5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Well the time has come where Clayton and I have to file to remove the conditions. I was just curious on something, the form on the USCIS had an expiration date of 09/30/05 however the instructions have an expiration date of 08. I was just wondering if this version is accepted or not? I checked the forms on this site also and it's the same form. I'm concerned now as I need to file next week, I have everything ready to go. When I sat down this evening to fill the form out I realized the expiration date.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Natalie.

Hello Everyone,

Well the time has come where Clayton and I have to file to remove the conditions. I was just curious on something, the form on the USCIS had an expiration date of 09/30/05 however the instructions have an expiration date of 08. I was just wondering if this version is accepted or not? I checked the forms on this site also and it's the same form. I'm concerned now as I need to file next week, I have everything ready to go. When I sat down this evening to fill the form out I realized the expiration date.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Natalie.

Go ahead. I used the same form with same expiration date just this month and got my 1 year extension notice. Goodluck!

NATURALIZATION

7/09/2007 - Sent N-400 to Vermont

07/11/07- Priority Date

8/07/2007 - Received NOA 1 receipt for $400

8/30/2007 - Received notice of date for Fingerprinting

09/25/2007- Fingerprinting done

02/19/08 - Received notice of interview

04/18/08 - Interview in Philadelphia

06/16/08 - Received Oath ceremony invitation

07/02/08 - Oath Ceremony date - Pennsylvania Convention Center

Happy Independence Day!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You're good to go with what's available.

*Karen -- Jamaica ....... Courtney -- New Jersey*

09-12-05 - AOS filed

04-21-06 - AOS Interview

04-27-06 - Approval

05-17-06 - Green Card in hand

02-11-08 - File to remove conditions

03-15-08 - Biometrics

03-18-09 - Approved - No interview (Card production ordered)

03-24-09 - 10-year card arrives!

adaf8672.gif

JimminiCricket.jpg

Filed: Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-751.htm

10/26/05 is the current version 04/30/04 version also accepted.

The expires 09/30/08 and 09/30/05 refers to their authorization to collect information. Goverment agencies must get approval from OMB and post in the Federal Register when they are going to collect information and the form is given an OMB control number which has to be reauthorized from time to time or if the form is changed. It's done under the Paperwork Reduction Act.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/whatsnew.htm

USCIS: 60 Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Petition for Alien Fiance(e); Form I-129F

ACTION: Notice of 60-day information collection under review:

Petition for Alien Fiance(e); Form I-129F. OMB Control No. 1615-0001

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted an emergency information collection request (ICR) utilizing emergency review procedures, to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with section 1320.13(a)(1)(ii) and (a)(2)(iii) of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.

If you look at the new I-129F it has OMB No. 1615-0001; Expires 12/31/06, but the form doesn't expire then just the authorization under the Paperwork Reduction Act.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-751.htm

10/26/05 is the current version 04/30/04 version also accepted.

The expires 09/30/08 and 09/30/05 refers to their authorization to collect information. Goverment agencies must get approval from OMB and post in the Federal Register when they are going to collect information and the form is given an OMB control number which has to be reauthorized from time to time or if the form is changed. It's done under the Paperwork Reduction Act.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/whatsnew.htm

USCIS: 60 Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Petition for Alien Fiance(e); Form I-129F

ACTION: Notice of 60-day information collection under review:

Petition for Alien Fiance(e); Form I-129F. OMB Control No. 1615-0001

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted an emergency information collection request (ICR) utilizing emergency review procedures, to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with section 1320.13(a)(1)(ii) and (a)(2)(iii) of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.

If you look at the new I-129F it has OMB No. 1615-0001; Expires 12/31/06, but the form doesn't expire then just the authorization under the Paperwork Reduction Act.

Thanks everyone for your help, I will go ahead and use that form. Thanks mdyoung this explains it all a bit more. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.