MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

LMAO your hubby is tooo funny. So did he take the picture or not? Now the lashes with diamonds have me intrigued. He sounds like a sweetie though and is just saying he loves you just as you are, but you are right he married a diva so he must deal.

Hey B LOL that's what I said LOL

check these out I love them

10x_false_eyelashes_diamond_g.jpg

LOL, so you'll have some company waiting on you when you reach home huh? I love St. Maarten and want to go back there soon.

My Mom has a condo there the 1st time she went she fell in love so now she is there a few times a year :star:

No that is just 'groceries' but we don't spend much more eating out. The eating out is more 'discretionary' & I try to limit that to about $60-80 per month or LESS. I don't buy organic & I actively only shop sales & buy the things I need on the weeks they're on sale at whichever stores we shop. We only have Safeways, Luckys & other places like that so I have to always be on the lookout. I wish we had more of those 'bag your own' places where it's really cheap but those are somewhat out of the way. Some months I do go over a bit but usually that's when I've already met my allotted amount & find something on sale to stock up on so I just get it then.

:thumbs:

Ells, you've inspired me to spend WAAAY less on groceries. I recently started cutting coupons, but now I'll also limit how much we spend on a grocery trip. That's not an area I've ever monitored, but from the reactions of the ladies today, I guess we're spending way more than necessary.

That's whats up Nat!

I just came in from the grocery store. It's so slippery out there, but the grocery store was empty.

Why did the grocery store have about 50, YES 50 grocery carts full of food to be put back. I asked the cashier what happen and he said people just left carts in the isle and some got to the register and didn't have enough money. That's just crazy. I couldn't believe it.

:wow: I spent 1hr and 45 minutes in the market on my lunch break :wacko: it was a madhouse no carts security holding people back from jumping the line I was like WTH and this was in a Jersey suburb not Philly :blink:

Philly - your post had me cracking up :rofl:

LOL

Hey Nat. Clipping coupons and saving money on groceries is definitely my area. Its time-consuming, but well worth it. When I shopped at the regular grocery store (kroger) if I don't save over $30 on my $100 grocery bill, I was a little upset.

Grocery Saving 101

1.) Clipping coupons is essential. Buy at least two newspapers every Sunday to clip your coupons

2.) Find a good coupon organizer to organize your coupons

3.) Take advantage of savings cards i.e. (Kroger cards)

4.) Make a shoping list, but ensure that it is very specific by creating a daily menu of what you plan to eat over the following weeks

5.) Also take a look at the weekly mailer for each grocery store to see what is on sale (some stores will price match)

6.) Compare your coupons to what is needed on your list. Try to use coupons for items that are already on sale. If you have non-essential items that are not on sale, wait until the next grocery trip.

7.) Try not to make purchases outside of your list

8. Try not to be brand specific, some store brands are just as good.

8.) Watch the sales monitors to ensure that all coupons are counted. If they say it doesn't work, tell them to figure it out!!

9.) Watch your savings grow!!!

You guys will have to excuse me. I write manuals at work....I hope this helps!!

That's what I'm talking about that's my method verbatim!

(L)(L) February is such a beautiful month. Not only because it contains my birthday (Feb. 28 :whistle: )...But because so many beautiful yardies are getting married and renewing vows. My heart is filled with joy because there is so much love in the air. (L)(L)(L) Here's a run down of all of the special events this month. Please let me know if I missed someone.

1.) YankeesGirl 2/9/10

2.) RegAl 2/12/10

3.) EricJew aka (Mama/PapaJew) 2/13/10

4.) DensWifey 2/14/10

5.) Philly 2/14/10

6.) Always 2/14/10

7.) My2 2/27/10

Congratulations to you all!! May God continue to bless your union. (L)

Thank you so much this was so sweet for you to list everyone's special day :luv:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Ells yes, I so was not looking forward to changing everything officially but now I have to cause like you said it doesn't make sense not to renew under my maiden name so here we go LOL :wacko:

Yup my Bday is the 17th so I will be home then getting some SUN :dance::star:

This sounds really nice especially since you love animals. We have a Zoo Balloon here in Philly you would love it you can see the whole city from up there. Sometimes they do the weather up there too :yes:

3358705482_4aacd200d8.jpg

:rofl: I am crackin up haaaaaaaaa

LOL @ Louis

Lawny haaa yes I agree the zoo smells but its so much fun :lol:

philly, lawny was saying canned breadfruit smells like goat piss hahahahahaha

Timeline
WOW I thought you would be all up on coupons I am surprised that is a huge monthly contribution to my budget and savings! Yesterday alone I saved 36.79 in store coupons and 6.90 in clipped coupons. I don't play when it comes to budgeting and feeding my family and that includes to non-stop hungry 2 teenage boys. I only shop every payday and I go to different stores to accomplish my goals. I was at the hustle man Fruit and veggie truck by Temple University yesterday morning on the way in to work and got 5 bags of fruits and veggies for 12.00 I don't play no games! :no:

Ells I truly feel you girl, my Hubby knows I am only shopping on payday and let me tell yuh he knows how to make the food stretch :yes:

Yeah we got snowed in too I hope Ray made it home ok and didn't have to go back out to work today in this mess

:rofl:

Nat yup I know this wasn't directed at me but yes my Hubby gained 30 lbs since he has been here and yes he was ordering cheese steaks while working and whatnot but now he makes them at home cause he realizes how much $ can be saved and he swears his taste better anyway LOL. I mentioned this before we only eat out on payday and that isn't included within the monthly food budget as that is an extra. I don't see why a $ 200.00 food budget is an issue with 2 people if you know how and where to shop to stretch your dollars :yes:

Ells that statement made me LOL :luv:

Also go to produce junction Philly great prices on fruits and veggies :)

Hey B LOL that's what I said LOL

check these out I love them

10x_false_eyelashes_diamond_g.jpg

I saw some like that philly and was gonna do those on my wedding day but didnt want to be XTRA lol

Timeline

I saw some like that philly and was gonna do those on my wedding day but didnt want to be XTRA lol

Exactly, you see that X10 on the box? Means not only extra but 10 times extra :lol:

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Since my daughter was so good at the strips, I will probably go that route again I don't know if I can do individuals :unsure:

Yes I would say get used to the strips then upgrade to the individuals and they become like second skin :yes:

I spend between 300 to 400 on food per month, for the 2 kids,myself and Steve, but it isn't Steve... them dayum kids eat EVERYTHING... but when Rashida comes out they calm it down. Since I do the shopping without them I buy things that are healthy so they tend not to eat as much lol...Im bad lol

Same over here :rofl:

I use coupons and ONLY buy things on sale.. I shop at a Shoprite supermarket because they double/triple the coupons... :thumbs:

Me too that's my spot!

Good morning Yardies.. what a snowy day.. its STILL snowing in Philly...

Ughhhhh we didn't go out to shovel until 2:30 I took lots of pics I just need to post on FB. Even the kitties came out to have some fun

Morning all! At the airport - it's snowing but still on schedule to leave. I got caught this am though, lol -- I told my terminally late pain in the butt that my flight landed 2 hrs earlier than it does - he called, and couldn't believe I hadn't boarded the plane! I told him I was boarding right then - when in reality I was sitting in the hotel, lol

Have a good week all, and good luck with weddings / interviews

:dance: YAY :dance:

During their 30 years of marriage, the most appreciated gift my mother gave my father (according to my mother) was a GPS a few years ago.

----------

:angry: :angry: I just called the one company that I haven't received 1099-Divs from, asking where they are. The lady said that they have until February 15 to mail them out, and usually do so on or just before that date. They don't even have them online until they mail them out.

So.... I will be moving my money from that company to somewhere else, somewhere that sends out their forms earlier instead of making people wait to file.

I had the same issue ( kind of) but they were available online. I feel you I would do the same exact thing that is too damn long!

Dis negro think he slick! smh

LOL this was a good one

Hi people!!!! Its weekend and i havent been on here in a few days. Dens, glad to hear that you and Mr Dens are doing well.

Presently a dusting of snow is outside although weather man predicted a blizzard.

SS card arrived yesterday. So now we can begin to open bank accounts.

Last night we went bowling again w/my son. We enjoyed ourselves! We also went to Applebee's.

Take care and enjoy you alls weekend. Stay warm!!!

Great news congrats on getting the SSN

****ROC VSC****

Hi Yardies! Hope you're all having a fun-filled weekend with your loved ones! Den and I are still adjusting to him being here... :wacko: all and all its been amazing! (L)

That's great girl enjoy every minute!

We got the AP document in the mail today! Now Steven can TRAVEL and come back and WORk!! :dance: :dance:

The status has not been updated online and we had no idea it was already approved (since Feb 1).

congrats :dance:

philly, lawny was saying canned breadfruit smells like goat piss hahahahahaha

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :rofl: :rofl: Hubby is shaking his head too :bonk:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/style_em...default/yes.gif

The produce junction has great prices on plants but no one beats the Hustle Fruit and Veggie Man's prices with his Dollar bags girl trust me on this

LMAO @ Xtra that should be my middle name! you know I'm getting them right :lol:

Finally all caught up now we watched and African movie today I loved it , kind of a spin on Edgar Allen Poe;s Tell Tale heart well thats IMO anyway but it was great. Called the Darkest Link.

I just gave Mrs Bootsy a stack of movies she said Mr Bootsy will be thrilled LOL and she is gonna bake Damian and Q a cake. I (L) her.

****ROC VSC****

We got the AP document in the mail today! Now Steven can TRAVEL and come back and WORk!! :dance: :dance:

The status has not been updated online and we had no idea it was already approved (since Feb 1).

That's awesome Nat! Steven will be bringing in that check in no time. :thumbs: Girl I am over here jumping up and down! Den is looking at me like I'm crazy!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys i hope u all are having a warm safe weekend.. hence the northeast snow!! I have a question...my friend a (permanent resident) filed for their husband in Jamaica... her dad passed away and the funeral is this coming Thursday. Do you think that he would qualify for an emergency visa to attend the funeral?

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Yardies,

Havent been on here in about 2 weeks. Everything is ok with me. They buried my granny today and it was so hard becaus its FINAL.

But I am moving on and staying strong

Wow,CONGRATS to all the Yardies doing big things in February.

Love is a beautiful thing, respect it. Respect your hubbies, and respect their opinions and you will go far.

I love Flash he has been so supportive since my granny left and that just confirms the reason why I love him and married him. He was a pallbearer, and was willing to help the whole time from the death to the funeral what whatever he could do. :thumbs:

Thanks you all for the help and strength through my time of need. (F)

:help: I need to check on Den's post. Last time I was on here she was getting ready for her hubby to come. !!!!!!

Im ready to bring the Jamerican Smiley Queen back. I miss you all :yes:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
i might have to look into that for my daughter.. i was gonna get her the curve on metropcs, but boost is nationwide right???

Just don't get Cricket, my daughter had one and it would not work in the basement or on any trip out of town. She would be at her dad's house next door in the basement and had to call me from another cell phone. :no: FAIL!

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
... I've never regretted it....it's expensive as all get out but I love this city!

and I so envy you. I wish I lived in San Francisco it looks sooo beautiful in movies and everyone raves about the wonderful architecture and people. It is on my bucket list of places to visit.

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Nat. Clipping coupons and saving money on groceries is definitely my area. Its time-consuming, but well worth it. When I shopped at the regular grocery store (kroger) if I don't save over $30 on my $100 grocery bill, I was a little upset.

Grocery Saving 101

1.) Clipping coupons is essential. Buy at least two newspapers every Sunday to clip your coupons

2.) Find a good coupon organizer to organize your coupons

3.) Take advantage of savings cards i.e. (Kroger cards)

4.) Make a shoping list, but ensure that it is very specific by creating a daily menu of what you plan to eat over the following weeks

5.) Also take a look at the weekly mailer for each grocery store to see what is on sale (some stores will price match)

6.) Compare your coupons to what is needed on your list. Try to use coupons for items that are already on sale. If you have non-essential items that are not on sale, wait until the next grocery trip.

7.) Try not to make purchases outside of your list

8. Try not to be brand specific, some store brands are just as good.

8.) Watch the sales monitors to ensure that all coupons are counted. If they say it doesn't work, tell them to figure it out!!

9.) Watch your savings grow!!!

You guys will have to excuse me. I write manuals at work....I hope this helps!!

Umm excuse me how could you forget my b-day Feb 21st!!!!!! (kissteet)

Timeline
Ughhhhh we didn't go out to shovel until 2:30 I took lots of pics I just need to post on FB. Even the kitties came out to have some fun

you and the kitties NEVER cease to amaze me Philly lol

Timeline
The produce junction has great prices on plants but no one beats the Hustle Fruit and Veggie Man's prices with his Dollar bags girl trust me on this

LMAO @ Xtra that should be my middle name! you know I'm getting them right :lol:

I just gave Mrs Bootsy a stack of movies she said Mr Bootsy will be thrilled LOL and she is gonna bake Damian and Q a cake. I (L) her.

Noooooooooooo cake for D :no: lol

I know thats right about the fruits and veggies :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.