c-dog

Special envelopes for IMBRA RFEs?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I'm worried that the envelope i sent back my IMBRA RFE in will be put in the "common correspondence" pile or whatever it is at the service center, and not opened right away like it should be. On the uscis website and

on the phone I heard that RFEs (though they don't mention specifically IMBRA RFEs) come with a special envelope for returning them in. I didn't get a special envelope with mine, so my question is, did anyone

else?

Also, if anyone sent an IMBRA RFE to the California service center in a regular envelope like I did, how long did it take them to send you a confirmation that they got it (whether through the cis website, e-mail, or post)?

Anything any of you could tell me on this subject would be great, thanks.

I didn't get a special envelope with mine. Have'nt of anyone else getting one either.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

no one got special envelopes.. unless they were invisible... then ..well they would be special

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

The "special envelope" should actually just be any envelope with the words "Request For Evidence: IMBRA Response" or something like that written somewhere on it. Thats what I plan to do if and when I get my RFE.

Meh, nothing to see here.

i didnt get a special envelope enclosed in the RFE. you may want to take zethris' suggestion into consideration

04-24-09 I-130 Application received by USCIS

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

08-27-09 Case Number Assigned

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The "special envelope" should actually just be any envelope with the words "Request For Evidence: IMBRA Response" or something like that written somewhere on it. Thats what I plan to do if and when I get my RFE.

I agree with you I wrote RFE RESPONSE on my second RFE and it was confirmed delivered.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

don't worry - they open the mail to direct it.

I think the website says somewhere that you can indicate on the envelope what it is, for ease, ie. IMBRA RFE or RFE RESPONSE, but I am sure most people don't read websites etc and don't do that and their things get moved along just fine.

then again, even though I TOLD the boy to write IMBRA RFE on the envelope, he probably didn't. We had a 2 week wait between mailing it and getting our response, so perhaps we were put in a pile, but hey, we got the response in the end, didn't get lost, so, there you go!

Edited by hockeygal

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Right, well, thanks everyone. It worked out alright even though I didn't write anything on the envelope. They sent me an e-mail saying they got it today. Took about 2 weeks.

Good to know! Better later than never, right? Heh.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

They did send envelopes with the RFE, to some people. I didn't get it so I just mailed it overnight with USPS... normal envelope and I forgot to tell Dave to write "RFE RESPONSE" on it. :huh:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.