svom082809

Possible NOA2 of 129F delay

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi all K-3/I130 filers!

It looks like we might be having delay in our case. I followed the messages of other couples with similar processing dates and it looks like almost everyone who got NOA1 of 129F between September 15 and 29 has already received NOA2. I am just wondering if I need to begin to really worry.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi all K-3/I130 filers!

It looks like we might be having delay in our case. I followed the messages of other couples with similar processing dates and it looks like almost everyone who got NOA1 of 129F between September 15 and 29 has already received NOA2. I am just wondering if I need to begin to really worry.

No. If there isa problem, other than the usual waiting in line, they will let you know. Best bet is not to compare yourself to other people. You are going through Kiev. That means you do not have to wait for packet 3 to be sent and you do not have to send anything back. Get ALL your documents ready for the interview NOW, wait on the I-134 until closer to the interview but you can begin preparing it. Are your 2009 taxes done? Get them done ASAP.

As soon as your case hits the consulate you can make an appointment for an interview and make up tons of time while other people wait for packet 3s to be mailed and returned. IF you are prepared and ready. Get off that silly website, get your documents ready and wait until the NOA2 is in the mailbox.

Incidentlaly my wife has been here more than 18 months and the USCIS website tells me our petition is in "intital review" :blink:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
No. If there isa problem, other than the usual waiting in line, they will let you know. Best bet is not to compare yourself to other people. You are going through Kiev. That means you do not have to wait for packet 3 to be sent and you do not have to send anything back. Get ALL your documents ready for the interview NOW, wait on the I-134 until closer to the interview but you can begin preparing it. Are your 2009 taxes done? Get them done ASAP.

As soon as your case hits the consulate you can make an appointment for an interview and make up tons of time while other people wait for packet 3s to be mailed and returned. IF you are prepared and ready. Get off that silly website, get your documents ready and wait until the NOA2 is in the mailbox.

Incidentlaly my wife has been here more than 18 months and the USCIS website tells me our petition is in "intital review" :blink:

Hello Gary and Alla!

Congrats with your journey closure! thank you for responding to my post. Unfortunately, my case is not that common. we have applied for K-1 visa last years february, had an interview in june. but, my now wife, never received "yes" or "no" at the interview. the inspector was very rude and scrutinized her a lot, because perhaps that i applied for k-1 before 3 years ago for other person, so perhaps i deserved it for making a mistake before. but unfortunately my wife had to pay for it. it was aweful experience for her, pretty traumatic. anyway! only after i e-mailed kiev consulate they indicated that our papers were sent back to local CSC USCIS for administrative processing. we waited some, but in august i received a note stating that original k-1 NOA2 had been expired asking me to re-apply. we were never given the reason why there was a delay. if they would've said "no" at the interview at least we'd now the reasons. and why they didn't inform us about any problems at CSC when i applied for k-1, the approval came very fast. Oh well! But we've decided last january, prior to starting the process, to get married in august of 2009 anyway, regardless place, ukraine or US, so we did so in ukraine. now i am just worried that k-1 delay residual will have some effect on our current case. therefore, i wanted to know about timelines of other people. believe me i understand how silly it is to compare my case with others, just simply wanted to prepare for anything they tell us next. it has been almost 13 months since we started the process... as far as papers go, we had everything in place - all papers you can imagine and more. i also understand the importance of getting everything ready in advance. i am just hoping that the reason for delay was the fact that i only new my wife 6 months at the time of interview or 2.5 months at the time of applying for k-1. now everything is different with us, we are family, so i hope it works out soon...

thank you for reading.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You referring to her as your wife? Please tell me you didn't file for a K-1 for your WIFE. Those are for fiancees.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline
Hello Gary and Alla!

Congrats with your journey closure! thank you for responding to my post. Unfortunately, my case is not that common. we have applied for K-1 visa last years february, had an interview in june. but, my now wife, never received "yes" or "no" at the interview. the inspector was very rude and scrutinized her a lot, because perhaps that i applied for k-1 before 3 years ago for other person, so perhaps i deserved it for making a mistake before. but unfortunately my wife had to pay for it. it was aweful experience for her, pretty traumatic. anyway! only after i e-mailed kiev consulate they indicated that our papers were sent back to local CSC USCIS for administrative processing. we waited some, but in august i received a note stating that original k-1 NOA2 had been expired asking me to re-apply. we were never given the reason why there was a delay. if they would've said "no" at the interview at least we'd now the reasons. and why they didn't inform us about any problems at CSC when i applied for k-1, the approval came very fast. Oh well! But we've decided last january, prior to starting the process, to get married in august of 2009 anyway, regardless place, ukraine or US, so we did so in ukraine. now i am just worried that k-1 delay residual will have some effect on our current case. therefore, i wanted to know about timelines of other people. believe me i understand how silly it is to compare my case with others, just simply wanted to prepare for anything they tell us next. it has been almost 13 months since we started the process... as far as papers go, we had everything in place - all papers you can imagine and more. i also understand the importance of getting everything ready in advance. i am just hoping that the reason for delay was the fact that i only new my wife 6 months at the time of interview or 2.5 months at the time of applying for k-1. now everything is different with us, we are family, so i hope it works out soon...

thank you for reading.

You got to be kidding me. Of course I am applying for k-3 and i130 now!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

They seem to be going through the September filers now so yours should come soon.

Good luck.

I don't know I thought you applied for a K-1. This is what happens when you read too many threads at one time.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.