~Johnny~

Why a Filipna???? Tips?? Lessons?

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Okay...I apologize if this has been touched on but I searched and searched and didn't come with my answers. There's a post earlier on why filipinas marry westerners....but not what I'm looking for....Soooooo here goes:

This past New Year's Eve I attended a party with my future inlaws, and future cousin inlaws....minus my future wife (She's in PI). Long story, but lots of her family live here in SoCal. Well, it seems most of the night, the men folks hung out outside by the pool bar and the women folk were inside singing Filipino Karaoke... yeah and quite loudly too... The men were all chatting and saying how demanding their women were....and while some stories were very funny..and some were not so funny.. I asked the question... So...why did you marry her? And are you guys happy?? Everyone still answered because she's wonderful, faithful and I love her and most guys said, yes we're happy...some have been married 20+ yrs (western guys and filipina) and still joked about their wives having their nuts in a vise... So my questions to you VJ'rs with filipina wives are:

1. Why do you decide a filipina sweetheart was the perfect girl for you? (aside from obvious reasons, such as beauty and family oriented)

2. If you've been married a while now, how's things going? Are you happy with each other?

3. Are there things you wish you could change?

4. If you had this to do all over again, would you?

5. Any tips for a future newlywed?

Please keep answers civil as this post is not intended to poke fun at current relationships. I'm just curious if people are actually happy and satisfied with this serious life change on two lives and entire families from different continents.

Edited by duplantisjj

~Johnny~

I wish I can convince my husband to respond to this but I have asked him these questions before so i'll tell you about it. And as a filipina, I also want to answer this...if it's ok :D

1.) Why filipina: He said he wasn't really pursuing to marry a filipina in particular and he wasn't even thinking of getting married that time (@ 34) until he found me. First thing he likes about me when we first talked online was my sarcasm and being a "smart-@s$" lol he thought hmmm...interesting. So we communicate everyday and got to know each other better and later he realized that I am the kind of woman that he wish to be with for life...and i feel the same way for him. So we got married! He married me not because I am a filipina...he doesn't even look at me as a filipina but as a person of who I am. Yes we hear a lot of nice things about filipinas but I think NOT all of us are the same...so with other race. :)

2.) Yes, we are very happy with each other. I hope my husband feels the same too, LOL ok we find each other annoying sometimes, but yes we are happy and in love as always. We get arguments and stuff like normal couples do...but the make up part is the best thing about it. ;)

3.) There is nothing I wish to change about us...this is how we fell in love...so this is how we gonns live. Ok, if there is one thing I want to change now...our address. I wish we live in the Philippines, so I don't have to deal with snow and cold (grrr) LOL

4.) Yes, I want to fall in love with him over and over again if I will be given a chance :D the only part that I don't wanna do again is the VISA process hehehe...but if thats what it takes to be with him then yes.

5.) Tips for the newlywed: Ummm...so far I've only been married for almost 2 yrs now. What I have learned from this marriage is patience...MORE patience! :D Yep the wedding is nice, sweet and like a fairytale but to keep the marriage alive is a LOT of drama, actions and suspense LOL. Don't spend too much time worrying about the future...you enjoy each others company and compliment each other. Oh when you are mad and sometimes you want to strangle your partner...try to look at her/him when they're sleeping...it will calm you down and you will think she/he's an angel...then the next thing u want to do is reach her/him and kiss. It works for me ;)

Best wishes to both of you! Have a happy marriage :)

ZlYHm6.png

Wife here. I asked my husband and here's his answers.

1. Why do you decide a filipina sweetheart was the perfect girl for you? (aside from obvious reasons, such as beauty and family oriented)

"It's a silly question. I didn't find looking for a Filipina, I just found you."

2. If you've been married a while now, how's things going? Are you happy with each other?

"Yeah, happy mostly. Just like other relationships, there are ups and downs."

3. Are there things you wish you could change?

"Yeah, your moodiness."

4. If you had this to do all over again, would you?

"Of course."

5. Any tips for a future newlywed?

"Be patient with your spouse."

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
all i can say is if this turns into an american woman bashing thread like they all do, im reporting it so be careful!!

and i'll be locking it.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks for the great reponses from the wives... :)

I never meant this be any type of bashing American (or other ethnic group) thread. That's why I never asked the question "filipina vs americana". That's a pointless discussion and doesn't deserve anyone's time. I was more interested in the existing relationships from VJ'rs and how things are progressing with cultural differences between two totally different cultural unions. Mainly how the new bride and groom have found ways to work together and respect each other. Maybe people could say things that worked for them, or things that didn't work. I can already see paitence is one key that has been repeated a few times.

Surprising though how some threads, which have UNBELIEVABLE replies, such as that "money shot" thread continue without threat, but a serious post about how to have a good, lasting relationship is threatened with lock before it even starts. :huh:

Edited by duplantisjj

~Johnny~

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the warning Charles, I hope everyone will behave and be nice.

I can only advice on the newlywed part, and I think that's pretty general no matter where your partner is from.

Get to know your partner very well before marriage and be very clear on things such as future goals especially when it comes to where you want to both live and what type of housing, where you see yourself in 5 or 10 years - does it match up with her idea? if either of you need to finish a degree go back to school discuss the implications, make sure you both understand your budget clearly and what income is being generate and what debt is owned and expenses per month by both so there are no surprises afterward, make sure you're clear on who does what type of chores around the house and that you're not marrying a dirty lazy azz, about hobbies and interests make sure you have atleast some things in common so you can enjoy life together, turn off that tv and learn to do something new and fun together, go away on trips and have a lot of sex B)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't marry a Filipina or an American or an Irish or a Kenyan. Marry the woman you're in love with. Marry the woman that matches your goals, your ideals, your faith, your morals, your retirement plans, your ideas for size of family desired, your ideas of ideal financial success level.... etc. MOST OF ALL marry the woman who makes your heart rush, that you can't stop thinking about even if you try to because you're mad at her. The one you'll forgive anything... And, people will probably complain that I'll say this, but also marry the woman you are sexually compatible with, sex drive, open or closed-mindedness, etc. Without sex it's just a very close friendship and room-mate. Physical attraction is only important for the beginning until you develop deeper feelings, but it has to be there too.

Having dated a lot in my younger years (my first marriage was at age 33), I can tell you from very personal experience, NO TWO WOMEN are the same. I've dated mostly American women, but also one from Peru, one from Spain, and a previous Pinay. All were already in the U.S. and legal status. This is the first relationship I ever had from afar and didn't intend it to ever happen, it just happened. We started out friends from a social networking site, very casual. I always liked talking to her, joking and laughing and I just always wanted to talk to her more and more. We found we had more and more and more in common and I just became more and more convinced this could really turn into something very great.

The Pinay I dated before is COMPLETELY different from my fiancee. Like cast from completely different molds. To find anything they had in common besides hair color and gender would be very difficult.

Your topic is the same as "who's married to a brunette, what do you like or what don't you like". Or, "who's married to a Pisces/ Aries/ Sagitarrius and how is that going for you" (actually that group might have more in common than the 45 MILLION or so women you just lumped together), or who's married to a woman under 5'5" and how's her cooking?

K1:

Began chatting online 1-2-09, Met in Philippines 9-5 to 9-15-09, Mailed I-129F 9-17-09, I-129F delivered by USPS 9-21-09, Check cashed 9-21-09, NOA1 issued 9-21-09, NOA1 paper copy received 9-28-09, NOA2 issued 12-18-09, NVC received date 12-24-09, NOA2 paper copy received 12-28-09, NVC sent date 12-29-09, Embassy received date 01-05-10, Medical 01-07-10 & 01-11-10 approved/ passed, Interview date 01-14-10 APPROVED! MY HONEY'S COMING!, Visa delivered 1-27-10 Manila time, Arrival in U.S. 2-4-10 POE Minneapolis/ St. Paul

Married! 2-14-10 in Las Vegas

AOS:

Applied for SSN 2-17-10 Received SSN and Cert. Marriage Cert. 3-2-10

Mailed AOS packet 3-3-10

AOS paperwork confirmed delivered 3-4-10

Email/ text notification of NOA1s 3-12-10

*touch* 3-15-10 AOS & EAD

Paper copy NOA1s received 3-16-10

*touch* 3-17-10 AOS & EAD

Received biometrics appointment letter 3-20-10, appointment set for 4-12-10

Case transferred to CSC 3-31-10!! Yay!!

Received email notice 4-6-10 I-485 received at CSC

Biometrics done 4-12-10, Milwaukee, WI ASC

Vicky got her driving permit, 4-12-10

*touch* 4-13-10 AOS & EAD

*touch* 4-21-10 AOS only

*touch* 4-22-10 AOS only

EAD card production ordered 5-14-10.

*touch* 5-17-10 EAD only

EAD card production ordered 5-19-10 (again?)

Received "Welcome to USA" letter 5-25-10, permanent resident application approved!

EAD card received 5-29-10

Greencard received 6-11-10

Positive pregnancy test 6-12-10

Timeline
all i can say is if this turns into an american woman bashing thread like they all do, im reporting it so be careful!!

will you chill out !!!!!!! I can see what he wants to know but might not have worded it the proper way since it is obvious u are a female and assume people want to attack!!!!!.............To the OP all I can say is for me personally It comes down do careing and her being family orientated !!!!!! Also with the upbringing of only one guy for there life is very encouraging for me since I do have 2 children and she is willing to accept them as gher own!!!!.....And to Donna you should be the one reported since that is baiting and u just want that attention!!! we have a saying for that over here it is called an attention ........well i wont say the rest

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

Timeline
Don't marry a Filipina or an American or an Irish or a Kenyan. Marry the woman you're in love with. Marry the woman that matches your goals, your ideals, your faith, your morals, your retirement plans, your ideas for size of family desired, your ideas of ideal financial success level.... etc. MOST OF ALL marry the woman who makes your heart rush, that you can't stop thinking about even if you try to because you're mad at her. The one you'll forgive anything... And, people will probably complain that I'll say this, but also marry the woman you are sexually compatible with, sex drive, open or closed-mindedness, etc. Without sex it's just a very close friendship and room-mate. Physical attraction is only important for the beginning until you develop deeper feelings, but it has to be there too.

Having dated a lot in my younger years (my first marriage was at age 33), I can tell you from very personal experience, NO TWO WOMEN are the same. I've dated mostly American women, but also one from Peru, one from Spain, and a previous Pinay. All were already in the U.S. and legal status. This is the first relationship I ever had from afar and didn't intend it to ever happen, it just happened. We started out friends from a social networking site, very casual. I always liked talking to her, joking and laughing and I just always wanted to talk to her more and more. We found we had more and more and more in common and I just became more and more convinced this could really turn into something very great.

The Pinay I dated before is COMPLETELY different from my fiancee. Like cast from completely different molds. To find anything they had in common besides hair color and gender would be very difficult.

Your topic is the same as "who's married to a brunette, what do you like or what don't you like". Or, "who's married to a Pisces/ Aries/ Sagitarrius and how is that going for you" (actually that group might have more in common than the 45 MILLION or so women you just lumped together), or who's married to a woman under 5'5" and how's her cooking?

dane that is a great way to put it !!!!!

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

Filed: Timeline

Kudos Kudos Kudos !! :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline
will you chill out !!!!!!! I can see what he wants to know but might not have worded it the proper way since it is obvious u are a female and assume people want to attack!!!!!.............To the OP all I can say is for me personally It comes down do careing and her being family orientated !!!!!! Also with the upbringing of only one guy for there life is very encouraging for me since I do have 2 children and she is willing to accept them as gher own!!!!.....And to Donna you should be the one reported since that is baiting and u just want that attention!!! we have a saying for that over here it is called an attention ........well i wont say the rest

excuse me but u dont know me so u have no right to call me an attention ####### (am i right?) i just speak from experience and i see how these usually turn out and as you see charles already said it would be closed if it happens so he also knows what kind of threads these turn out to be so back off.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.