Kimbear

Review: Dr. Seiden Toronto

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all, i'm a bit late doing this but i've been running around do to some issues that were brought up at my medical which i'll get to later in the review. And i apoligize fo the incomming Wall of text.

First things first, we stayed at the holiday inn express, which is literally a 5 min walk to the doctors office. the free breakfast was pretty good actually, not just muffins but they had eggs, bacon, cinamon rolls etc. plus the usual fixings. also there is a great restaurant called Gabby's near by, best prime rib burger i've had in along time, and not too expensive either.

Woke up at 5:30am, got to Dr. Seidens at 6:35ish, they were already open and about maybe 5 ppl in front of me. David stayed at the starbucks with my laptop which is right across the street.

Checked in at entrance, handed over my p3 letter with case number on it and was told to sit in waiting room. Waited about 10 mins or so, a women called my name and we went to a little office, she asked for my passport, 3 pictures, and 275$ for the exam. She made me sign a consent form for the medical, and asked if i was going to come pick up the results in 2 days, i said i'd like to have them couriered to Windsor and she gave me another form to fill out for where i wanted the results sent and to pay the 50$ for the courrier. don't worry if you don't have exact change, she was able to break a 20 for me :P

She printed off a few sheets gave me an envelope, to which was attached my passport, the medicial info forms the doc fills out, and a smaller paper with xray, bloodtest, physical etc written on it. She then told me to sit outside in the hallway.

A few mins later another women came and directed me to stand near the waiting room at the bloodtest room. After a few mins the bloodtest lady called me in asked if i was afraid of blood had any issues with needles etc and had me sit down make my hand into a fist and proceeded to draw blood. this is where my good mood started to falter.

she had an issue trying to find my vein. so she kept pulling in and out the needle and asking me if it hurt ..well duh ya after the 3rd time it was hurting. Finally she was able to draw blood.

i have no issues with needles blood etc. but when i looked to see why she was having an issue with the veing she got mad and gave me sh!te for looking. After she was finished she told me to take my papers and go. i replied. umm where to? she tells me wherever i'm suposed to go. ?? okies...sure..like i know where that is....

then she gets annoyed and asked me what i haven't had done yet..i'm like your the first person i've seen. so she tells me again to take my stuff and go to xray. ok..be a little more specific please? so she barks at me down the hall. my arm was so freaking sore after that :(

so i finally find where xray was, down a teeny hallway where you have to practically step over ppl to get to it, and i sit down. xray seemed to be backed up there was a bunch of ppl there waiting. after about 15 mins or so i get called in, given the paper gown told how to stand etc. and then was told to get dressed and go sit around the corner in the other hallway.

by this point i kinda felt like a cow on the way to slaughter.

one of the earlier ladies then tells me to go back to the waiting area. at 8:00 they call me into a room to have my blood pressure taken the nurse asks me my weight / height, she didn't actually take either. then tells me to wait

at this point David came back to check up on me and see if I was ok. so they let him in and he sits with me in the little room. we waited until 8:40 about for the nurse to come back in, with two doctors. one doctor checks my abdomen, eyes etc, while the other who was dr. seiden himself fills out the paperwork and asks me questions, about my work, schooling (have no idea why they had to ask me that shrug) he also goes over the usual family history questions etc.

the doctor who is examining me asks about the bruise on my knee, well i tripped and hit the corner of my metal futon, he asks me about the other one..um there is no other bruise, my leg is red from having my knees crossed..i was kinda cold in there with just a paper gown on.. then he sees the acne bumps on my face and asks me about those if i was hit recently...like What the Hell??? i got the impession they were accusing david of hurting me and i immediately got my back up and was upset.

dr. seiden goes on to tell me my vaccination book is not complete. that it only shows one MMR shot..nothing from when i was a child, also nothing in there about tetanus, even though i had one 3 years ago after a car accident. he goes on to explain he knows i had all my shots or i wouldn't have been allowed in school but that the us govt doesn't care and wants everything to be documented. he also tells me he can't do them there or they wont count..so he tells me he can't sign off on the medical and that i need to see a family doctor and get those up to date.

at this point both male doctors leave and the nurse comes back in to do the breast exam. well she finds what she thinks is a lump..oh joy.. can my freaking day get any better than this..meanwhile i'm starving and checking the clock and realizing i'm a miss out on the free breakfast and feeling bad cuz i know david never ate yet either :(

so she calls in one of the docs again to check it out.. he says prolly just a swollen gland, asks me if i've ever had anything like this, i say yes..and had it check out was told i was being paranoid and it was because i was on my period.. it's normal for some of your glands to get swollen. well that answer was not good enough../sigh so they call in dr. seiden. he then checks it out says it's prolly nothing BUT JUST IN CASE...have a family doc check it out..OMG i wanna just freak at this point.

little side note here..i just moved back to ontario, so i dont have my ontario health card, just my old one still as it's not been long enough to have it switched over. and i have no family doctor. so i'm like well i don't need the rest of the vaccines now right? i can have em done under davids health plan once i move but before AOS. he confirms this but still insists i get them done now. and tells me he can't mail the medical results til i do that or get back to him with the results ala fax etc that everything has been fixed.

oh and i also asked about getting a copy of the paperwork once it was all said and done and was told..i dont need it....that everyting i need is already in my vaccination book, that they dont give me a copy of the ds 3025 or anything..

so they give me two letters for my family doc..which i don't have...one about the vaccines the other to have an ultrasound done on my breast. and tell me to have the results etc proof of vaccines faxed back to them and then they will send out the medical.

so anyway, we got back to the hotel just before 10am, luckily breakfast even though it was over there were still lots of leftovers etc left..but ya..i wasn't hungry by then just really really upset and feeling like i failed everyting.

so monday i frantically make calls to find out if i can have all this stuff done and not have to pay since i dont have my ontario health card yet..and get told..i dont have any proof of address since my drivers licence was never switched over..no sh!te sherlock.you were on strike since august...and my quebec one expired on my bday in december...

so i find out drivers licence is open..woot which means i can get proof of address and go to ohip and see if i can get my health card. OMG...worst service ever..3 hours..3 bloody hours waiting as road test ppl keep butting the line etc..just so i can spend 5 mins to say "hey i moved back to on tario give me my licence!"

went and ate lunch then went to ohip and omg guess what?? another hour long wait..and then i had to argue with the women at the counter who insisted my "residency requirements" were only met today even though i moved oct 31 to ontario. see on the first day of the 3rd month you can get a new ontario health card..which would have been jan 1 for me..but the person on the phone screwed up and told me feb..anyways. then the fact i ticked off temporary on my address was another issue..i explained i'm moivng eventually to the usa but not sure when as i'm waiting for my interview.. ding ding ding..red flag red flag..warning!! DO NOT OFFER MORE THEN YOU NEED TO in terms of information...she immediately told me i was not elligeable and that i'd have to use my quebec card..which is kinda hard since it expires on the last day of january..

she states you have to be in ontario for a min of 180 days blah blah..i'm like ya..ok so oct 31 til whenever i get my interview will prolly be that.. but she insist..no no you only proved residency today january 19th..OMFG IS THIS CHICK FOR REAL??..NOT MY FAULT.. your drivetest center has been on strike since freaking August..what the hell!!!

so i continue to crab whine ###### etc etc..and finally get my bloody card. needless to say i hate beaurocratic BS..i swear..the last time i moved to ontario back in 2k i dont remember it being so retarded..

So i get my happy paper saying im covered and go immediately to the medical center near my house for my vaccines.. no problems..got them after another wait..but it was after 5pm and xray was closed so they got me an appointment for a mamogram and ultrasound this monday for the breast lump. once that is done i just have to fax all this bs paperwork back to Dr. Seiden in toronto and have them send me my medical.

and that my vj family is my story of my medical in toronto and all the issues that have to be deal with in order to get the copy sent to me..

HWDWm6.png

Geez Kimbear...that sounds like the medical from hell. :blink:

Hope everything goes well...and yeah, get that lump checked out. Like Dr. Seiden said, it's probably nothing, but you can never be too careful.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

Wow, that seems pretty horrible! I'm sorry you had to go through that.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

UGH! Thats horrible that you had to go through all that. I am seriously not looking forward to the medical....especially with 3 kids. Its really quite ridiculous that we have to go through this anyways. They don't take the kids blood or do xrays...seems kinda pointless really for them to even be there. Oh..except the part where I have to pay them for the 'exam' I suppose! LOL

K-1 Journey

04/30/2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

03/30/2010 - Interview @ MTL APPROVED!

04/13/2010 - POE @ Pearson International

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

07/20/2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Sent

07/21/2010 - package received at Chicago

07/28/2010 - check cashed

07/30/2010 - received NOA1 in mail

08/01/2010 - received biometrics letter

08/20/2010 - walk in biometrics completed

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

09/09/2010 - AP approved (email notice)

09/13/2010 - Received email that EAD was approved on Sept 10

10/04/2010 - Received interview letter in Mail

11/09/2010 - Interview-APPROVED! 112 days

11/09/2010 - Card Production 11/22/2010 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Timeline

What an ordeal, I'm sorry you had to go through that. I certainly hope after all they put you through, they get your results back to you asap.

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

ya it was a pretty hard day. but i'm feeling better about it. only thing good is that the interview wont be for a couple more months so i have time to get the lump checked out and removed etc. i did have a sudden fear of omg i'm not gonna make it cuz my visa journey has been hellish for most of the way with problem after problem. to be honest, i dont even knwo if i could recomend thsi journey to a nother person after all the stupidities i've experienced..:(

HWDWm6.png

Oh my Kimbear, what a horrible experience you had! I'm glad that it's over except for the ultrasound/mammogram. Chin up girl, you're almost there! You're in my thoughts. (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.