leith@Ievgeniia

trip to ukraine

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am off in 2 weeks to go and see my love Ievgeniia for 11 days.

i am very interested in the food and interesting things to see and do.

we will have just little time in kiev. my flight arrives at 1200 and train to her city leaves at 2100

we will end up in yalta for 5 days, that is very exciting for me. so much history in a very small area. any suggestions or places to eat in yalta?

things that one must do, eat see, or be?

this is so exciting!!! one year since we last been togher and 2 denied b-2 visas!! ugggggggggggggggggggggggggg

well i post in rub area for fun and interesting things and light topic area!!!

:dance: :dance: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

we will have just little time in kiev. my flight arrives at 1200 and train to her city leaves at 2100

we will end up in yalta for 5 days, that is very exciting for me. so much history in a very small area. any suggestions or places to eat in yalta?

this is so exciting!!! one year since we last been togher and 2 denied b-2 visas!! ugggggggggggggggggggggggggg

:dance: :dance: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Normally I would say stay off the waterfront, as the prices are quite a bit higher than just a block or two away, but at thiis time of year they may be all hungry for your business

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

There used to be this place, close to the waterfront that served really damn good food. I have no idea how it's called in English, but you can tell Evgeniya to look for this "охотничьи сосиски "

831559.jpg

Edited by Мартышк+Мартышка

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Too bad you are not going in warm weather as the area along the sea has wonderful restaurants. I recommend one that sits out on the water and looks kind of like a boat but oriental style. Sorry I don't remember the name as that was now six years ago.

But like it was said earlier, the crowds will be gone so prices should be pretty low.

If you have the time and desire, you might see about a tour of Massandra winery. I probably spelled that wrong but the phonetics are right.

Have fun. :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I was trying to write, Yalta is where the devil teleported that hapless theater director :blink:

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Timeline
Ahh, The Master and Margarita by Bulgakov. (forget his first name) GREAT book! I wish my Russian was to the point where I could read it in the original because as funny and satiric as it is, I'm sure I missed at least half of the nuances. :)

Mikhail.

I love Bulgakov, but "Master and Margarita" is the only thing people tend to read.

I like his other works much more.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline
Yeah, I'm one of those who have only read his one work. Someday I'll broaden my horizons. What other titles would you recommend?

"Notes of a Young Doctor" is my favorite

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

Be sure to bring warm clothes also. Yalta is more like Boston than Miami in winter. Maybe like Philadelphia, depends on the wind and currents at the time. Travel on the train 2nd class (it is the best value for the money) and buy out the whole "couper" (4 tickets) if you want privacy. The trains are remarkably reliable and exactly the same coaches used since before WW2. LOL I don't mind the trains at all, but they are hot in the summer and the Ukrainians will lynch you if you open a window!!!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Be sure to bring warm clothes also. Yalta is more like Boston than Miami in winter. Maybe like Philadelphia, depends on the wind and currents at the time. Travel on the train 2nd class (it is the best value for the money) and buy out the whole "couper" (4 tickets) if you want privacy. The trains are remarkably reliable and exactly the same coaches used since before WW2. LOL I don't mind the trains at all, but they are hot in the summer and the Ukrainians will lynch you if you open a window!!!

Yalta is warmer than Philly.

And yes, it will still be cold down there. Yalta is definitely no Miami. If you went in March - would be a whole different story though.

However, you might get lucky, might be 5-10 degrees Centigrade in 2 weeks.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Good idea about spending extra money to have a sleeper to yourself, if you can manage it. The bus ride from Simferopol to Yalta should be a little more exciting at this time of the year. Don't sit up front as you might not be able to handle the bus drivers moves. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

thanks all... wish i could go in warm weather, but work does not afford me that time. i woked 10 years on amtrak so use to trains and old 40's equipemnt!!!

well only few weeks and so excited....and then i am back to kiev for her interview when we get it...

and 3rd trip for her univ degree graduation and move ....wow....3 tirps in 6 months

delta will love me

hahahaha

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.