Team J and B

Which Forums Do You Like to Check Out?

90 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Who doesn't?

I assume I do...though I would have to be awake to know. Or be told. If I'm not told I fart in my sleep, does it mean that I don't? If a tree farts in the forest, does it ever smell?

Epic lols.

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 06/16/2010

Chicago Lockbox received: 06/18/2010

Received e-mail notification from Chicago Lockbox: 06/24/2010

Hard copy NOA1 received: 06/28/2010

Touch!: 06/28/2010

Received biometrics letter in the mail: 07/16/2010

Attempted walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- DENIED: 07/16/2010

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

EAD card production ordered!: 08/09/2010

AP approved!: 08/09/2010

2nd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/12/2010

AP arrived!: 08/16/2010

3rd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/16/2010

EAD arrived!: 08/19/2010

Received interview letter in the mail: 09/13/2010

Green card interview -- APPROVED!: 10/15/2010

Green card received: 10/25/2010

The whole AOS process took almost exactly 4 months ... not too shabby!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually try and stay off the CSC September thread since a lot of them are so negative and mean to each other when one gets a step ahead. I don't think that's right or fair. One of them cruises the Canada forums so I'm sure I'll get blasted for saying that, but it's the honest to gods truth.

That is the EXACT reason I stopped posting in there. No worries, though. You definitely won't get blasted from me, because I tend to stay away from it now, too. There's just way too much negativity. (Not to mention.. I feel bad that there are still people waiting for NOA2...)

Other than that, I'll help a bit in the K1 forum, and I've ventured into the September Filers/VSC-Overtaken forum post (hahaha) but I'm here mostly. I like you guys and girls. I want to bake you all cookies for putting up with my silly questions for the last few months, lol. :dance:

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok that is something I have never ever understood, why people get their noses out of joint when someone else has their petition approved out of order, before another, or gets an interview before another - don't get that at all.

This isn't cookie cutter, this is immigration - so you can't even really blame USICS/DOS for that.

But to be so mean as to rain on anothers immigration parade? No idea.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
That is the EXACT reason I stopped posting in there. No worries, though. You definitely won't get blasted from me, because I tend to stay away from it now, too. There's just way too much negativity. (Not to mention.. I feel bad that there are still people waiting for NOA2...)

Other than that, I'll help a bit in the K1 forum, and I've ventured into the September Filers/VSC-Overtaken forum post (hahaha) but I'm here mostly. I like you guys and girls. I want to bake you all cookies for putting up with my silly questions for the last few months, lol. :dance:

Awww. I just think that you're a sweetheart. It doesn't both us a bit in the VSC taken over forum to help out people. We cheer for everyone equally, and get frustrated when others are frustrated. We've offered to send fingers and toes to USCIS/NVC/and Consulates since day one.

I just think it's a shame that other posters are sometimes made to feel bad for feeling happy that their journey is one step closer to an end. Shouldn't we all be happy for everyone?? I think so.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear about the drama in the CSC forum (where is the CSC forum, anyway?)

I don't think I had drama in the K1 forum when I was going through the process. Though our K1 petition DID take a farking whole 10 months and that's with a lawyer, too.

And ps - in our four years together, I've never heard my husband fart. Only when he's on the toilet. And he won't let me open the bathroom door when he or I are going #1 or #2. I find this behavior all very old school and odd. But then again, I kinda like this "gentlemen don't fart in front of their wives" thing. Keeps the romance alive. Haha. :D

Edited by Team J and B

Awww. I just think that you're a sweetheart. It doesn't both us a bit in the VSC taken over forum to help out people. We cheer for everyone equally, and get frustrated when others are frustrated. We've offered to send fingers and toes to USCIS/NVC/and Consulates since day one.

I just think it's a shame that other posters are sometimes made to feel bad for feeling happy that their journey is one step closer to an end. Shouldn't we all be happy for everyone?? I think so.

Exactly! I mean, what's the point in stirring it all up? It's not going to make anything go faster. I think I stopped posting shortly before I got my NOA2, to be honest. I'm a firm believer that patience is a virtue, but when the NOA2's started rolling in, I got a little antsy. I even admitted it, like "Hey, I know I'm usually all about patience, but EEEEEEK - NOA2 DO WANT NAO!" and I got called on it. I snarked right back at the person, though, and I haven't really posted in it since much past congrats to a few people. After that, I tend to just go straight here to chat. Hell, I have a page to the Canadian forums saved on my home screen on my iPhone! :D

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
And ps - in our four years together, I've never heard my husband fart. Only when he's on the toilet. And he won't let me open the bathroom door when he or I are going #1 or #2. I find this behavior all very old school and odd. But then again, I kinda like this "gentlemen don't fart in front of their wives" thing. Keeps the romance alive. Haha. :D

Totally funny story about that, actually...

The first couple of times Mathew came down here our food just destroyed his tummy. So we were getting ready to go to bed one night and he walked into another room and as he's walking through the hallway he pooted and it was so loud I burst out laughing. His face was SOOOO red when he got back in the bedroom because he was embarrassed and didn't think I'd hear it.

I honestly never thought anything of it because I know he didn't mean to, his tummy was upset. Those things happen. And even if he did mean it, meh...I'm not the kind of girl who cares. As long as it's not in public. :)

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Hubby's like that too, doesn't like to fart in front of me. He also shoos me away from the bathroom door (the sink and counter is right outside the the room of toilet and bath) when he goes poo.

However, he's getting a little sloppy on burping though.

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Sorry to hear about the drama in the CSC forum (where is the CSC forum, anyway?)

I don't think I had drama in the K1 forum when I was going through the process. Though our K1 petition DID take a farking whole 10 months and that's with a lawyer, too.

There isnt a CSC forum. It's just one of the topics for the people who filed at a certain month at the CSC.

I was in two of them but it got bleh and one of the people in it is trying to be an attention freak.

And consider yourself lucky about the fart thing. My fiance does at least 10 times a day :P

Poor guy though, cant blame him. He has a hard time digesting certain things... and his family is very open about the expelling gas thing... I hear them all fart and burp all the time.

What a change...

I just hope they hold back during the wedding dinner... ugh :lol:

Edited by Rhiannercakes

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

I'm like that too...or at least, I WAS. My wife thought it was SO odd that I wouldn't burp or pass gas anywhere near her. She downright encouraged me to do it, saying, "Honey, you're just going to hurt yourself if you hold it in." :P

I'm still pretty private about those little gassy functions, but I'm more prone to let one slip now and again than I used to be.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

Man I wish someone would show this thrread to my husband!! He is actually proud of those rank farts!! And the louder and longer the better!!!

Seriously! It is like living with a teenager at times!! Silly man...

April 8, 2007- Met on-line playing World of Warcraft...Me a troll he a Tauren

10/11/2008 Married in Lakewood Washington

USCIS

12/08/2008 CR-1/I-130 mailed

12/19/2008 NOA1

03/09/2009 NOA2

03/09/2009 I-130 approved

NVC

03/19/2009 NVC case # generated

09/25/2009 Completed at NVC

01/11/2010 Interview Assigned..flight and hotel booked same day.

01/20/2010 Medical in Vancouver....no issues reported

02/05/2010 Interview in Montreal..APPROVED..with a few tears at the end!!

02/11/2010 POE...Peace Arch or PAC

thm_thm_php8UO03s.jpg

event.png

Timeline

Not healthy to keep all that gas built in,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I post primarily here...well, I stop here first thing in the morning. Depending on how long I post here, I'll venture into all the other forums, except regional in the mornings. Usually K-1 and K-3 forums. I enjoy helping people at the beginning of the process.

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.