SoPinay

Questions about Sputum Exam

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello!

I'd like to ask those who had sputum exams at St. Luke's. If ever tested positive for the sputum exam, is it necessary that we will have the treatment at St. Luke's for 6 long months? Or is it ok if we go back to our province/city, and receive the treatment wherever DOTS centers are available?

I'm still waiting for my sputum culture results come Feb 15, 2010. But I would like to know what will happen then if ever I will get a positive result.

Thank you and God bless us all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Fiance had to go through the sputum testing but thank god he passed. However he did ask if his results were positive and he had to do the TB treatment could it be done in his hometown of Cebu. They told him no he would have to move to Manila and go to SLMEC 5 days a week. I thank God he passed because they don't take into consideration people have jobs and lives and it's hard to just drop everything and move to Manila.

Timeline:

03/15/08- Met online

01/03/09- Met in person for the first time.

01/15/09- Got engaged

02/18/09- Sent I-129F

02/20/09- Recieved at Vermont Service Center

02/23/09- NOA 1

02/24/09- Check cashed

02/27/09- NOA 1 Recieved hard copy in mail

07/04/09-NOA 2

08/08/09-NOA 2 Recieved hard copy in mail

09/15/09- Medical taken Sputum test required

9/22-9/24-Sputum Testing(Results negative) Now the wait begins for the culture results

11/24/09-Praise God Sputum culture negative......told to report to St Lukes for immunizations.

12/03/09- Medical Exam Passed and complete.

12/15/09- Interview Passed!!!! Visa Approved!! Praise be to God!!!

12/24/09- Visa in Hand

12/30/09- POE- JFK

02/22/10- Married

If God be for me who can be against me!!

Timeline
My Fiance had to go through the sputum testing but thank god he passed. However he did ask if his results were positive and he had to do the TB treatment could it be done in his hometown of Cebu. They told him no he would have to move to Manila and go to SLMEC 5 days a week. I thank God he passed because they don't take into consideration people have jobs and lives and it's hard to just drop everything and move to Manila.

Thanks for the quick response.

I don't really see the point why they have to let us do the treatment at St. Luke's considering staying in Manila entails a lot of expense, not to mention our jobs etc.

Thanks anyways. I earnestly pray I won't test positive and so the rest of those who are still waiting for the culture results.

I don't really see the point why they have to let us do the treatment at St. Luke's considering staying in Manila entails a lot of expense, not to mention our jobs etc.

Thanks anyways. I earnestly pray I won't test positive and so the rest of those who are still waiting for the culture results.

Good luck on your results. My finacee just finished the Sputum test thursday. She was negative on the 2 smears and we are waiting for the culture result on March 15th.

Yes, If it is positive then moving to Manila is the requirements as you can only have treatmen from St. Lukes. Monday through Friday they have to report there for the meds daily. On Friday enough meds are given until you return Monday.

My finacee stated she spoke with alot of people that were having to reside in Manila and go daily for the meds.

I pray that she is cleared in the end, If not then this is just another added expense of living arrangments that will have to be met for this visa procedure. I am hoping for the best but also prepared for the worst.

I wish you the best of luck with your results!

Timeline

I believe the reason for this is for SLMEC to ensure that the patient will religiously take his/her meds based on the required dosage.

GuardianAngel

I-129F Sent : July 23, 2009
Check Cashed : July 29, 2009
NOA1 : July 28, 2009
NOA2 : October 21, 2009
Left NVC : October 28, 2009
USEM Letter Received : November 12, 2009
Medical Passed : December 15/16, 2009
Interview Passed : January 19, 2010
Visa Received : January 26, 2010 12:30pm
Arrived in the US : February 3, 2010
POE: Seattle, Tacoma WA

Wedding : March 20, 2010

AOS
Submission of AOS application
I485, I131, and I765 : May 02, 2010
Receipt Notice Received : May 06, 2010
Check Cashed : May 07, 2010
Biometrics Appointment : May 24, 2010
Card Production Ordered EAD: July 12, 2010
Advance Parole (Touched - Post Decision Activity): July 12, 2010
EAD Card Received : July 22, 2010
AP Document Received : July 15, 2010
Passed Drivers Test : October 5, 2010
Hired (First Job in the US) September 27, 2010
AOS Interview : January 05, 2011
Welcome Letter and Green card received: January 11, 2011

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
Card Expiration: January 5, 2013
I-751 Joint Petition Rcvd by USCIS: October 25, 2012
Check Cashed : October 29, 2012
Biometrics NOA : October 31, 2012
Biometrics Appointment : November 23, 2012

Approved: May 22, 2013

• 1 month later...

My wife called today to get results of Sputum culture. Of course they couldn't give result over the phone but they told her to report to Counter M at 8am on Monday. Can anyone tell me if going to one counter or another means anything at all?

I havent read anything on here about if the counter has anything to do with the results, but we will pray for good results. I wonder for the people that were clear if they had to go back to St. Lukes for the results...hmm

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

My wife called today to get results of Sputum culture. Of course they couldn't give result over the phone but they told her to report to Counter M at 8am on Monday. Can anyone tell me if going to one counter or another means anything at all?

Yes, If results are negative or positive one must still go back to St. Luke's for the results,She has to get the envelope they give her for the interview if she passed. They did not take my finance's passport since she had to do the Sputum test also. So this is another reason for her to return. I have read on a couple of different post that some were told that the results were negative and others were told they had to wait until they returned to get the results. Just have her bring clothing with her and all her documents cause from what I have seen on the post here if she has passed then they will expedite her interview within days of the results being given to her.

As for being told to return to Counter M, I am quite sure this is where she needs to go for getting the results. Nothing to worry about!

Good Luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hint that the result of sputum is negative, is when they told you that you have to go back for immunization because they will not give immunization when your result is positive for the reason of you will undergo treatment for 6 months.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

I hope giving a specific time is not a bad sign.

In my case, I got the result over the phone and was told to come on in anytime I can to do the immunization and to get the whole medical result.

Good luck. Hope your wife passed the culture test.

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Timeline

Hi everyone!

I had my sputum exam in December 2009 and was told to call for a follow-up on my sputum culture result last Feb 15, 2010.

Yes, I called them. Then , a guy told me to bring with me my passport and receipt on Feb 16, 2010. I told him, I was still in the province and asked if I could come on the 17th? And yes, he nicely agreed. Although I already know that I got a negative result since he said that I was to report to SLMEC for immunization, I still nicely asked of the result. And he said that my culture exam tested negative.

I was so overwhelmingly happy.

He also asked what time could I come to the clinic on the 17th of Feb, and I said at 1pm then. I guess, he had to confirm my date and time of appointment, because, when I presented my receipt and passport to the guard, I saw my record at the computer with the note : "APPOINTMENT AT 1:00 pm. I was directed to counter M and talked to Sir Clark. And that guy Clark told me to go to 2nd floor for immunization. Upstairs, I needed not to wait longer, and in fact I was called far earlier and faster compared to others. Immunization interview and immunization itself happened really quick. I need not to fall in line and wait. I guess, it was because I confirmed my time and date of appointment.

Also, I have learned from a personnel himself in the ground floor, when I submitted my passport, that I could have set my interview date that time when I called for my culture result. He set my interview on Feb 23, which was Monday. But since staying longer in Manila would cost so much, I told him that staying in a hotel is costly and asked if I could have my interview on the 19th. And he understood, smiled, and said, Ok..... I finished everything, including the repeat pregnancy test, in less than 3 hours. But I got out of the clinic around 6pm, coz I waited for another girl who became my friend then inside the clinic, who was also a Bisaya.

Be prepared for the after effects of the vaccines as I was feverish when I got out of the clinic.

P.S. I went to the clinic straight from the airport. I left my luggage at a photocopier right in front. The woman managing the photocopier is a Bisaya. I gave her 50 pesos after. hehehhehe....

That's all for now. goodnight everyone. Thanks for reading!

I hope giving a specific time is not a bad sign.

I hope so too,cuz in my case when i called SLEC they told me to report anytime from monday-thursday and bring my passport!!!Goodluck and hope everything goes well.

= Lifting Conditional Status =

=TIMELINE=

June 01, 2012 = Date Filed

2uy0dqv9l9c.png

[GOD,i thank you so much for answering my prayers..Thank you so much...

P.S. I went to the clinic straight from the airport. I left my luggage at a photocopier right in front. The woman managing the photocopier is a Bisaya. I gave her 50 pesos after. hehehhehe....

I did the same thing, plane landed in Manila at 8am, headed straight to the clinic, got there at 9:15. I was finished at around 10:30 but my medical records were released at 5pm :angry::angry: so I ended up staying in the hotel. :whistle: I bought a round trip ticket assuming that I will be done early but I was wrong so my ticket back to the province was forfeited. :crying: I was dissapointed about the long wait, me staying at the hotel and my ticket going to the trash but I was also happy bcoz I knew from that moment that I will be with my husband very soon.

Congratulations on your visa approval, by the way.

Have a safe trip soon!

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.