Pacmtrx7

I-129 NOA1 taking long...Is this unusual?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello

We started the K-3 process back in November at the USCIS Calif Service Center. We filed the I-130 and the NOA1 received date was Nov 23rd, the notice date was Nov 30th. We then filed the I-129 and sent it out Dec 7th. We received a packet on Dec 21st and our I-129 petition was rejected because they said no I-130 was pending! :o This was obviously a mistake on their part, so I immediately re-submitted the petition, together with a complete copy of the I-130 Petition and a second copy of the receipt notice showing we had filed the I-130 and that it was in fact pending. I also tabbed the original receipt notice that was in the packet submitted at the beginning of the month, to show them that they missed the document upon first review. I heard that this unfortunately is not all that uncommon.

My question is, we sent out the I-129 again on Dec 22nd, but here it is almost a month later and still no NOA1. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and what their experience was. I noticed that the processing times seem to average no more then a week after being sent then receiving the NOA1. Will this also affect the processing time between the NOA1 and NOA2?

Any info would be greatly appreciated....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
Hello

We started the K-3 process back in November at the USCIS Calif Service Center. We filed the I-130 and the NOA1 received date was Nov 23rd, the notice date was Nov 30th. We then filed the I-129 and sent it out Dec 7th. We received a packet on Dec 21st and our I-129 petition was rejected because they said no I-130 was pending! :o This was obviously a mistake on their part, so I immediately re-submitted the petition, together with a complete copy of the I-130 Petition and a second copy of the receipt notice showing we had filed the I-130 and that it was in fact pending. I also tabbed the original receipt notice that was in the packet submitted at the beginning of the month, to show them that they missed the document upon first review. I heard that this unfortunately is not all that uncommon.

My question is, we sent out the I-129 again on Dec 22nd, but here it is almost a month later and still no NOA1. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and what their experience was. I noticed that the processing times seem to average no more then a week after being sent then receiving the NOA1. Will this also affect the processing time between the NOA1 and NOA2?

Any info would be greatly appreciated....

You should call the USCIS and complain, 1month is the average time so you should call them.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

When I mailed off my packets I called the USCIS and asked them this very question, they told me that it is not abnormal for the NOA1 to take as long as 1 month, and there is nothing that you can do about it until the 1 month mark has pass. If you have not recieved your NOA1 at that time, You can call them and complain

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Our NOA1 took 26 days because USCIS had CANCELLED our petition. They said we had filed in the wrong place when we had filed at the Chicago LB like everyone else. It took a lot of yelling and the NOA1 was issued in ONE day exactly. So give them a call. And ask them what is going on.

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.