boy1980

Question about Interview docs

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi VJER's

We submitted our original docs (Marriage certificate, Police ceritificates etc) to NVC, and we now have only copies of these docs.

My question is,

During interview, will consulate officer again asks for these originals? My assumption is "NO". But still have this thing in my mind since NVC is in USA & our consulate is in India.

Please advice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

NVC will send the documents to the Embassy in India by the time of the interview. Then the Consul will give back to you all the originals.

CR-1 Journey - California Service Center

I-130 timeline:
I-130 NOA1 - 05th Nov, 2009
I-130 NOA2 - 10th February, 2010 Yay!!!!
"Your I-130 was approved in 97 days from your NOA1 date."

NVC Journey:
02-16-2010: NVC Case # Assigned
03-31-2010: Case Complete!!
04-12-2010: Interview date assigned by NVC.
05-11-2010: Medical appointment in Rio

05-13-2010: Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!

06-02-2010: POE in Washington DC - Finally home!

July 30, 2010 - Received the Green Card after receiving 4 welcome letters! USCIS see ya later!

2 YEARS LATER......

03-02-2012: Elegible to lift conditions
06-02-2012: Temporary GC expires

12-20-2012: Permanent GC received

6 MONTHS LATER......

06/03/2013: n400 Filled

10/22/2013: Citizenship test and oath ceremony

I was asked for Originals during my interview despite the fact that we submitted all originals to NVC.

Play safe, get certified or original copies again from the corresponding gov't agencies involved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Usually, the consulate will have all the originals that you sent to NVC... they should send you a form once the interview is assigned and it indicates the documents that they have and ones they need... But if possible, it is always good to have another copy just in case

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline
I was asked for Originals during my interview despite the fact that we submitted all originals to NVC.

Play safe, get certified or original copies again from the corresponding gov't agencies involved.

Hi chinese_mutt,

What was your consulate?

Timeline
Usually, the consulate will have all the originals that you sent to NVC... they should send you a form once the interview is assigned and it indicates the documents that they have and ones they need... But if possible, it is always good to have another copy just in case

Thanks christeen,

We do have copies(not originals) of all the original docs we submitted to NVC. However, will it be OK to request(call or email) NVC to send all original docs to consulate?

Any person who had such experience with chennai consulate,India. please share your experiences.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Thanks christeen,

We do have copies(not originals) of all the original docs we submitted to NVC. However, will it be OK to request(call or email) NVC to send all original docs to consulate?

Any person who had such experience with chennai consulate,India. please share your experiences.

Generally, they get sent to the consulate by NVC, no special request necessary...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Generally, they get sent to the consulate by NVC, no special request necessary...

where do the orig copies sent to uscis goes, nvc. then, i assume nvc sends orig to consul. my wife was asking me to get orig back so how do i obtain the orig from cis and nvc.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

You'll get everything back in a sealed package at your interview.

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.