Sprailenes

Kraft dinner is our national food!

71 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Huggles: LMAO!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: oh wow! that was good for a laugh! However I'd like to point out that my American husband loves Kraft Dinner a lot more than I do :P

This kinda reminds me of when I was in the 5th grade... We were learning about native culture and each of us had to do a project on a specific native group that was assigned to you. So I ended up with the Ojibwa... And lets keep in mind that this is before the internet era and grade school libraries totally suck. Long story short, the entire board was filled with pictures of Shania Twain :wacko: I couldn't find any valuable information!

Didn't you have a public library where you lived? :blink: What's sad, is that Shania Twain, from what I had heard anyway, who used to profess her "native heritage", was actually not? Her Mother married a man of First Nation descent, but her biological father wasn't First Nation. That was my understanding anyway. I remember the hooflah when all of this came out.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Funny thread. I actually had Kraft Mac and Cheese last night. I'm not weird like a lot of people though with it. My one friend in Canada would put freaking tabasco, ketchup and saurkraut in his Mac and Cheese.

I've heard of others (some one here) with tabasco or just ketchup. Eewwww. Sorry I like it just the way it is, tiny drop of milk, cheese and a bit of salt. Oh and they have to be Kraft Spiral Mac and Cheese...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Didn't you have a public library where you lived? :blink: What's sad, is that Shania Twain, from what I had heard anyway, who used to profess her "native heritage", was actually not? Her Mother married a man of First Nation descent, but her biological father wasn't First Nation. That was my understanding anyway. I remember the hooflah when all of this came out.

This true, he was from bear island near temagami. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
This was kind of my concern too - what mark did this project get? If it got an A that is disturbing - if it got a C, well, ok. It sounds like they used South Park as their research source.

I don't know what he got. He was in sixth grade and he seemed very proud of it as he was standing there informing all the parents of our national foods and such. There was more on the board too, like that we enjoyed fiddlehead stew. I've never had fiddlehead stew myself, but I know that fiddleheads grow like dandilions on the side of the roads near where my mom lives. :lol:

My mother thinks I should write the school a letter, but I mean, why bother? I don't even know if it would do any good. It's more funny to me than anything. I should have said something yesterday but the boy was really proud of his project and "knowledge".

I didn't take it too seriously, I just found it funny.

I mean some kids had projects on Puerto Rico and all they wrote about was baseball players.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
This was kind of my concern too - what mark did this project get? If it got an A that is disturbing - if it got a C, well, ok. It sounds like they used South Park as their research source.

I'm not sure what they teach kids today about Canada. I'm sure I'll find out as my girls are in elementary school now.

But, when I was a kid growing up in Minnesota (a border state mind you!), I learned nadda, zip, zero about Canada. I couldn't tell you the names of the Provinces, or any of your Prime Ministers. All I knew was that the Tundra is really cold and trees don't grow there. I think I learned that ya'll have eskimos, igloos, and speak French up there. :)

When I met Sean, I asked him really smart questions like, "You mean your whole family has always lived in Canada?" It just amazed me that generations of people lived in Canada. My oldest sister asked the same question, so I guess it amazed her too.

To be honest, I took a course in World Geography in middle school (I used to be able to find anything on the map geography-wise), and a World History course in High School, but beyond that it was all U.S. History, U.S. Government, etc. even in college.

I fail!

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

I'm not sure what they teach kids today about Canada. I'm sure I'll find out as my girls are in elementary school now.

But, when I was a kid growing up in Minnesota (a border state mind you!), I learned nadda, zip, zero about Canada. I couldn't tell you the names of the Provinces, or any of your Prime Ministers. All I knew was that the Tundra is really cold and trees don't grow there. I think I learned that ya'll have eskimos, igloos, and speak French up there. :)

When I met Sean, I asked him really smart questions like, "You mean your whole family has always lived in Canada?" It just amazed me that generations of people lived in Canada. My oldest sister asked the same question, so I guess it amazed her too.

To be honest, I took a course in World Geography in middle school (I used to be able to find anything on the map geography-wise), and a World History course in High School, but beyond that it was all U.S. History, U.S. Government, etc. even in college.

I fail!

Lol That's really surprising, growing up in Michigan I learned almost as much about the history of Canada as I did about the history of America. We were required to learn all about their political system, stuff about the provinces, and pretty much anything we'd need to know about America we had to know about Canada. The only thing I found odd was my teacher's intense need to explain that the White House wasn't actually burned down by Canada hahaha

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I don't know what he got. He was in sixth grade and he seemed very proud of it as he was standing there informing all the parents of our national foods and such. There was more on the board too, like that we enjoyed fiddlehead stew. I've never had fiddlehead stew myself, but I know that fiddleheads grow like dandilions on the side of the roads near where my mom lives. :lol:

My mother thinks I should write the school a letter, but I mean, why bother? I don't even know if it would do any good. It's more funny to me than anything. I should have said something yesterday but the boy was really proud of his project and "knowledge".

I didn't take it too seriously, I just found it funny.

I mean some kids had projects on Puerto Rico and all they wrote about was baseball players.

It's not like it was a high school project. The kids just did some research, probably on the internet or in the school library, and pulled out the fun facts. Kids love mac and cheese, so he was probably really excited when he found something about that. In elementary school, kids are just learning about doing research, not plagiarizing, using the poster boards and using computers, etc. to make a nice presentation.

The teacher probably graded not so much on content, but on the presentation, the amount of information, or whatever she had on her rubric of what was required for each project.

Lol That's really surprising, growing up in Michigan I learned almost as much about the history of Canada as I did about the history of America. We were required to learn all about their political system, stuff about the provinces, and pretty much anything we'd need to know about America we had to know about Canada. The only thing I found odd was my teacher's intense need to explain that the White House wasn't actually burned down by Canada hahaha

Did you learn all this in elementary school? I lived in Minnesota until 5th grade, and then moved to Florida. I know a lot about Cuba and Mexico lmao.

Edited by Arabella

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Did you learn all this in elementary school? I lived in Minnesota until 5th grade, and then moved to Florida. I know a lot about Cuba and Mexico lmao.

Haha When learning the states and capitals in 4th and fifth grade we also had to learn the provinces and their capitals. We didn't have to learn much about the history and everything though til late middle school and then high school. Funny thing I guess, we barely learned anything about Mexico though and Cuba was only brought up when discussing communism and Kennedy haha.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Timeline

Last year my son tried to correct his teacher regarding Niagara Falls and the teacher snapped at him, well I called the teacher and told her that my son was in fact correct and that she should appreciate the knowledge he was trying to bring to the class.

I did not get along with his teacher at all last year... oh man. She used to bring the principal in whenever we had meetings. :lol:

She was a beeeotch. He'd get all A's on his tests and she gave him a C at the end of the year.

Btw it had to do with Niagara Falls... yes she said it was one of the wonders of the USA, and Ethan said: "Oh it's part of Canada too" and she told him it wasn't, and he said it was, and then she told him that if he wanted to come up and teach the class for the rest of the day he was more than welcome to. She later said that she knew it was also a part of Canada, but that they were talking about the United States at that time, and that Ethan did not have to bring up Canada. Ethan brought up Canada too much is what she said.

I actually loved our meetings together... I must say that I do miss them. She was such an idiot.

Donne moi une poptart!

Sure is funny that when we're in school we think of teachers as all-knowing and not real people. Once a good friend of mine got a job teaching I realized that teachers can be huuuuuge dumbheads hahaha.

Timeline

Yea my son has had two teachers that were complete morons.

His teacher this year is great, she listens to him, appreciates him. I think that some people just shouldn't be teachers. You need heart to do a job like that.

Donne moi une poptart!

Well, better that the kid picked Kraft Dinner than turkeygas or honey milk. :blink:

How can the second link when you type "National Food of Canada" into Google be a Wikianswer that says ham, turkeygas and honey milk. I truly don't know what the latter two are!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

I'm trying to figure out where he got his information from. When I got home yesterday I did google Canada's national food and everything.

I don't get it.

Next year if Ethan gets Canada I'm going to tell him to put seal clubbing as our national sport.

Donne moi une poptart!

I'm trying to figure out where he got his information from. When I got home yesterday I did google Canada's national food and everything.

I don't get it.

Next year if Ethan gets Canada I'm going to tell him to put seal clubbing as our national sport.

Don't forget building igloos and riding penguins to school!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.