disconnection

CAIRO'S FINAL REVIEW CLUB

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

4 weeks is the general reply in cairo usa embassy and if u insisted to know a time frame the will tell u 4-6 weeks well i am stuck for 75 days about 10 weeks with no reply so my advise not to count alot on what they say ,well i do know that every case is different and i cannot neglect the fact that some friends i know had it quickly but they still to be the odds ,well i will not forget some of the stupid replies i heard one day for pregnant woman having all papers and married to her cousin(usc) and they still need to make sure of the credibility of their relationship so just pray god

well on the good side when i called dos some days ago i learned there was a slow down for christmas vacations but all returned to normal so this will lessen these delays , i hope sooooooooooooo

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I see this is common!!!! Medo and I had our interview in Cairo on October 4, 2010. Same story 4-6 weeks. Here we are at the end of January and still that same dreaded word "Processing". Its so frustrating, I did manage to get a little info from the Embassy in Cairo, which was being reviewed in Washington DC. My heart goes out to all in this part of the process, I know how you feel...... I just want to start my life with my husband. I knew nothing of this process when we went to the interview, so I was expecting to be with my husband in no more than 7 weeks. I guess that makes this waiting that much harder. Can anyone give me any insight as to how long this could take or do's and don'ts? Thank you

Loly

Timeline

It's hard to tell about AP. It could take days, weeks or months. Is the case still in DC? Some people will say get a senator involved but others will say it's useless. Our case was in AP for about 4 months total. I didn't do anything aside from call DOS about once weekly and e-mailed Cairo a handful of times. That didn't help or hurt matters, it just kept me informed.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

TODAY I WAS ASKED TO UPDATE MY MEDICAL REPORT THE TB PORTION WHICH EXPIRES USALLY AFTER 6 MONTHS WELL ME MEDICAL EXAM WAS ON 10 AUGUST 2010 AND MY AP IS NOW FOR 117 DAYS

I DONOT KNOW IS THAT MEANS I AM ABOUT TO HAVE MY VISA AND AP FINISHED OR IT IS JUST A REGULAR ROUTIN TO UPDATE ANY EXPIRED DOUCUMENT

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

well after a short call to the dos department they said that my case still pending in the us , well too dissapointing

Sorry about your delay, your case was sent back to the US after your interview ?

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Timeline

actually not all the case but it was said to me it must pass some security checks done in washington dc. but the problem that i ve heard lately that it ended and returned back to the embassy but unfortunately the embassy is closed working with emergency stuff which could result in a some deays

whar really concerned me was the retrogression of fb1 category in the latest visa bulletin but to my surprise

i amnot fb1 anymore althought i am 29 years old as i was converted to IR2 by the embassy i guess under cspa advisory opinion

Edited by hamada2006

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

actually not all the case but it was said to me it must pass some security checks done in washington dc. but the problem that i ve heard lately that it ended and returned back to the embassy but unfortunately the embassy is closed working with emergency stuff which could result in a some deays

whar really concerned me was the retrogression of fb1 category in the latest visa bulletin but to my surprise

i amnot fb1 anymore althought i am 29 years old as i was converted to IR2 by the embassy i guess under cspa advisory opinion

If the embassy was only working on emergency issues I don't think they would have taken the time to call and tell you to update your medical. I've seen on here many times when they do this the visa is issued shortly after. It wouldn't make sense for them to have you do it all over again if they didn't intend on issuing the visa soon, because then there would be the chance that this one would expire as well.

Good luck!!

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Timeline

mandyu1

well thanks for what u said well it was really so comforting but it is still the fact the recived my medical on 24 feb and yesterday in an email they told me i am still in AP WHY I DONOT KNOW REALLY EXCEPT I BEGAN TO LOSE HOPE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

mandyu1

well thanks for what u said well it was really so comforting but it is still the fact the recived my medical on 24 feb and yesterday in an email they told me i am still in AP WHY I DONOT KNOW REALLY EXCEPT I BEGAN TO LOSE HOPE

I know its very frustrating, we are in AP in Cairo as well, its so easy to lose hope. But try and think positive, maybe they received the case back from the states and need to finish some paperwork at the embassy before its finished, and since they are short staffed there is a delay. Do you have anyone here in the states that can contact their senator for you and have them look into it?

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Timeline

well actually all my family are usc wheremy dad and mom and two young brothers well they tried before but as you know the senator never can help in circumstaces like these in egypt where the embassy is almost closed and working 3 hours wit emergency stuff also in teneessee the senators there never pay care for immigrants

anyway i again thank you so much atlease it is better to find one in same boat with you to chat with ,really thanks i wish for you and me and all others the best and the end for this long journey well atlease you can know nice brothers and sisiters as you ,well let us share informations and keep updated see ya

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

received this email ,well i finally eilhamdel eilah feel at ease and waiting your inquires to my friends her

Kindly note that your visa was issued on 31 March 201.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.