MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good night fellow VJ members!!! Today my SO & I went to apply for ss#. He's been here since Dec 27, which was a Sunday. As we were called to desk & explained why we were there, woman stated we had to wait 30days after his entry before he could apply. I proceeded to ask when did this go into affect b/c online(VJ guide actually) states 2wks, if I'm not mistaken. She claimed for sometime now & it used to be 2wks. Ultimately, we didn't get through. Anyone else ever heard of this or experienced this?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Good night fellow VJ members!!! Today my SO & I went to apply for ss#. He's been here since Dec 27, which was a Sunday. As we were called to desk & explained why we were there, woman stated we had to wait 30days after his entry before he could apply. I proceeded to ask when did this go into affect b/c online(VJ guide actually) states 2wks, if I'm not mistaken. She claimed for sometime now & it used to be 2wks. Ultimately, we didn't get through. Anyone else ever heard of this or experienced this?

We didn't have any issues getting it 2 weeks after Steven got here. Just in case we might face issues, I did bring a copy of the instructions where I'd highlighted the part about k1 visa applicants/SSNs. I don't remember exactly which instructions or section, as this was months ago, but I know I got the links/idea from this site.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Philly and everyone who's going through a hard time w' the situation in haiti. I'll have you all in my prayers.

IrieCat: I'm pretty young but this always works: candle light dinner @ home (his favorite meal of course!), don't forget desert and some nice soft music in the bedroom and you know what's next. Don't rip off the lingere, save it for another occasion!

MrsTee: my interview is February 12th so hopefully for Valentines we'll be celebrating passing our interview and of course, no matter what the outcome, our love for each other.

Thats right! :thumbs:

Timeline

Echoing what Nat said and just to be safe I waited 2 weeks and 1 day. I think the info for the SS # is in the guides. You should go back and ask to speak with a supervisor. Maybe the lady didn't know what she was doing. keep us posted.

Timeline

Also I already changed my name at Social Security office. The confiscated my old card with my madien name and gave me a verification sheet (to prove that my number is really my number) and a receipt that I applied for it. They said it will take about 2 weeks for that to come. I showed my original marriage certificate that they gave me as a souvenior (sp?) copy and they took that and my driver's license as proof.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

roxie and philly i am praying you all hear something soon..

I'm suffering from a horrible headache; been awake since 2am -- I'm so tired and a wreck my friends need me -- I have 2 very close friends that lost most of their family in Haiti...my dad is going to the airport to pick one of them up when he called me this moring he said he was afraid to be alone so I booked him a ticket to DC. My dad his cooking his favorite dish jerk chicken and dumpling with cornmeal and stew cabbage he says he hasn't eaten in almost 3 days.

i am so sorry to hear this you and your friends are in my prayersl

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
Philly, I just got an email from My Gf, her mother and her family is okay. She has not heard from her Dad side yet.

THAT GREAT NEWS .HOPE SHE HEARS FROM THE REST SOON

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
My Mother just called me and told me that the last person that saw my cousin was in Petionville near the hotel Montana and as we know it was totally destroyed and no one has seen him since. I pray my dream wasn't a sign...... My Mom keeps telling me not to be so hard on myself but I can't help to feel guilty I feel so helpless. I just keep thinking about the last time I saw him.

PHILLY PLEASE DONT STRESS YOURSELF ..I AM PRAYING YOU HEAR SOON

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

GOOD MORNING SUS

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
GOOD MORNING SUS

------------------------------

Good Morning Ladies, Mexilus and her SO visa was denied because he admitted to using marijuana 2 yrs ago. This is so sad I can imagine she must be so torn up. My heart goes out to her.

Tracey

TAMH

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

2 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

1 Members: Jamerican Queen

Good morning to myself and the anonymous :ph34r::rofl:

So today Im going to Chardivan's wedding. im just going to show up lol, she invited me but I didnt RSVP

Im also going to see my grandmother today and check on her. Stll alive and kicking so thats a blessing.

Everyone like TuPac said keep your head up!

P.U.S.H. Pray Until Something Happens

Later VJ

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Timeline
2 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

1 Members: Jamerican Queen

Good morning to myself and the anonymous :ph34r::rofl:

So today Im going to Chardivan's wedding. im just going to show up lol, she invited me but I didnt RSVP

Im also going to see my grandmother today and check on her. Stll alive and kicking so thats a blessing.

Everyone like TuPac said keep your head up!

P.U.S.H. Pray Until Something Happens

Jamerican Queen Your Funny! Good morning

Later VJ

TAMH

Timeline
Echoing what Nat said and just to be safe I waited 2 weeks and 1 day. I think the info for the SS # is in the guides. You should go back and ask to speak with a supervisor. Maybe the lady didn't know what she was doing. keep us posted.

Morning!!! You know, the place was packed & it was an hour before closing when she called our #. I did print up guide and had it with me but as I said, woman was pretty adament about it taking homeland security 30days to put info in system. I shall return next week & attempt again. I'll show up early & hope I don't get her. If I do, she just will have to "pass the buck" to a supervisor b/c I will be ADAMENT about speaking w/one this time around. Thanks MrsTee & Nat!!

Timeline

Morning, All

I just got back from grocery shopping and found all but one thing I was looking for: browning. I didn't know what exactly it would look like, but I didn't see it in the spices aisle. We'll have to look for it at the Caribbean market next to the club tonight.

Also I already changed my name at Social Security office. The confiscated my old card with my madien name and gave me a verification sheet (to prove that my number is really my number) and a receipt that I applied for it. They said it will take about 2 weeks for that to come. I showed my original marriage certificate that they gave me as a souvenior (sp?) copy and they took that and my driver's license as proof.

MrsTee, would you believe we STILL haven't received our original marriage certificate! Imagine if I hadn't found this site & didn't know to ask for a certified copy the day we got married, and I waited to file AOS for when we got the original. I'd still be waiting! Also, I don't know if my county does the souvenir copies, but that would be nice.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.