Roosterwife

Two quick questions

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello VJers

1. If your interview comes up before your anniversary date and you pass it, does immigration ALWAYS simply schedule your oath for after your anniversary date? Or could they also choose to reschedule your interview (ie: make you come back to interview again)? I ask because things are moving so quickly that it looks as if I may get an interview before my anniversary date in mid-March, and I would hate to have to interview twice!

2. Can you travel out of the country after your successful interview and before your oath ceremony? I know there can sometimes be a delay - especially if you had the interview before your anniversary date or if your local office is busy. I ask because my job requires frequent travel outside the US.

thanks

N-400

12/14/09 Mailed application to Lewisville, Texas

04/23/10 Sworn in. America's newest citizen!

I-130

04/26/10 Mailed parents' applications to Chicago

05/03/10 NOA 1 from CSC

10/05/10 I-130 approvals for both parents received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hello VJers

1. If your interview comes up before your anniversary date and you pass it, does immigration ALWAYS simply schedule your oath for after your anniversary date? Or could they also choose to reschedule your interview (ie: make you come back to interview again)? I ask because things are moving so quickly that it looks as if I may get an interview before my anniversary date in mid-March, and I would hate to have to interview twice!

2. Can you travel out of the country after your successful interview and before your oath ceremony? I know there can sometimes be a delay - especially if you had the interview before your anniversary date or if your local office is busy. I ask because my job requires frequent travel outside the US.

thanks

Hi,

A1- You go to ur interview with no problem and there is No reschedule for ur interview, you will be interviewed , But if u pass ur test you have to wait till you reach the time. 3 Years base of Marriage from USC or 5 Years

A2- Well about this if i am in ur shoes i will not do that i will wait for my oath ceremony and then get ur Certificate of citizenship and travel wherever u want ...

Wait for the best Answer..

Good Luck.

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello VJers

If you pass the interview they won't make you take the interview again. They will 'hold' the finalization of your interview until you have satisfied all of the requirements -eg the 3rd anniversary of your greencard. Once you satisfy that requirement they will put you in line to schedule an oath ceremony.

Yes, no problem. You are still a permanent resident and can travel out of the US and return using your greencard. You do need to make sure that you are not out of the US for longer than 6 months though as that would 'break' the residency requirement, however short business trips are not a problem. When you have your oath ceremony you will fill out a list of questions that will ask, among others, if you have left the US between the time of your interview and your oath ceremony. You will answer yes and will be asked for the dates, so make sure you know the dates. Bring along your passport to show the dates (or other proof if your passport is not stamped) and it won't be a problem.

thanks

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.