MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
This sort of brings up a topic I've been thinking about.

I realize every couple is different but, what in your opinions, is a reasonable amount of time for a spouse to 'hang out' with friends? I feel bad when I start feeling selfish & want to take some me time & spend time with my friends but he spends a few nights a week hanging out with friends. Last weekend, his friends saw him more than I did. I'm ready to have a 'me' weekend & leave him home by himself. I've neglected my own friendships since getting married. Not on purpose....we've just been wrapped up in our own stuff. Well, I'm ready to branch out again....& if he feels 2-3 nights is acceptable then I guess I need to go see what my friends are up to more often too. I can make myself busy all weekend like I used to do when it was just me.

IDK....IMO 2-3 nights is too much. I try to make a concentrated effort to see just my friends one night a week. If we have more time, we hang out with either his friends or mine together. But, our situation is different and we have very little free time to even see each other. I'm just happy to sleep in the same bed as him some weeks. It sucks.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
This sort of brings up a topic I've been thinking about.

I realize every couple is different but, what in your opinions, is a reasonable amount of time for a spouse to 'hang out' with friends? I feel bad when I start feeling selfish & want to take some me time & spend time with my friends but he spends a few nights a week hanging out with friends....

Hmm. I guess it depends on what the couple thinks is appropriate. The one time Steven spent 2 complete evenings/nights in a row with his friends, to the point where we didn't get to have any conversation, I let him know my feelings.

The amount of time I think is reasonable is: any amount as long as you make your spouse feel like #1, and as long as the two of you have enough conversation to satisfy both.

I'm all for your "Me" weekend. That's what I have when Steven goes out of town. I miss him, but it IS very nice just doing whatever you want to do without having to check with, wait for, or answer to another person.

I don't blame you. I feel the same about this as you. Really even just picking a flower would atleast show thought and care.

I'm going to bring up the fact that we discussed this on VJ tonight... as a HINT. :lol:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
LMAO - My mother told me that she doesn't know why I ever went dark, that now I have back the hair color she gave me - I laughed so hard I was crying - Ummmmm..... Mom, I was the dark haired child, my sister was the blonde!

you could've stayed long and been my twin :angry: I've never put anything on my hair. My mom's a redhead. My dad's a blonde.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
IDK....IMO 2-3 nights is too much. I try to make a concentrated effort to see just my friends one night a week. If we have more time, we hang out with either his friends or mine together. But, our situation is different and we have very little free time to even see each other. I'm just happy to sleep in the same bed as him some weeks. It sucks.

I kinda think it's a little much too. But I also feel people need to keep friendships while married to keep everything balanced. I'm just trying to figure out what that balance is. I'm ready to spend more time doing my 'used-to-do' activities again. I didn't take this beginning guitar class on Monday nights cause I wanted to be home for him since I'm already in class 2 nights a week. Now it seems like I should've.

Hmm. I guess it depends on what the couple thinks is appropriate. The one time Steven spent 2 complete evenings/nights in a row with his friends, to the point where we didn't get to have any conversation, I let him know my feelings.

The amount of time I think is reasonable is: any amount as long as you make your spouse feel like #1, and as long as the two of you have enough conversation to satisfy both.

I'm all for your "Me" weekend. That's what I have when Steven goes out of town. I miss him, but it IS very nice just doing whatever you want to do without having to check with, wait for, or answer to another person.

I'm going to bring up the fact that we discussed this on VJ tonight... as a HINT. :lol:

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who feels a few nights is a bit excessive. I'm trying to figure out if I'm just being my usual 'control freak' self or if my feelings are valid & others would feel the same way. I appreciate the input & agree, the spouse should feel # 1. And I'm seriously thinking of driving the 45 minutes to stay with my Cousin this weekend.

Yes, bring it up....tell him to get those creative juices flowing for V-day ideas....it doesn't have to cost, it just has to show he cares! I need to HINT to my own hubby! :angry:

Timeline
I don't blame you. I feel the same about this as you. Really even just picking a flower would atleast show thought and care.

Good afternoon yardies!! O.K. back to catch up.

This was one of my biggest pet peeves. Doesn't have to be big; but there does need to be something. But, then again, I had same issues with birthdays and Christmas. And, don't tell me it's cause he's not used to going out and buying presents to celebrate occassions.....he had money. He just went out and bought himself something a few days before. I was pissed.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I kinda think it's a little much too. But I also feel people need to keep friendships while married to keep everything balanced. I'm just trying to figure out what that balance is. I'm ready to spend more time doing my 'used-to-do' activities again. I didn't take this beginning guitar class on Monday nights cause I wanted to be home for him since I'm already in class 2 nights a week. Now it seems like I should've.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who feels a few nights is a bit excessive. I'm trying to figure out if I'm just being my usual 'control freak' self or if my feelings are valid & others would feel the same way. I appreciate the input & agree, the spouse should feel # 1. And I'm seriously thinking of driving the 45 minutes to stay with my Cousin this weekend.

Yes, bring it up....tell him to get those creative juices flowing for V-day ideas....it doesn't have to cost, it just has to show he cares! I need to HINT to my own hubby! :angry:

Oh, I'm not saying it's too much IF.....big IF the the other person is doing something else like working or a class or something. I'm just saying if the 2 of you are sitting home and you both go out with your own friends seperately 2-3 nights a week, it's too much. What's the point in spending ALL your free time apart?

I try to go out after I've seen him at the firehouse or he's with his kids and then we hook up if we can. It's about balance.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
you could've stayed long and been my twin :angry: I've never put anything on my hair. My mom's a redhead. My dad's a blonde.

LOL, it will grow back, and I am going blonder - or so my mother just informed me :rofl: I started messing with my hair in 7th grade with a bottle of peroxide at summer camp! Plus, my family tends to gray early -- started with gray hairs at 19

This was one of my biggest pet peeves. Doesn't have to be big; but there does need to be something. But, then again, I had same issues with birthdays and Christmas. And, don't tell me it's cause he's not used to going out and buying presents to celebrate occassions.....he had money. He just went out and bought himself something a few days before. I was pissed.

I feel exactly the same - I don't care if you are flat broke and you wrote me a letter, made me a card - it's the thought behind it that you actually did something. So far, I've been fairly lucky - but we've had the conversation numerous times - that and NEVER EVER EVER combine my bday and Christmas gift!

Oh, I'm not saying it's too much IF.....big IF the the other person is doing something else like working or a class or something. I'm just saying if the 2 of you are sitting home and you both go out with your own friends seperately 2-3 nights a week, it's too much. What's the point in spending ALL your free time apart?

I try to go out after I've seen him at the firehouse or he's with his kids and then we hook up if we can. It's about balance.

I think it depends on the week - 2-3 nights a week every single week is no good - but sometimes things come up and it happens - it's definitely about balance, and what works for 1 is not always what works for the other.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Ya'll.

Just checking in for a minute. Den's Wifey...I am so excited for you. You day is here.

My daughter was accepted into Temple University :dance::dance: Her top pick school. I'm so happy and proud of her :wub: .

Will be back during my lunch hour.

great news

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

I would probably be asked to leave the bed if i wear those ..

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Yardies!

Does anyone know of a rent-a-car place in Mobay that has reasonable rates and where you don't have to but down a hugh deposit. Let me know.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
LOL Ells, yep eventually just not the next upcoming 11 nights! :blush:

you a good one.,.

Hey Yardies!

Does anyone know of a rent-a-car place in Mobay that has reasonable rates and where you don't have to but down a hugh deposit. Let me know.

hey how are you

cant help on your question though..

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
:dance:

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On February 2, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

congrats

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
you a good one.,.

hey how are you

cant help on your question though..

Hey Jessica,

I'm good. How are you is the question? lol Excited about your special day....

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

PHILLY i need you help i cant seem to find this song by Gerald levert i think its call ed i was made to love you ... can you help me out..

Hey Jessica,

I'm good. How are you is the question? lol Excited about your special day....

im so excited but nervous too....

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

This one:

Cuz i was made to love you

my hands to touch you

my arms to hold you

my legs to stand

my time to spend

with you forever...

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.