Berber Mama

Casablanca Consulate webpage

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just wondering if anyone had seen the infomation that was on the Casablanca consulate page providing information on documents needed to marry in Morocco.

I don't remember seeing this on there back in 2006 when I was searching. It's pretty sad that there are so many fraudulent marriages coming out of Morocco that they were compelled to try to "reason" with American women.

http://casablanca.usconsulate.gov/marriage_requirements.html

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

WOW. Hadn't seen it before, but it's an interesting sign of the times, isn't it? (Not specific to Morocco, I just mean in terms of internet relationships in general.) I didn't take the time to look, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are similar caveats on the consulate websites for other countries as well. I think it boils down to using common sense, but it's too bad that there are scammers who are making this kind of warning necessary, and making it hard for those of us who DO have bonafide relationships to be with our loved ones. It's a frustrating set of circumstances for both sides.......

Do you see how big the sea is?

Do you see how big the sea is? My love for you is as big as the sea.

Do you see how far the sky is? My love for you is as far as the sky.

As big as the sea and as far as the sky I love you,

I waited for you, I called upon you, I drew you on the promenades,

You sorrow of my life, you tears of the flowers, you season of the birds,

How vast the forest is, my heart is as vast as the forest.

You who are drawn on my door, and drawn in my heart,

I waited for you a year, and throughout the year I would ask the walnut trees,

and I would see you in the sunny days, coming from the sunny days, and lost in the almond leaves,

How small is a tear, and I am just a tear in your way,

I want to vow a candle so that you would let me love you.

Fayrouz's song

K-1 Visa

AOS,EAD,AP.

Greencard Received : 2010/10/02

Date AP Received : 2010-10-04

Date EAD Card Received : 2010-10-06

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I've never seen that there before but I think it's good advice for everyone. I hope it's on other consulate's websites because Morocco is certainly not the only country to see scam marriages.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

I think it is actually on the high risk consulates of Changdou, Manila, Lagos, and it might be on Cairo's - someone recently posted one for Tunisia and Algeria. I know that fraud happens everywhere as does love, but I would hope that people take these warnings for what they are worth. VisaJourney is such a small microcosm of the immigrant visa process, but the day-in/day-out visa scammers that the MENA consulates see is probably mind boggling. I actually wish that there could be a video taken at the USEMs where they show "A day in the life of a Casablanca (or insert other country here) Consulate Officer". I would love to see the guys that are coming up for their interview. Show the guy, show the pictures of his American fiance or wife, and show their evidence. What would we say to the images? What would we say to their relationship? What would VJ people come up with? Would it be "awwwwww, they are so in love!" Or would it be "#######?!?!?! F'ing scam artist!" I would also like to point out that this could and should be done with the Phillipines, Russia/Ukraine, and Nigerian consulates as well. Don't just limit it to MENA. That would be an awesome show. Just blur out the images of the people - let them justify their relationship and see how would you process them. Approve? Deny? AP? What would you do or say?

At the end of the day, it's about protecting US Citizens from being scammed. :thumbs:

Timeline
I think it is actually on the high risk consulates of Changdou, Manila, Lagos, and it might be on Cairo's - someone recently posted one for Tunisia and Algeria. I know that fraud happens everywhere as does love, but I would hope that people take these warnings for what they are worth. VisaJourney is such a small microcosm of the immigrant visa process, but the day-in/day-out visa scammers that the MENA consulates see is probably mind boggling. I actually wish that there could be a video taken at the USEMs where they show "A day in the life of a Casablanca (or insert other country here) Consulate Officer". I would love to see the guys that are coming up for their interview. Show the guy, show the pictures of his American fiance or wife, and show their evidence. What would we say to the images? What would we say to their relationship? What would VJ people come up with? Would it be "awwwwww, they are so in love!" Or would it be "#######?!?!?! F'ing scam artist!" I would also like to point out that this could and should be done with the Phillipines, Russia/Ukraine, and Nigerian consulates as well. Don't just limit it to MENA. That would be an awesome show. Just blur out the images of the people - let them justify their relationship and see how would you process them. Approve? Deny? AP? What would you do or say?

At the end of the day, it's about protecting US Citizens from being scammed. :thumbs:

LOL!

I tried to look up the Egyptian consulate for the same information. I found a page about marriage updated last 7/2009 and it didn't have the same info.

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would totally add that to my TiVo, along with Hoarders, Intervention, and 16 and Pregnant.. that would be a great show! You should pitch it to A&E or TLC!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
I would totally add that to my TiVo, along with Hoarders, Intervention, and 16 and Pregnant.. that would be a great show! You should pitch it to A&E or TLC!

I should! That would be an awesome show!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was looking at the list from the site about marriage in Morocco. Before Wael and I married in Alexandria (also filing a DCF) I had to have everything on that list except the police report. Our first

trip to the Embassy was obtaining the notarization to marry. I thought most MENA countries had

the same or almost the same requirements.

Reading over this site it saddens me to see just how much fraud is going on and seems to be

getting worse.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

Unfortunately though, however many warnings the consulate wants to post, 9 times out of 10 the person being scammed doesn't see themselves as being scammed.

That's the problem.

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Filed: Timeline

My daughter is here because my ex met a girl online on yahoo who was a year younger and smashingly beautiful. He went over there in 1995 and she dcf'd for him and he arrived in 1996 according to his immigration papers and left her in 1997. If they would have applied a "looks formula" Staashi, he would have passed. If they would have applied the short courtship rule, they wouldnt have. I have a child as a result of an American girl who I now know ( we friended on myspace and facebook) and none of these oooooooooooh gross rules would have applied. And it isnt just Casa now. Algiers is very tough now thanks to several cases coming through there and USCIS actually fowards letters and complaints after failed petitions to the consulates. Back in 1995 , there were not many cases of this but now with internet cafes on every corner and men staying up all night looking for someone to talk to, its going to be more and more common. Back in the 1990s, most couples met the traditional way and consulates never faced this. Same thing with Algiers. Very few people travelled there. Now with the internet, men just drive to Tunis, the women never meet their families and boom..they are married. You had to expect that eventually the consulates would get wise to this and they have.

I feel sorry for legitamate couples who get snared in this because I have known age disparity couples personally that had a lot of love between them.

I also have seen that this is a taboo subject and if you even discuss it, you are racist or this or that and much of the reason that there is no dialogue is often an inability or refusal to admit that it exists. I am glad the consulates are posting this and I am glad they are vigilant. I can only hope that true love isnt destroyed because of their vigilance and peoples lives ruined.I am very grateful to USCIS, NVC and to the consulates for being vigilant about protecting American citizens who often are truly naive and innocent from predatory scammers who use love as a bait and at the end of the day, they see it every day and in volumes and probably catch more bad people than ensnare good ones...

I just can only feel bad for good people ensnared in this "love dragnet" or whatever you want to call it.

The consulates monitor immigration sites and message boards and well as user groups.. Thats their job..The arabs have the "arab street" So does the immigration forums....They read and research daily

Filed: Timeline
I should! That would be an awesome show!

http://thejakartaglobe.com/culture/online-...an-wives/317773

This is a site about online shopping for wives from Morocco by Turkish men so I guess there are other people getting married in Morocco

This guy is a total racist in many ways but he has a very interesting immigration blog where women tell their stories. It has thousands of entries ( more than 80000 and plenty of stories about the consulates and marriage etc in Morocco

http://www.danielpipes.org/comments/141134

I guess you can really never know but just love as hard as you can and hope for the best

is it not a tos violation to provide links to websites that prominently display and promote hate speech? and i am utterly appalled and flabbergasted that a member of this website would seek to encourage others here to read this garbage. how is anyone on this website served by visiting an immigration blog on the website of one of the trashiest bigots on the internet, when it comes to mena? if stormfront.org had a totally b!tchin' immigration blog on their piece of garbage website, would you have any qualms directing readers of this website to check it out too? unfreakingbelievable.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
is it not a tos violation to provide links to websites that prominently display and promote hate speech? and i am utterly appalled and flabbergasted that a member of this website would seek to encourage others here to read this garbage. how is anyone on this website served by visiting an immigration blog on the website of one of the trashiest bigots on the internet, when it comes to mena? if stormfront.org had a totally b!tchin' immigration blog on their piece of garbage website, would you have any qualms directing readers of this website to check it out too? unfreakingbelievable.

I can not speak for others. I can only speak for myself. However, I do not believe that what the CO posted was uncalled for. They post what they believe is in the best interest of "people". I am sorry to took offense to this. Maybe you have reason to! I personally am thankful someone other then myself is looking out for my best interest as well as anyone else!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I can not speak for others. I can only speak for myself. However, I do not believe that what the CO posted was uncalled for. They post what they believe is in the best interest of "people". I am sorry to took offense to this. Maybe you have reason to! I personally am thankful someone other then myself is looking out for my best interest as well as anyone else!

Daniel Pipes is not looking out for your best interests.. the entire site is leaning in a particular direction.. scan though the section warning American women about Moroccan men.. I've posted both good and bad experiences on there.. only the bad got any kind of feedback.. They feed into each other's negativity on there.. You'd be far better off looking out for your own best interests, imho.. :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.