SunDrop

POE stamp date wrong

9 posts in this topic

Hiya

Just putting the finishing touches on my evidence for our petition and discovered that my entry stamp is 2 days earlier than I actually arrived. Found this thread discussing it and posted my question at the end, but realise now that it looks just like a response rather than another question, so I'm reposting :)

Just getting our petition package together (the fiance's totally useless at paperwork! lol) and wondered what you did with this in the end coz I have the same situation.

I've put both my passport stamp with the incorrect date and the itinerary, boarding pass and luggage tag showing the correct date. The passport stamp is printed onto a page with a list of all the evidence for that trip and I highlighted the fact that the date of entry is incorrect but that the other evidence shows the correct date.

My problem with not including the stamp is that 2 other accurate POE stamps are on the same page, so I'm including them already in my other evidence.

We didn't actually take any photos of us together during that trip (nuts, considering we were together 6 weeks! lol) but we did travel to NH and back for a week, and I have our itinerary and matching boarding passes for that trip. I haven't included them because I thought it might confuse matters, but I'm curious of what I should include now that I've got this discrepancy with the POE date and my other evidence.

So my options are:

1) Just submit my POE stamp, minus the itinerary, boarding passes and luggage tags

2) Just submit my POE stamp, minus the UK-US return itinerary, boarding passes and tags but include the NH trip evidence showing both our names.

3) Submit all my POE stamp and UK-US evidence, but highlight the inaccuracy.

Many thanks!

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Hiya

Just putting the finishing touches on my evidence for our petition and discovered that my entry stamp is 2 days earlier than I actually arrived. Found this thread discussing it and posted my question at the end, but realise now that it looks just like a response rather than another question, so I'm reposting :)

Just getting our petition package together (the fiance's totally useless at paperwork! lol) and wondered what you did with this in the end coz I have the same situation.

I've put both my passport stamp with the incorrect date and the itinerary, boarding pass and luggage tag showing the correct date. The passport stamp is printed onto a page with a list of all the evidence for that trip and I highlighted the fact that the date of entry is incorrect but that the other evidence shows the correct date.

My problem with not including the stamp is that 2 other accurate POE stamps are on the same page, so I'm including them already in my other evidence.

We didn't actually take any photos of us together during that trip (nuts, considering we were together 6 weeks! lol) but we did travel to NH and back for a week, and I have our itinerary and matching boarding passes for that trip. I haven't included them because I thought it might confuse matters, but I'm curious of what I should include now that I've got this discrepancy with the POE date and my other evidence.

So my options are:

1) Just submit my POE stamp, minus the itinerary, boarding passes and luggage tags

2) Just submit my POE stamp, minus the UK-US return itinerary, boarding passes and tags but include the NH trip evidence showing both our names.

3) Submit all my POE stamp and UK-US evidence, but highlight the inaccuracy.

Many thanks!

Send in everything and attach a letter decribing everything just as you have to us. They are just like us and will rationalize it out with your help.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Timeline

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

+1

You mean option 1? lol :confused:

I've just mailed it off to the fella, so I'll have to call him to get him to change it up and take out the other evidence.

Won't it look wierd when there's so much for the other 4 trips I've made? I'll have nothing to show I was actually in Tucson, unless I use the NH trip showing us both leaving and returning there for the week.

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Send in everything and attach a letter decribing everything just as you have to us. They are just like us and will rationalize it out with your help.

What I sent, which is changeable, looked like this:

Evidence of Meeting

23 July - 31 August 2009

Letitia visits David in Tucson

- POE stamp issued in Dallas, Forth Worth showing
incorrect
date of 21 July 2009

- Boarding pass
correctly
dated 23 July for London - Dallas

- Luggage tag for London - Tucson flight
correctly
dated 23 July

- Boarding pass Dallas - London - 31 August 2009

- Luggage tag for Tucson - London - 31 August 2009

And then a colour scan of the passport page with the entry stamp

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

+1 Seperate letter to cover the discrepancy.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

+1 Seperate letter to cover the discrepancy.

Will do. Should I include the bumpf from the NH trip?

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

It's not a biggie. The idiots at the POE stamped my husband's CR1 with an I-551 stamp saying we entered the US a day before we actually did. We didn't discover this discrepancy until we filed for lifting conditions, and we decided to go with the date on his green card over the actual day we know we entered because it was just too much hassle to argue with USCIS over this point. Since it took under two months to lift conditions, we figure it was a non-issue.

Just highlight the discrepancy. Include the NH stuff if you feel it helps.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We never put in any passport stamps, just expedia.com airline receipts for the tickets and baggage thingies and one picture of us. Dont forget a picture of some sort.

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.