Cali_Derry09

K1 Visa Medical Exam In London HELP!!!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Gavin Received his medical exam letter and needs to fly to london from Northern Ireland (Derry) for his medical exam with Knightbridge Doctors which has 2 locations now for either location we need info on which Airport is closest to these doctors and how to get to these two locations without having to pay a ton of money for taxis HOW DOES GAVIN GET AROUND? WHICH SUBWAYS DOES HE TAKE TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT??? Where can he go for help???? CAN anyone who has made this trip before help because he and I are lost he doesnt know his way around nor do I ...? Please let me know asap... so we can schedule this and he can finally come home to me please!

Natalie and Gavin :wacko::wacko:

Natalie & Gavin

Gavin Received his medical exam letter and needs to fly to london from Northern Ireland (Derry) for his medical exam with Knightbridge Doctors which has 2 locations now for either location we need info on which Airport is closest to these doctors and how to get to these two locations without having to pay a ton of money for taxis HOW DOES GAVIN GET AROUND? WHICH SUBWAYS DOES HE TAKE TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT??? Where can he go for help???? CAN anyone who has made this trip before help because he and I are lost he doesnt know his way around nor do I ...? Please let me know asap... so we can schedule this and he can finally come home to me please!

Which office is his medical at?

The closest airport to central london, where they are both based is Heathrow, but it's not necessarily the cheapest to fly to.

The best way of getting step by step instructions is to decide which airport has the most convenient flights (often Stansted for cost from NI). Once you know, go to www.tfl.gov.uk and do a route plan to whichever tube station (that's londonish for subway/ underground) is closest to his appointed office.

ETA: You don't want or need to take cabs from the airports, it would be daylight robbery price-wise. The public transport system is more than adequate.

Edited by SunDrop

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks soooooo much! We havent scheduled the appointment yet because of the money is hard to come by at the moment once he has the money for flight and exam then we will schedule to which ever one they give us... Thanks for your help... We dont have any contacts in london to help us so we r stuck! =(

Which office is his medical at?

The closest airport to central london, where they are both based is Heathrow, but it's not necessarily the cheapest to fly to.

The best way of getting step by step instructions is to decide which airport has the most convenient flights (often Stansted for cost from NI). Once you know, go to www.tfl.gov.uk and do a route plan to whichever tube station (that's londonish for subway/ underground) is closest to his appointed office.

ETA: You don't want or need to take cabs from the airports, it would be daylight robbery price-wise. The public transport system is more than adequate.

Natalie & Gavin

There is a pinned medical thread at the top of the UK forum which you may find useful. I'm sure that people cover not only how to get there + pictures!, but their experiences scheduling, etc.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8321

Post 2 describes some about getting from the airport:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ost&p=40282

Going by this, it confirms my suspicion that even taking public transportation (25 pounds from Stansted to Liverpool!), you're going to feel like you've been taken advantage of. The nice thing about a Taxi is that you can let someone else worry about how to get there...you just pay for it.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Thanks soooooo much! We havent scheduled the appointment yet because of the money is hard to come by at the moment once he has the money for flight and exam then we will schedule to which ever one they give us... Thanks for your help... We dont have any contacts in london to help us so we r stuck! =(

I lived in London for 22 years. 3 airports - Heathrow, Gatwick and City. If you get a taxi from any of the airports it WILL cost a fortune. Tubes and buses are the way to go, BUT these days you need an Oyster card. These are pre-paid cards which you swipe going through the tube barriers and getting on the bus. If you don't have one, the price of buying a tube ticket can be 3 times the price. Also, if getting on the tubes or overground trains AND buses before 9.30am, the prices are way higher as well cos it's rush hour. So try to get your medical scheduled at a time so you don't have to use the public transport before then.

Here is a link for the Oyster card.

https://oyster.tfl.gov.uk/oyster/entry.do

Head for thetrainline.com for the best routes. Also, http://www.tfl.gov.uk/. Did he call for his appointment? Make sure you know which facility you're going to, and take maps with you, if needed.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

I lived in London for 22 years. 3 airports - Heathrow, Gatwick and City. If you get a taxi from any of the airports it WILL cost a fortune. Tubes and buses are the way to go, BUT these days you need an Oyster card. These are pre-paid cards which you swipe going through the tube barriers and getting on the bus. If you don't have one, the price of buying a tube ticket can be 3 times the price. Also, if getting on the tubes or overground trains AND buses before 9.30am, the prices are way higher as well cos it's rush hour. So try to get your medical scheduled at a time so you don't have to use the public transport before then.

Here is a link for the Oyster card.

https://oyster.tfl.gov.uk/oyster/entry.do

There's stansted too, which is often the one for irish airlines, but I'm not sure who operates out of NI. Plan to arrive after 9.30am so he isn't robbed blind by commuter rates for public transport. You don't 'have' to get an oyster card, but it does cut the costs. Sounds like for his medical he should be able to fly in and out in one day, so he'll need a one day travelcard if he's coming to Heathrow. If it's Stansted or Gatwick, neither are on the underground but both have fast trains into the city, from which he would then get on the underground. They'd have separate tickets.

Where you need to start is to work out who has the cheapest flights to London and which airport they fly to. Let us know, and we can get him accurate, current information about how to get there and back for the cheapest price possible.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.