Ma Vie

Proof of Financial Support at Interview

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Everyone! I am so confused.. My fiance has his interview in 3 weeks and I received a letter stating the paperwork was sent to Casablanca.. My fiance received 8 pages to be filled out.. He faxed to me the papers to review and on one of the papers is states to attached "Proof of Financial Support". They did not ask this from me, it is a paper HE needs to fill out. I read previously this "proof of finances" comes AFTER (and IF) he is approved and in the USA. Do I need to send him copies of my tax returns, pay stubs, etc.? I mean they asked NOTHING from me.. I am confused and I don't want anything to go wrong.. Thank you to one and all who can help.. P.S. My 2008 was filed electronically and since then my computer crashed and I do NOT have a copy from 2008 (previous years I do, just not 2008). I do, however, have the W-2's.. I can't believe we came this far and this small items could have been overlooked because nothing came to me.. THAHK YOU AGAIN ONE AND ALL!

Hi Everyone! I am so confused.. My fiance has his interview in 3 weeks and I received a letter stating the paperwork was sent to Casablanca.. My fiance received 8 pages to be filled out.. He faxed to me the papers to review and on one of the papers is states to attached "Proof of Financial Support". They did not ask this from me, it is a paper HE needs to fill out. I read previously this "proof of finances" comes AFTER (and IF) he is approved and in the USA. Do I need to send him copies of my tax returns, pay stubs, etc.? I mean they asked NOTHING from me.. I am confused and I don't want anything to go wrong.. Thank you to one and all who can help.. P.S. My 2008 was filed electronically and since then my computer crashed and I do NOT have a copy from 2008 (previous years I do, just not 2008). I do, however, have the W-2's.. I can't believe we came this far and this small items could have been overlooked because nothing came to me.. THAHK YOU AGAIN ONE AND ALL!

This is the wrong forum - you should post this in a more appropriate one so you can get better readers who are more familiar with this situation.

But to answer your question, yes, USCIS usually is interested in your income and whether or not you earn enough to sponsor your fiance. You can call the IRS and request copies of your 2008 transcripts. It might be worth faxing or FedEx-ing your transcripts and pay stubs to him.

Edited by v333k

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Moved from ROC to Embassy

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Thank you for moving this to the correct place.. I am sorry this is my first question and I didn't know where to put it..

I just don't understand why I didn't get a request for this and it was a small 1 line request on my fiances papers.. I am putting everything I can find into a PDF and emailing it to him and then faxing and also if I must I will send it 2 day air via USPS..

I appreciate everyone and anyone who can help.. Thank you..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You need to supply an I-134 to your fiance for the interview. That is his proof of financial support. Read in the MENA regional forum to get info from other VJ members that have gone through Casa.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Thank you for moving this to the correct place.. I am sorry this is my first question and I didn't know where to put it..

I just don't understand why I didn't get a request for this and it was a small 1 line request on my fiances papers.. I am putting everything I can find into a PDF and emailing it to him and then faxing and also if I must I will send it 2 day air via USPS..

The request happened when they sent the package of forms to your benificiary.

V333K gave your the answer on how to get the transcripts you need (if you use them, you do not need your w-2/1040)

Perhaps you should follow the instructions for the K-1 - pay attention to the What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2): section.

Edited by Bobby+Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You need to prove finances twice. Once to issue the visa at the interview and once for AOS after he arrives. Order a transcript of your 2008 taxes from the IRS. If you have a fax number they can fax them to you. If you do not have a fax machine find a local public fax machine, such as a Kinko's and have them sent there. If you do it by mail you could be waiting a couple weeks. Fedex it to him when you have it.

The proof of financial support YOU need to fill out, use the I-134 form and attach supporting documents, tax returns, letters from employer, recent check stubs.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is covered in the guides and instructions for one thing here at this site. It is a major topic of discussion in this forum. The I-134 must have an original signature so you will be Fedex'ing that one.

Your fiancee is sent this information because HE is applying for the visa, not you. HE is supposed to let you know what he needs from you. Just as you got the letter of intent and G-325a from him for the petition. All of the forms and instructions for the interview (packet 3) are available here at this website and from the consulate website. You do not need to wait for them to send anything to you. We had all our interview documents finished (except the I-134) before filing the petition. You can also have all the AOS documents prepared now also for when he arrives, get married, make a couple copies and send it off.

In this process, and you have a lot more to go through, everything you need is there for you to read and learn. Do not count on anyone else to "tell you" what to do, that is your job.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
It is covered in the guides and instructions for one thing here at this site. It is a major topic of discussion in this forum. The I-134 must have an original signature so you will be Fedex'ing that one.

Your fiancee is sent this information because HE is applying for the visa, not you. HE is supposed to let you know what he needs from you. Just as you got the letter of intent and G-325a from him for the petition. All of the forms and instructions for the interview (packet 3) are available here at this website and from the consulate website. You do not need to wait for them to send anything to you. We had all our interview documents finished (except the I-134) before filing the petition. You can also have all the AOS documents prepared now also for when he arrives, get married, make a couple copies and send it off.

In this process, and you have a lot more to go through, everything you need is there for you to read and learn. Do not count on anyone else to "tell you" what to do, that is your job.

Listen to "The Gary"...he is wise and unforgiving :star: Move quickly if the interview is in three weeks...it will be tight, but with faxing and FedEx you can accomplish this before the interview date. :thumbs:

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I-134 - you need! Get !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thank you to everyone.. Yes, it is MY responsibility and I really thought I had it all together.. I can get the forms together and will have to either Fed-Ex the form with my original signature.. I knew I needed proof of Finanical Support, and have been gathering tax forms, pay stubs, letter from employer, but I thought it was for after (if) he is granted his VISA and in the USA.. God has helped me this far and I will continue to have my faith.. Thanks again to all of you..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

As far as i know , your fiancee will need the following to proof your full sponsorship and support since he will be waiting for a while to get his Social security number and employment authorization.

- A letter from your employer stating the fact that you have a steady job and a reasonable salary for support.

- you will need to send him your pay stubs, recent ones if possible.

- letter from bank that contains your current bank transactions.

I am also waiting for my interview at the Casa US consulate, Good luck guys.

Our Journey :

08.15.2009 - I-129F sent off via usps registered mail!!
09.02.2009 - Check Cashed
09.08.2009 - NOA1 issued
12.15.2009 - NOA2 Approved !
12.23.2009 - USCIS sent the pack to NVC
01.07.2010 - NVC sent the pack to the US consulate
01.15.2010- Emailed the Consulate, they informed us that they received the file.
01.26.2010- Received the package 3.
02.16.2010- INTERVIEW passed, Visa received. Yuppiedancin5hr.gif !!
02.27.2010- US Port of Entry, New York - JFK.
03.02.2010- Got married in San Fran, California.
03.20.2010- Applied for SSN
04.03.2010- SSN received

04.03.2010- Filed Adjustment of Status (AOS) to Chicago ,IL
04.09.2010- check cashed and application received
04.26.2010- Application forwarded to CSC
05.17.2010- Biometrics taken in less than 10 minutes!!
08-19-2010 Green Card receiveddancin5hr.gif

06-05-2012 I-751 (removal of conditions) ROC filed
06-14-2012 NOA 1 received
07-19-2012 Bios taken in less than 10 minutes again!!

After long wait................................sleepy.gif
02/04/2013 Green card received

05/24/2013: N-400 filed via certified mail.
05/28/2013: N-400 was delivered
06/03/2013: N-400 received

NOA to be sent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

For a better understanding of the financial support case, you can download and read the instructions of I-134 Affidavit of support

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

Good luck

Our Journey :

08.15.2009 - I-129F sent off via usps registered mail!!
09.02.2009 - Check Cashed
09.08.2009 - NOA1 issued
12.15.2009 - NOA2 Approved !
12.23.2009 - USCIS sent the pack to NVC
01.07.2010 - NVC sent the pack to the US consulate
01.15.2010- Emailed the Consulate, they informed us that they received the file.
01.26.2010- Received the package 3.
02.16.2010- INTERVIEW passed, Visa received. Yuppiedancin5hr.gif !!
02.27.2010- US Port of Entry, New York - JFK.
03.02.2010- Got married in San Fran, California.
03.20.2010- Applied for SSN
04.03.2010- SSN received

04.03.2010- Filed Adjustment of Status (AOS) to Chicago ,IL
04.09.2010- check cashed and application received
04.26.2010- Application forwarded to CSC
05.17.2010- Biometrics taken in less than 10 minutes!!
08-19-2010 Green Card receiveddancin5hr.gif

06-05-2012 I-751 (removal of conditions) ROC filed
06-14-2012 NOA 1 received
07-19-2012 Bios taken in less than 10 minutes again!!

After long wait................................sleepy.gif
02/04/2013 Green card received

05/24/2013: N-400 filed via certified mail.
05/28/2013: N-400 was delivered
06/03/2013: N-400 received

NOA to be sent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.