speedracer2j

Wifes Visa APPROVED. Question on visa issue time?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Well my wife went to her appointment yesterday, which thank god was a month before we were slotted to have one. Everything was GREAT. She said they only asked about 4 questions, didnt want to see pictures or any evidence, and were REAL nice. She was in and out in about 30-45 minutes!!! But my question, the man told her, "normally it takes 2 weeks to issue the papers, but since I know you want to be with your husband i'll try to finish them in a week". Now to me, this sounds like quite a long time? How long is the average? On the embassies website it said they normally issue visas the same day for immigrants, but I guess THATS out the window! At any rate, its good news, and HOPEFULLY only a little more waiting!!!

July 29th 2009- Married in Baumholder, Germany

August 12th 2009- Filed the I-130 Petition in Frankfurt Germany w/ Panama City Panama, as the consulate.

September 9th 2009- I-130 Approved- Moving to NVC

October 6th- Recieve NVC # and AOS Bill

October 7th- Returned AOS bill

October 26th- IV Bill Paid and Showed "Paid" on Travel.State website

November 6th- NVC Recieves ds-230 and info

November 10th- NVC opens ds-230 packet

November 20th- Need more info- Marriage/Birth Certificate Not Valid

November 27th- Mailed off birth/marriage certificates with checklist letter

November 30th- They recieve checklist letter

December 4th- Checklist letter in system.

December 11th LOGIN FAILED!

December 12th Case Complete-4 months to the date I filed (as per NVC operator)

December 28th Appointment Letter Recieved for Febuary 18th

December 29th Packet left NVC for Embassy in Panama

December 31st Recieved email from embassy stating we will be able to get earlier appointment!!!

January 4th, 2010 Embassy gave my wife doctors exam orders and scheduled appointment for January 18th!!!

January 4th, 2010 Panama Embassy Recieves Packet, slow due to holidays

January 7th 2010 Recieved email from embassy moving appointment to January 12th WOOHOOO!!!(thats EXACTLY 5 months complete process)

January 12th 2010 Wife went to appointment and visa approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

each consulate is different, I would post this question in a regional forum to see what is normal for your consulate based on others experiences... However, 1 week is not what I would consider excessive??

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.