MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
SUS, they are retracting their news report about everything was ok....

See This

Breaking News! Family evacuates home after Cayman quake causes sinkhole | As the Caymanian officials continue to determine if there was any damage following the 5.8 earthquake, a sinkhole has opened up close to an apartment building in Grand Cayman.

Oh, not good

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sinkhole.jpg

At 9.23 am local time on Tuesday January 19, 2010 an earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale occurred 32 miles south of Bodden Town, Grand Cayman. The earthquake occurred at a depth of 6.2 miles. No tsunami warning was issued from this event.

At 10 am on Tuesday, the Director of Hazard Management Cayman Islands (HMCI), McCleary Frederick, stated that residents could return to offices and homes.

“Obviously in light of what has happened in Haiti, our residents are very sensitive to this type of occurrence. We are fortunate that the Cayman Islands appears to have come through unscathed, but it is reminder for everyone that they need to know how to respond during an earthquake. In particular it is important to duck under a strong piece of furniture, or at least protect the head with arms,” Mr Frederick said.

The Cayman Islands Emergency Communications Centre received approximately one hundred 911 telephone calls in the minutes following the earthquake on Tuesday morning.

There were no injuries and no reports of damage from the quake according to 911 telecommunicators. However, a sink hole in South Sound at Pirates Lair, near the Rugby Club, was reported to have been created by Tuesday morning’s earthquake.

Following the earthquake, the 911 Communications Centre was in immediate contact with the Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre in Hawaii, which handles the Caribbean region, and was assured by the scientist on duty that there was no threat of a tsunami from this event.

Emergency Communications Centre Manager Brent Finster said, “9-1-1 calls received after the earthquake struck mostly dealt with people wanting to find out if an earthquake had really occurred or to notify us that they had evacuated their building and whether it was safe to go back inside. There were also a number of 911 calls regarding problems with telephone service.”

Mr Finster reminded the public that the 911 emergency system should only be used by persons who need police, fire or Emergency Medical Services.

Earthquakes do occur from time to time in the vicinity of the Cayman Islands, which are located near to the boundary of the North American plate, with the Caribbean plate sliding past to the south.

The Cayman Islands government has commissioned a seismic monitoring network, consisting of four state of the art seismograph stations. Two seismographs will be located in Grand Cayman, one in Little Cayman and another on the Island of Cayman Brac. One of these seismographs in Frank Sound is already fully functional and the earthquake was detected locally and the information relayed through to HMCI as expected.

In December 2004, a 6.8 magnitude earthquake occurred 20 miles to the south of Grand Cayman. Since the formation of HMCI in 2006 the agency has embarked on a proactive public education campaign to raise awareness of the earthquake threat in the Cayman Islands. Earthquake drills have been conducted involving both private and public sector entities and the program has also been instituted in government schools.

If any business organisations, schools or other entities would like to have HMCI perform an earthquake education session or drill to better prepare for this type of impact, then they are asked to contact Simon Boxall or Omar Afflick at HMCI (telephone 526 2027).

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

vhsYmcp78sc

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
sinkhole.jpg

At 9.23 am local time on Tuesday January 19, 2010 an earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale occurred 32 miles south of Bodden Town, Grand Cayman. The earthquake occurred at a depth of 6.2 miles. No tsunami warning was issued from this event.

At 10 am on Tuesday, the Director of Hazard Management Cayman Islands (HMCI), McCleary Frederick, stated that residents could return to offices and homes.

"Obviously in light of what has happened in Haiti, our residents are very sensitive to this type of occurrence. We are fortunate that the Cayman Islands appears to have come through unscathed, but it is reminder for everyone that they need to know how to respond during an earthquake. In particular it is important to duck under a strong piece of furniture, or at least protect the head with arms," Mr Frederick said.

The Cayman Islands Emergency Communications Centre received approximately one hundred 911 telephone calls in the minutes following the earthquake on Tuesday morning.

There were no injuries and no reports of damage from the quake according to 911 telecommunicators. However, a sink hole in South Sound at Pirates Lair, near the Rugby Club, was reported to have been created by Tuesday morning's earthquake.

Following the earthquake, the 911 Communications Centre was in immediate contact with the Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre in Hawaii, which handles the Caribbean region, and was assured by the scientist on duty that there was no threat of a tsunami from this event.

Emergency Communications Centre Manager Brent Finster said, "9-1-1 calls received after the earthquake struck mostly dealt with people wanting to find out if an earthquake had really occurred or to notify us that they had evacuated their building and whether it was safe to go back inside. There were also a number of 911 calls regarding problems with telephone service."

Mr Finster reminded the public that the 911 emergency system should only be used by persons who need police, fire or Emergency Medical Services.

Earthquakes do occur from time to time in the vicinity of the Cayman Islands, which are located near to the boundary of the North American plate, with the Caribbean plate sliding past to the south.

The Cayman Islands government has commissioned a seismic monitoring network, consisting of four state of the art seismograph stations. Two seismographs will be located in Grand Cayman, one in Little Cayman and another on the Island of Cayman Brac. One of these seismographs in Frank Sound is already fully functional and the earthquake was detected locally and the information relayed through to HMCI as expected.

In December 2004, a 6.8 magnitude earthquake occurred 20 miles to the south of Grand Cayman. Since the formation of HMCI in 2006 the agency has embarked on a proactive public education campaign to raise awareness of the earthquake threat in the Cayman Islands. Earthquake drills have been conducted involving both private and public sector entities and the program has also been instituted in government schools.

If any business organisations, schools or other entities would like to have HMCI perform an earthquake education session or drill to better prepare for this type of impact, then they are asked to contact Simon Boxall or Omar Afflick at HMCI (telephone 526 2027).

thank god no injuries so far :unsure:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning ladies, home from work today for a lingering migraine/sinus headache.

If i really wanted i prolly could have drug myself in, but im just not feeling it. Dont know whats wrong with me, combo of stress i guess, being tired of my job( though im thankful for it) and a lingering head cold since i returned from JA...

wha gwaan?

Hope you feel better

sinkhole.jpg

“Obviously in light of what has happened in Haiti, our residents are very sensitive to this type of occurrence. We are fortunate that the Cayman Islands appears to have come through unscathed, but it is reminder for everyone that they need to know how to respond during an earthquake. In particular it is important to duck under a strong piece of furniture, or at least protect the head with arms,” Mr Frederick said.

There were no injuries and no reports of damage from the quake according to 911 telecommunicators. However, a sink hole in South Sound at Pirates Lair, near the Rugby Club, was reported to have been created by Tuesday morning’s earthquake.

Emergency Communications Centre Manager Brent Finster said, “9-1-1 calls received after the earthquake struck mostly dealt with people wanting to find out if an earthquake had really occurred or to notify us that they had evacuated their building and whether it was safe to go back inside. There were also a number of 911 calls regarding problems with telephone service.”

Sus this is so scary glad no one was hurt. There is supposed to be a special coming on one of the news shows in light of what has happened surrounding the most vulnerable places in the US to be effective by earthquakes. I need to find the info and send it to all.......

****ROC VSC****

Timeline

Hello All!!! Hope everyone is feeling ok. As usual, I'm just checking in being that I'm presently "idle" @ work. I managed to call USCIS today to request the AOS, EAD, & AD forms. So hopefully in a week or so I will have them & begin the next half of this tedious but well worth it journey. Check back in a little later. Take care everyone.

aTrbNnykiAg

****ROC VSC****

Timeline
just sitting here with my dog watchng the movie Glory to Gloriana, anyone seen it?

I haven't seen the movie, but when we stayed at Hotel Gloriana, I bought the book. Picture the lady herself was there the day I bought it, but I'm not observant & don't pay any attention to people. So I missed out on getting it signed.

Yup we have been together for 3 years but will be married for 2, honey chile he has thickened up LOL since he has been here and you should hear him chat bout he gonna work out and get fit for the trip but he eating cakes and cheese steaks all day! CHO

He knows my struggle with weight and is supportive and I cut out all meat and foul and was eating only fish and he was doing well then it all went sour. I know when he gets home they gonna be in shock , he was so mawga but I will say I like the thicker version he looks better to me and he is tall so it falls into place nicely LOL but he can't fit any of his old clothes :unsure:

And that's where weight gain becomes expensive. We're going through that now. One of us said when Steven first got here: Let's not get you too many clothes now, cause you'll gain weight. But the other one of us didn't seem to believe it. :lol:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Hey Tee, sorry girl do you know my Microwave was posessed it was coming on when you walk past and no one touched it. Chile D threw it out with the quickness and we ran to Target to get another one and Praise the Lord they have a black and stainless one on sale you know I snatched it up.

When we got home I was so tired and I promised D a surprise since I didn't go to the movie with him the other night I streamed it online and we hooked up the lap top to the big screen and he was so happy! Denzel was karate fighting and chopping folks it was really a good look for him! D was happy and I got a chance to rest my ankle from all the exercising I have been doing. I will post you a good one, what you looking for Love, revenge, gangsta, despair LOL

Den's that suit brightened my day literally :rofl: (((hugs)))

Your choice Philly, you always pick good ones...

I'm praying Den puts on some weight...I know my mama and dem gon be feeding him with all kinds of southern comfort foods!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

kEXkjlzif3I

****ROC VSC****

Timeline

ROFL @ Sus. She probably doesn't know bout the Portal showing recept topics. Nor does she know about Sus's side hobby as an investigative reporter.

Philly I am laffing real hard...I thought mrs. Bootsy was ur cat for some reason!! :rofl:

I did too! That's why I had to ask who it was when she said Mrs Bootsy made cheesecake. I was like, dang, that's one talented cat!

Speaking of, did y'all hear about the cat that caught this bus same time every year for years. It got hit by a car & died the other day while on its way to catch the bus.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
I don't know what it is but I'm having the worst time staying focused! :wacko:

Anyone talked with JAP? :unsure: I wonder how she and the baby are doing...and how their interview went last Thursday.

interview postponed until february baby looks great

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.