them were 19-21 yrs old married/engaged to 40ish -50ish partners. There were some who weren't given the certificate because they didn't know the address of their fiances, their numbers, as well as their job information.

My advice: Just be prepared with the necessary documents and try to entertain the nun with your love stories so she can give you the certificate. Although we can consider this process as an "accessory" but we have to face it, without the certificate, we wont be given the sticker, and without the sticker, we wont be allowed to depart the country..

I'm sorry to see there are still some nuns at St Mary's that ask for a certificate of singleness for the petitioner. There's no such thing in the US like there is [CENOMAR] in PI.

You are lucky they let you take the seminar.

Happened to a friend of mine a couple years ago causing her to miss her flight because a nun wouldn't allow her to take the seminar without a proof of singleness for the petitioner.

She went back a few days later and the nun she got didn't ask for anything that time.

I've never seen anyone that didn't eventually get the CFO sticker tho. They just had to go thru a lot of unnecessary BS to get it.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Oh so my friends are right about taking the CFO seminar in Cebu. I am glad I had time to do it in Manila without wasting one whole day for it. Tsk, tsk...

Anyway, congratulations!

Hakuna matata.

God bless us constantly.

FAE :luv:

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Wow a whole day seminar...I only had it for 2 hours in Manila...30 mins of it was introducing yourself to other applicants and 30 mins was spent by fixing the microphone LOL. The actual discussion was so boring. I hope the PRISM will improve it co'z the seminar is really not worth for the money we paid for them. :mellow:

ZlYHm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Nice Rundown, but what did you learn?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Nice Rundown, but what did you learn?

This is more like a rhetorical question that's phrased differently, Darnell. :lol:

FAE :luv:

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Mango Park Hotel, Midtown Hotel, Century Park.

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

I don't mind for the whole day CFO seminar in Cebu. They are actually helping you to understand more what you are getting into and what you need to do incase of problems like abuse will happen once you're here. You just have to bring the documents needed.

Wow a whole day seminar...I only had it for 2 hours in Manila...30 mins of it was introducing yourself to other applicants and 30 mins was spent by fixing the microphone LOL. The actual discussion was so boring. I hope the PRISM will improve it co'z the seminar is really not worth for the money we paid for them. :mellow:
Edited by Mike's Lucy

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.