noorah

adjustments of status is denied

33 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Even if they did file the proper paperwork for Removal of Conditions, if it was received by USCIS after the Conditional Greencard expired then they are SOL as USCIS makes it very clear the ROC Application MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO THE EXPIRATION OF THE CONDITIONAL GREENCARD which is why we are given a 90 window BEFORE this date to apply.

Actually not, if you re-read the I-751 instructions, a late filed I-751 is not automatic grounds for denial.

You will then become removable from the United States. If your failure to file was through no fault of your own, you may file your petition late with a written explanation and request that USCIS excuse the late filing. Failure to file before the expiration date may be excused if you demonstrate when you submit the application that the delay was due to extraordinary circumstances beyond your control and that the length of the delay was reasonable.
Edited by payxibka

YMMV

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Actually not, if you re-read the I-751 instructions, a late filed I-751 is not automatic grounds for denial.

I haven't read the instruction yet, we're 20 months away from filing for ROC and the form may change between now & then so I'm not spending time worrying about it yet (will download the current form in 19 months and file exactly 90 days prior to wife & son's expiry date).

Regarding the OP, the denial reason he was given was that it was filed late.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Even if they did file the proper paperwork for Removal of Conditions, if it was received by USCIS after the Conditional Greencard expired then they are SOL as USCIS makes it very clear the ROC Application MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO THE EXPIRATION OF THE CONDITIONAL GREENCARD which is why we are given a 90 window BEFORE this date to apply.

yes you 100% :thumbs:

so is any advice please ? do I need attorney for this ? :help:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I haven't read the instruction yet, we're 20 months away from filing for ROC and the form may change between now & then so I'm not spending time worrying about it yet (will download the current form in 19 months and file exactly 90 days prior to wife & son's expiry date).

Regarding the OP, the denial reason he was given was that it was filed late.

but you were fairly adamant about the OP being SOL because he was late, when it is simply not the situation as you are not automatically SOL. There are several members who filed late and were still successful

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

In the latter I received from USCIS state clear is no written explanation why we fail late.

do I need attorney for this

You should probably speak with an immigration attorney. Why did you file late? Exigent circumstances can be taken into consideration, but they must be very compelling. Did you include any explanation with you application for your late filing? Does your denial letter give you options, and/or instructions for appealing your case?

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
In the latter I received from USCIS state clear is no written explanation why we fail late.

do I need attorney for this

An attorney may not be necessary if you feel you can take care of this on your own. That being said, you've already been confused by AOS and ROC. I would recomend that (if you can afford one) get yourself a lawyer. Mario Lovo is an immigration attorney in Miami. He's a few blocks west of the Palmeto Expressway and Flagler Street. His number is (305) 229-1994.

Good Luck

Edited by Bocajr27

Timeline
but you were fairly adamant about the OP being SOL because he was late, when it is simply not the situation as you are not automatically SOL. There are several members who filed late and were still successful

I don't know that I was "fairly adamant", I simply stated it once and then uppercased the information regarding when the ROC should be filed.

At the least the OP is "behind the 8-ball" on this as they have already received a denial with the reason being that their application was received after the expiry of the conditional greencard and no compelling reason for the late application was provided.

From the fact that it says a compelling reason for the delay is required and it sounds like (yes an assumption based on there being no mention of having a good reason) it may have simply been sloth on the OP's part then my assumption based on what information was given would be that he is SOL with regards to getting the ROC denial reversed.

So moving on I would ask the following questions if I was in the OP's shoes:

1. What is my status?

My opinion would be that he is now out of status as his LPR Status is considered abandoned. He did enter legally but is accruing Overstay days since the expiry of his conditional greencard. Would that be correct?

2. How can I get my status back to LPR?

If my first opinion is correct then is it possible for the USC Wife to file a new I-130 (and other forms required) for him to adjust status back to LRP without leaving the US? I guess if this is possible then it would be his best bet as if approved for AOS he would receive the 10 year greencard since they have been married for 2 years.

Edited by Bob 4 Anna

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This is what must have happened:

1. OP came to the US on CR-1 visa.

2. OP got confused about ROC and AOS and who know what form was actually filed.

Did you use a lawyer for that?

Let's be optimistic and say it was I-751.

3. The form was received by USCIS one day late and application thus was automatically denied, due to lack of a letter from OP, explaining the late filing.

(OP got confused again, as from his/her post it seems that USCIS received the application on Aug 7, and deadline was Aug 8).

4. Possible solutions:

A. Resend I-751 package with addition of a Letter Explaining the Late Filing.

B. File for AOS.

A is better than B because it is free and easy. If A does not work out, B can be used.

Constant confusion and poor English on the OP's part indeed call for a lawyer.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
they denied my AOS Because they received my AOS application one day latte. They receive the application an august 7 2009 and the last day was an AUG 8 but I mail the application before the died line.

Not correct. There is no deadline for filing the AOS. What exactly did the letter say. My guess is because you do not live together. babies are not evidence of being a legitimate couple, they are evidence someone had sexual intercourse.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Not correct. There is no deadline for filing the AOS. What exactly did the letter say. My guess is because you do not live together. babies are not evidence of being a legitimate couple, they are evidence someone had sexual intercourse.

He's not talking about AOS, he came here on CR-1 so he missed the deadline for Removal of Conditions...

Definitely lawyer time.

03/26/2009: NVC in
04/08/2009: Learned we are being screened for Additional Processing 'AP'
05/09/2009: Arrived at the US consulate in Bangkok
05/15/2009: Medical Passed
05/20/2009: Packet 3 received
05/21/2009: Packet 3 returned

07/08/2009: Interview
07/08/2009: issued 221(g) due to proof of single status document missing a stamp
07/20/2009: Resubmitted document with missing stamp. Accepted
07/23/2009: Visa issued

07/28/2009: POE JFK
07/31/2009: Married
09/02/2009: AOS submitted
09/10/2009 NOA1
09/25/2009: Case Transfered to CSC
10/13/2009 Biometrics
10/26/2009: Received EAD card
11/30/2009: RFE Delayed Birth Registration
12/31/2009: USCIS receives RFE reply
1/07/2010: Green Card Delivered
1/15/2010: Green Card Arrived

10/10/2011: Mailed in I-751 to remove conditions
10/20/2011: NOA1
11/28/2011: Biometrics
03/29/2012: RFE USCIS wants more proof of a bona fide relationship
04/03/2012: USCIS receives RFE reply
04/10/2012: Approval Letter
5/18/2012: Email notice that Green Card is being produced
5/24/2012: Green Card Arrived

10/07/14: N-400 mailed

11/12/14: Biometrics

12/5//14: In Line

03/25/15: Naturalization Ceremony: Journey Complete

Filed: Other Timeline
I did received a latter last night from USCIS they denied my cause for my wife AOS

I need some help please about what to do? Me and my wife we just had new baby about 5 month a go we do leave together in Florida for the last 2 years.

Does any one know a good attorney in Pembroke Pines or Miami area?

I am so worry right now and confused about what to do help me please .

You absolutely need an attorney for this. A good immigration attorney will either be able to refile the I-751 with a good reason for being late the first time, or he will file a completely new AOS for you. It's no fun, but you absolutely should take care of this right away.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.