disconnection

CAIRO'S FINAL REVIEW CLUB

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello Everyone.

Whenever you call DOS make sure you ask them if your AP process at Consulte level or if your case in at washington for AP. Always DOS customer Service person have two answers, either your visa printed, sent, or AP only period. So you have to ask them if your case is at the embasy or washington. mostly if your case is in washington it will take longer time to finish the AP. if your case is in the Consulte section, it is matter geting document from you and verifying them and the CO getting time to finalize your case.

H.G i am female and my interview took only 10 minutes, 7 questions, but they asked me to send my husband two Certified divorce decrees, and kept my pasport, the CO he was guy he even said to me "i hope your the last one" meaning that i hope he doesnt divorce you. Now most of embasies are asking original divorce decrees i know these once Cairo, Nairobi, UAE, and Yemen. One thing i know now is Cairo Consulate section did not updated any pending visa(visa on hold at the embasy level) Since December 30, they did not responded to emails since Jan 13. so we hoping they will start updating us this coming week insha allah.

to honest with you, I took KLM, Northwest, Emarats, Kenya airways, Delta, ethiopian air and Egyptair. i am not egyptian. I think the only airplane that was better than egyptair was Emarats. so let you know KLM is owned by dutch, Delta, and NW are owned by USA. Egyptair is wonderful airline comp.

Last .. if you call DOS or the Embasy, the phones will ring right away you have to option either wait let it ring someone will answer or the computer will cut you off so call back again until someone answrs it.

Im confused. You are not Egyptian, but you went to an interview at the Cairo embassy? Do you just live in Egypt and had to go to the interview there? Does Emarates Airline fly to the US? I guess you had better luck on Egyptair airlines then I did because my experiences on it havent been that great. Lets hope the embassy works hard this week so that they can get everyones visas out before the end of January.

Embassy Journey

2009-11-15 : Case at US Embassy in Cairo

2009-10-26 : Medical Exam@4pm

2009-10-28 : Medical Exam results given

2009-11-09 : Interview Date @ 9am

2009-11-09 to 2010-01-21 AP

2010-02-02: Visa Issued

2010-02-06 : Visa in Hand

2010-02-11 : U.S. Entry

U.S. Journey

2010-03-01 : Social Security card received

2010-03-04 : Welcome to the US letter received in the mail

2010-03-11 : Green card received

2010-04-04 : Ahmad got a J-O-B (Alhamdullah!)

2010-05-22 : Ahmad got his DL

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
OK I dont want to get my hopes up but after calling DOS several times this week I finally got through today. The lady that answered said that the AP from Washington is finished as of today and that the results of the AP have been sent to the Embassy. Does that mean we are closer to getting the visa or can they request more APs?

That sound promising . I hope that everything will work out good for you and you will hear good news soon .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Hello Everyone.

Whenever you call DOS make sure you ask them if your AP process at Consulte level or if your case in at washington for AP. Always DOS customer Service person have two answers, either your visa printed, sent, or AP only period. So you have to ask them if your case is at the embasy or washington. mostly if your case is in washington it will take longer time to finish the AP. if your case is in the Consulte section, it is matter geting document from you and verifying them and the CO getting time to finalize your case.

H.G i am female and my interview took only 10 minutes, 7 questions, but they asked me to send my husband two Certified divorce decrees, and kept my pasport, the CO he was guy he even said to me "i hope your the last one" meaning that i hope he doesnt divorce you. Now most of embasies are asking original divorce decrees i know these once Cairo, Nairobi, UAE, and Yemen. One thing i know now is Cairo Consulate section did not updated any pending visa(visa on hold at the embasy level) Since December 30, they did not responded to emails since Jan 13. so we hoping they will start updating us this coming week insha allah.

to honest with you, I took KLM, Northwest, Emarats, Kenya airways, Delta, ethiopian air and Egyptair. i am not egyptian. I think the only airplane that was better than egyptair was Emarats. so let you know KLM is owned by dutch, Delta, and NW are owned by USA. Egyptair is wonderful airline comp.

Last .. if you call DOS or the Embasy, the phones will ring right away you have to option either wait let it ring someone will answer or the computer will cut you off so call back again until someone answrs it.

Well the divorce certificate is not a big deal .i guess 7 questions is better than 25 or more .

Well it does not matter if they keep your passport or not .they still can put you under AP .

They kept so many people passports after their interview .some of them got their visas after months and some even did not get it at all .

They have my passport since Aug 2 and still no visa !!

SO if you are not Egyptian and you had an interview in Egypt .so I guess maybe you are from Sudan .!!

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Aya about your question about Egyptair, It is probably the cheapest way to go, but I strongly dislike it in comparison to other airlines I have been on. For example, on KLM each passenger has their own tv screen that comes with games, internet, movies, and music. On Egyptair there is one tv to every 10 to 15 passengers kind of like on Superjet buses in Egypt. When I took Egyptair last month, I was on a 12 and 1/2 hour ride from NY to Cairo and they played like 2 or 3 movies that were super old and to top it off the picture was fuzzy. Also most of the stewards and stewardesses on Egyptair are not very friendly in my opinion. The last thing which I think is the worst is the size of the seats. The seats are not comfortable and you are guaranteed to be touching arms with the passengers next to you. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture.........lol!!!!

Delta is the same .you have your own TV .

I'm not certain if there is a KLM Non-stop flight from Cairo to NY .the good thing about Egyptair that they have a Non-stop flight from Cairo to NY the same for Delta .

:thumbs: That's right you are not the only one who says they are not friendly !

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Delta is the same .you have your own TV .

I'm not certain if there is a KLM Non-stop flight from Cairo to NY .the good thing about Egyptair that they have a Non-stop flight from Cairo to NY the same for Delta .

:thumbs: That's right you are not the only one who says they are not friendly !

KLM has always to stop in amesterdam , like airfrance has to stop in paris and etc....

but it's not a good thing to take a flying bus with small seats from cairo to NY in a flight takes 12 hours . egyptair comes as the last option for us :unsure:

Edited by disconnection

Timeline
OK I dont want to get my hopes up but after calling DOS several times this week I finally got through today. The lady that answered said that the AP from Washington is finished as of today and that the results of the AP have been sent to the Embassy. Does that mean we are closer to getting the visa or can they request more APs?

let's hope there will be no more AP and that they will issue the visa within days , you keep calling the embassy and let us know what was their answer,

things seem to be moving on :)

Edited by disconnection

Timeline
Im confused. You are not Egyptian, but you went to an interview at the Cairo embassy? Do you just live in Egypt and had to go to the interview there? Does Emarates Airline fly to the US? I guess you had better luck on Egyptair airlines then I did because my experiences on it havent been that great. Lets hope the embassy works hard this week so that they can get everyones visas out before the end of January.

If you look at the interview schedule for the American Embassy in Cairo: http://cairo.usembassy.gov/consular/iv8.htm they have a lot of nationalities interview there. I see Sudan, Kuwait, Somalia, Ethiopia, and many others I can't guess the meaning for their abbreviations.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
KLM has always to stop in amesterdam , like airfrance has to stop in paris and etc....

but it's not a good thing to take a flying bus with small seats from cairo to NY in a flight takes 12 hours . egyptair comes as the last option for us :unsure:

I've flown British Air, Scandinavia Air, and Delta abroad. Scandinavia air was the best with more space, newer plane, and little amenities such as ear phones, tooth brush and tooth paste, eye cover for sleep. British Air was pretty nice too but I always felt cramped in there and I've flown them many time. The Delta ride from NYC to Cairo was scary because it was like an older air bus and the overhead carry-on compartment didn't hold everyone's carry-on. It was packed tight in there. The ride back was a newer plane and not so scary. I prefer being on the plane from NYC to Cairo direct flight because it is much less time.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

I have to take two flights to get to NYC first. The thing about taking one carrier such as Delta even international is that your luggage tends to make it as they take care of their own. Taking multiple carriers can be more costly because of baggage fees and knowing where to collect it recheck it in and when it may be transfered or not. It's a hassle and nothing sucks worse than arriving and your underwear is being held hostage by the airlines for two weeks while you're abroad because they've lost your luggage. That happened to me on one of my trips and I felt really uncomfortable because I had to make it known to my host I didn't have underwear, or socks, or pretty much anything except what I was wearing and we needed to go shopping for all new things to get me by until they found my luggage.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

For luggage they usually permit two 50 lbs. bags that go under the plane, and one 20 lbs. carry on and one personal item such as a pillow, purse, laptop or diaper bag. My suggestion is that if you take a carry on pack several changes of clothes in it encase they loose your luggage.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
For luggage they usually permit two 50 lbs. bags that go under the plane, and one 20 lbs. carry on and one personal item such as a pillow, purse, laptop or diaper bag. My suggestion is that if you take a carry on pack several changes of clothes in it encase they loose your luggage.

Flower , this advice only fits with an american female but not for any guy from middle east especially after what that nigerian guy did as he had some dangerous stuff in his carry on bag inside the plane.

what i will do when i am going isA is to wear nothing but a towel arround my waist and a slipper and i will have no bags with me LOL they will need to check everything and we have to help them and make their work easier :innocent: hehehe

i really believe that this stupid nigerian guy and his sick mind will let its effect on visa issuance and airports security procedures for a while , guys we pay for the mistakes that some sick mind ppl do but we have to fight side by side with the american authorities to defeat the terror because that's not a favor to do but a duty we must do .

everytime i listen to news i feel disappointed like today there's some stupid group on el arabia news announcing they will target the american warships arround the world and i am sure no one in this group knows how to swim but they just say so to raise the tense level :angry:

Timeline

i just want to add something Flower , your last post is the 100th post in our thread :D that makes me happy because i am addicted to this thread and i am checking it every hour .

i hope this thread will hit 200th while all of us had theor visas and we would continue describing which airline is cheaper to book on and how was flight and how was the POE , and how did we feel when we saw our love ones in the airport :D

good luck for all of us guys and girls , keep it in your mind we are on the final step to start our new lives and i am sure the journey was so hard for all of us but great love always faces great challenges and to be with the one you chose and you want to spend the rest of your life with it worth it to suffer and to wait and have this journey . this journey is a medal on each one of us chest .... we are in love and we are proud to be in love and to sacrifice our everything for this love , oh i need to stop now otherwise i will cry as my eyes started to be teary :D

Timeline
Flower , this advice only fits with an american female but not for any guy from middle east especially after what that nigerian guy did as he had some dangerous stuff in his carry on bag inside the plane.

what i will do when i am going isA is to wear nothing but a towel arround my waist and a slipper and i will have no bags with me LOL they will need to check everything and we have to help them and make their work easier :innocent: hehehe

i really believe that this stupid nigerian guy and his sick mind will let its effect on visa issuance and airports security procedures for a while , guys we pay for the mistakes that some sick mind ppl do but we have to fight side by side with the american authorities to defeat the terror because that's not a favor to do but a duty we must do .

everytime i listen to news i feel disappointed like today there's some stupid group on el arabia news announcing they will target the american warships arround the world and i am sure no one in this group knows how to swim but they just say so to raise the tense level :angry:

:lol: It's for all passengers. However, some luggage requirements may vary depending on carrier. Some carriers don't have fees if you're flying international and some do so you'll have to check into that unless you don't want to bother with luggage which also makes one suspicious. I don't know what changes they made to security for those flying from "suspect" countries. I am aware from news reports that red flags for terrorists or suicide bombers are not having a round trip ticket and not checking any luggage such as in the case of that Nigerian guy. I think for an intending immigrant it is acceptable to not have a round trip ticket but not to have any luggage and coming out of a "suspect" country even though it's a US ally would certainly make them look at you more closely.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
i just want to add something Flower , your last post is the 100th post in our thread :D that makes me happy because i am addicted to this thread and i am checking it every hour .

i hope this thread will hit 200th while all of us had theor visas and we would continue describing which airline is cheaper to book on and how was flight and how was the POE , and how did we feel when we saw our love ones in the airport :D

good luck for all of us guys and girls , keep it in your mind we are on the final step to start our new lives and i am sure the journey was so hard for all of us but great love always faces great challenges and to be with the one you chose and you want to spend the rest of your life with it worth it to suffer and to wait and have this journey . this journey is a medal on each one of us chest .... we are in love and we are proud to be in love and to sacrifice our everything for this love , oh i need to stop now otherwise i will cry as my eyes started to be teary :D

:blush: Sentimental disconnection. (F)

I look at this journey as one more leg of the entire journey but maybe it is that part of the journey that is the most rewarding when we first get them here and they start their new lives in our country and the world may be new and full of wonders for them. I've read many stories of many different reactions so you never know what it's going to be like or how the couple adjusts to the changes. Life still goes on and the visa journey process doesn't really end for the couple until the intending immigrant naturalizes. I'm really beat and really tired and so done with doing an online relationship for 6 years with 3 of that married. I want that life now where the marriage is in person even if the first year of adjustment is rough. I just want to be able to go to bed and my Husband is beside me and not half way across the planet. I want happiness for all of us soon because being in limbo and the dark for so long is no place to be.

Edited by ~Flower~

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
:blush: Sentimental disconnection. (F)

I look at this journey as one more leg of the entire journey but maybe it is that part of the journey that is the most rewarding when we first get them here and they start their new lives in our country and the world may be new and full of wonders for them. I've read many stories of many different reactions so you never know what it's going to be like or how the couple adjusts to the changes. Life still goes on and the visa journey process doesn't really end for the couple until the intending immigrant naturalizes. I'm really beat and really tired and so done with doing an online relationship for 6 years with 3 of that married. I want that life now where the marriage is in person even if the first year of adjustment is rough. I just want to be able to go to bed and my Husband is beside me and not half way across the planet. I want happiness for all of us soon because being in limbo and the dark for so long is no place to be.

I am Disconnection's wife and I couldn't agree with you more, Flower. Further, this may be that LAST leg of the journey, but it seems to be the longest and by far, the most difficult.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.