tany1157

marriage in casa

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey guys, is 3 weeks enough time to get married in Morocco?? I hope so because I had to really fight to get that much time off work, my boss is awesome, but that is the absolute amount of time I can take. Thank you all for the input!!

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I can't help, but I have heard up to 1 month?! Is there anything that he can do before you actually arrive to make the process go faster? WHEN are you going?!!?!!!

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It depends on the size of the town and what kind of contacts your fiance has. We got married in Laayoune because my husband was working there and it took us from the first of May till the first of July to get approval. 2 months!

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Timeline
I can't help, but I have heard up to 1 month?! Is there anything that he can do before you actually arrive to make the process go faster? WHEN are you going?!!?!!!

I am leaving feb. 28, and returning march 21. My boss could only give me 2 weeks at first, but told him the next day that I needed another week. They were great, but did have to sign a letter stating that I will be back to work on March 22, and NO LATER!

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I've heard at least a month it takes. Unless your fiance has contact of some sorts to get the process done faster. Good luck!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline
I am leaving feb. 28, and returning march 21. My boss could only give me 2 weeks at first, but told him the next day that I needed another week. They were great, but did have to sign a letter stating that I will be back to work on March 22, and NO LATER!

Like others have said...it depends. I arrived on June 5 and we were married on June 27, but it depends on where you are and how fast you can get back and forth between Rabat and the court (over and over). There's paperwork AFTER you are married to turn in the marriage contract, get it translated, certified, etc. You can't do anything back here in the states with regards to changing your name without it and you need it to file the I-130. 3 weeks would make me very uneasy if I were going. I know it's not what you want to hear and I am sorry. But I believe the license is good for 3 months so maybe you can get things as far as you can and then go back again later, if it comes to that? Show your boss this page and the one on the Casa embassy website about marriage so he knows you're not making this all up. I know to us it sounds crazy, but this is really how long it takes.

6/27/2009 Married

10/20/2009 I-130 sent

10/28/2009 NOA1

2/8/2010 NOA2

2/12/2010 NVC received and case number assigned

2/19/2010 Gave NVC email addresses

2/19/2010 AOS/DS3032 generated (not related to giving the emails)

2/21/2010 Emailed DS3032

2/22/2010 Received DS3032 and AOS bill via email

2/23/2010 Paid AOS bill

2/25/2010 AOS bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

3/2/2010 Received IV bill

4/9/2010 Paid IV bill

4/12/2010 IV bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

4/13/2010 Mailed IV packet

4/15/2010 IV packet received and signed for

4/16/2010 AOS packet mailed

4/19/2010 AOS packet received and signed for

4/20/2010 AVR changed and states biographic documents received on 4/17/2010

4/24/2010 AVR notes AOS entered into system on 4/23/2010

4/28/2010 Sign-in fail and NVC operator confirms case complete

5/01/2010 Interview assigned!

6/16/2010 Medical Exam

6/29/2010 Interview Approved!

7/7/2010 Visa in hand!

7/22/2010 POE

ROC

5/15/2012 Mailed in I-751

5/16/2012 Received

6/5/2012 Check cashed

6/6/2012 NOA1 received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I hope you have a good time and are successful!! I wish I could go back with you! I miss my baby. His interview is next Tuesday and I am sooo nervous! I know everything will work out fine if it is meant to happen right now - I just don't know if I am strong enough for a denial right now - so that's not an option. :P lol I have the wedding date picked out too. lol - Im seriously a mess. :D But we all know that already.

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Arrive in Casa and go directly to the embassy to get the documents you need there to get married in Morocco. Have your husband get his police record and all of his necessary doc. BEFORE you get there. Also have him meet with the person that will marry you to get everything straight. It is possible but you will be constantly on the go, it helps if you know people if ya know what i mean lol. Good luck! I am proof that it can be done. Arrived in Morocco Dec. 17th and got married Dec. 27th 2008 :)

http://casablanca.usconsulate.gov/marriage_requirements.html

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Timeline
Arrive in Casa and go directly to the embassy to get the documents you need there to get married in Morocco. Have your husband get his police record and all of his necessary doc. BEFORE you get there. Also have him meet with the person that will marry you to get everything straight. It is possible but you will be constantly on the go, it helps if you know people if ya know what i mean lol. Good luck! I am proof that it can be done. Arrived in Morocco Dec. 17th and got married Dec. 27th 2008 :)

http://casablanca.usconsulate.gov/marriage_requirements.html

It took us about 15 days in Tetouan.

What Kenza said is great advice. Also scan all of the documents you're bringing and have him start getting them translated. This will save you at least a few days if you don't have to wait for translations!

Timeline

Thanks to you all who gave input!! :D

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Timeline

Make 3 copies of everything and have them stamped. Even the copies.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Looks like you're getting great advice, Kenza is absolutely on track when she says for him to gather his papers before you even get there. Insh'Allah you will be fine, it took us 3 weeks out of Kenitra.

If possible, plan on having extra money to grease the wheels if necessary, we ran into that constantly when babysitting our papers between court systems. We also had a family friend as a contact in the main court of Kenitra, and she was more than helpful by ensuring our papers didn't just sit. Also making triplicate copies of everything is extrmenly helpful.

When you go to the Consulate for the "Marriage Eligibility" document, there is another item you want to get from them up front in case you need it:

The court in Kenitra wanted a certified copy of my drivers license from the consulate in Casa. When I went to get this in Casa, they said "I don't know why local governments continue to ask for this, a drivers license is not issued by the Department of State and cannot be certified by us." So what the consulate did was they made a copy of my passport and certified that is was a true copy of the original and stamped it. I firmly believe that this is exactly what the court wanted, because they accepted it and moved our papers along to the next step.

One thing we did that we are so glad we did, was we had the adul make 3 originals of our marriage certificate. 1 was for the courts in Morocco, the other 2 were ours to keep (1 for me and 1 for hubby), but all 3 were equally stamped and valid originals. We received our 2 originals back from the adul when it was all completed.

Good luck to you!

(F)~Kiyah~(F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Timeline

I also meant to add that I know of a really good and affordable translator in Rabat. In many local towns, translations can be expensive and take a longer time than you have to work with and to rush them costs even more $$.

As soon as I get home from work I'll send you his name and address. He is fast, affordable, and very familiar with what you need for the Moroccan government.

(F)~kiyah~(F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Timeline

it CAN happen in 3 weeks with money and spending every min doing the running and dealing, have your translator lined up, maybe send some things ahead of time and have him already working on them etc

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.