MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I MUST remember not to take a late afternoon Sunday nap. I couldn't fall asleep last night until after 2:30am. And now I'm TIRED. Let me go get some French Vanilla coffee...

Got the TMobile G1 cell phone this weekend, after having my last cell phone for over 3 years. Depressed by the increase in monthly bill for [mandatory] data plan.

O.K. ladies advice time....(please)

The basic question is how do you deal with island time?

I experience this mainly when getting Steven to come to stuff he's not eager about. If it's early, the problem is getting him out of bed. What helps is if he already has his clothes & shoes picked out & ready to put on.

For night stuff, it isn't as much of a problem for us.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Since Vaughn has come I'm always ready before him and I put make-up on and he doesn't. It has just been a slight inconvienance until this past week when we had plans to meet friend of mine who came into town. The first night we were suppose to meet them at 10:30pm and my hubby wasn't ready until 10:30pm. He tried to say he thought I said to be ready at 10:30pm, but I said several times we were leaving at 9:45pm. I just thought it was really inconsiderate of him to not only make me wait, but let my friends wait around too. The next night we went to a movie with them and I thought for sure after I asked why he was late and told him I thought it was rude he would make sure to be on time. Wrong he was late again and caused us to ge to the movies 5 minutes late and that was with me making him dinner and him having to to eat it in the car. I realize 5 minutes with previews first isn't a big deal, but I had enough and told him how I felt. He didn't see the big deal and thought I was over reacting. His solution is that we don't make any plans where we have to be there at a set time. I asked what exactly was going on with him always being late? Does he just start to get ready too late? He didn't really have an answer. I told him I thought it was rediculous to say we can't go anywhere that has a set start time when he could just try to get ready sooner. I suggested that he get ready 15 minutes sooner than he normally would. So ladies, what has been your experience with this? The thing is one of the things I love about him and Jamaicans in general is their laid back attitude, but this has got me stressed.

BTW My2 don't worry we will be on time to your wedding. ahaha

Tell him you have to be there an hour before you actually do.

Worse case, leave his late #### at home. He'll learn.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Morning all!!!! Here @ work. Weather is cold. But it's Feb so next month is spring!!! I have to set my mind like this b/c I dislike winter. Refreshing or not, I can't tolerate the cold.

Anyhow, Dens!!!!!!!! Tomorrow is the day! How is the weather down there?! I remember picking up Cory as if it were yesterday. Hope everything is prepared for his arrival.

My weekend was quiet. To cold outside. My pumpkin head son went with his dad so Cory & I just watched movies & BS with each other. BTW, we applied for SS on Friday.

Morning! Yes, I'm prepared for the most part for his arrival. We're both excited and nervous all at the same time. He keeps saying he hopes he finds me at the airport...lol!

I feel you on the weather, its cold here. I woke up this morning and my truck was covered with ice...ughhhh. Oh well, like you said next month will be spring!

Congrats on the SS card...hopefully he will get that soon!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Morning all.........

Gosh what a fun weekend. Went to my grade school reunion. It was soooooooooooo much fun, I want to meet up with them every week. Some people never change.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Since Vaughn has come I'm always ready before him and I put make-up on and he doesn't. It has just been a slight inconvienance until this past week when we had plans to meet friend of mine who came into town. The first night we were suppose to meet them at 10:30pm and my hubby wasn't ready until 10:30pm. He tried to say he thought I said to be ready at 10:30pm, but I said several times we were leaving at 9:45pm. I just thought it was really inconsiderate of him to not only make me wait, but let my friends wait around too. The next night we went to a movie with them and I thought for sure after I asked why he was late and told him I thought it was rude he would make sure to be on time. Wrong he was late again and caused us to ge to the movies 5 minutes late and that was with me making him dinner and him having to to eat it in the car. I realize 5 minutes with previews first isn't a big deal, but I had enough and told him how I felt. He didn't see the big deal and thought I was over reacting. His solution is that we don't make any plans where we have to be there at a set time. I asked what exactly was going on with him always being late? Does he just start to get ready too late? He didn't really have an answer. I told him I thought it was rediculous to say we can't go anywhere that has a set start time when he could just try to get ready sooner. I suggested that he get ready 15 minutes sooner than he normally would. So ladies, what has been your experience with this? The thing is one of the things I love about him and Jamaicans in general is their laid back attitude, but this has got me stressed.

BTW My2 don't worry we will be on time to your wedding. ahaha

Good morning yardies...

Girl you struck a nerve with this one. Let's say you are due to be somewhere at 8:00 pm. Ask him to be ready by 6:00 pm. He won't be ready until 6:30 - 7:00. So it gives you plenty of time to be on time. If he gets hip to the game just tell him that you did it out of love and to make sure he is ready. It's better to be ready waaaaaaaaay early than late! I do it to Steve all the time. :)

Morning Everyone,

Hope all of you are well. Have a blessed day.

Morning! Only 13 more days and we're married women!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

I'm so excited and nervous...Denton is cool as a fan though! I'll see how long that last once he is actually here. :unsure:

Good morning yardies...

Girl you struck a nerve with this one. Let's say you are due to be somewhere at 8:00 pm. Ask him to be ready by 6:00 pm. He won't be ready until 6:30 - 7:00. So it gives you plenty of time to be on time. If he gets hip to the game just tell him that you did it out of love and to make sure he is ready. It's better to be ready waaaaaaaaay early than late! I do it to Steve all the time. :)

Morning MrsTee! Looks like from the pics on FB, you guys got in some fun family time this weekend. Love it!

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline
it was fantabulous!!!! drove down to portland and went rafting around the blue lagoon (L)

had dinner that evening at norma's. the food and service were very blaaaaaaah but nothing could ruin my moment

then went for fish at Gloria's on sunday and a play after

Sounds like you had a great time :)

Morning all.........

Gosh what a fun weekend. Went to my grade school reunion. It was soooooooooooo much fun, I want to meet up with them every week. Some people never change.

Morning, sounds like you had a blast!

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline
Morning Ladies, Happy Monday.

Thompson... I can't stand being late and Louis tends to wait to the last minute for everything. I try to tell him "I am leaving at..... so be ready". I pretty much works. I would take Sus' advice too and just tell him a an earlier time. That should work.

Well, I spoke with Louis this morning. He was so sweet .... it's nice to hear sometimes. He told me he will never travel again without me. It's boring and he misses me so much. I told him I was jealous because its cold here and he said I have no reason to be jealous. He loves me and no one could ever replace me. He must have said he loves me and misses me about 10 times during the conversation!

I had a whole trip to DC planned for Tierra's February vacation and have decided to cancel. With Tax returns I will have all CC's paid off in 2 months. I want to SAVE SAVE SAVE.... There are things Louis and I want and we are not going to get anywhere without acting like adults and saving money.

So I will be here for Valentine's Day ... wanna think of something FUN to do! I am going to make some chocolate covered strawberries... mmmmmm and make him a nice dinner. Hopefully Nana will watch Tierra.

Isn't it wonderful to be needed, misses and loved!

Got the TMobile G1 cell phone this weekend, after having my last cell phone for over 3 years. Depressed by the increase in monthly bill for [mandatory] data plan.

I hate that carriers do that to customers, so unfair! :angry:

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline
Hello Ladies (((waving)))

It's February!!!!!!!! The best month of the year to me…. I'm so happy now but I'm sure once mi bwaan day gets closer I'll be crying about how old I'm getting….

Philly I know your excited your vacation soon come. Not sure what I'm doing. I have my girlfriend on my back begging me to book but I might have a chance to move to NC. I have always wanted to move to NC but its funny now that the offer is here I'm scared as all get up. I hate Pittsburgh but for some reason I so scared of failure. Scared I won't like it, scared I'll miss my family and friends just scared scared scared. I'm giving it a lot of thought and I have been praying on it heavily so I guess only time will tell.

Dada I was scared to move too! and I only moved out of philly to the suburbs of Philly and guess what? I LOVE it. What you need to do is compile a list of pros and cons. You need to talk to your children about it to because their imput means alot. If the pros outweigh the cons, DO IT! You only live once and if this is a chance to do better for your family, why not? Keep us posted...

Timeline

LMAO at the advice we all gave Thompson - every last one of us told her to lie and tell him you have to be there earlier than you do - We're in trouble if the men ever read this and catch on!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
RANT!!!!

OMG I am going to pull my hair out my Mom done worked my last nerve about my oldest son! That's it I had to tell her a few minutes ago str8 up MIND YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!

Ok Rant over

Happy Monday Ladies

Good morning Philly.. good for you!

Morning all!!!! Here @ work. Weather is cold. But it's Feb so next month is spring!!! I have to set my mind like this b/c I dislike winter. Refreshing or not, I can't tolerate the cold.

Anyhow, Dens!!!!!!!! Tomorrow is the day! How is the weather down there?! I remember picking up Cory as if it were yesterday. Hope everything is prepared for his arrival.

My weekend was quiet. To cold outside. My pumpkin head son went with his dad so Cory & I just watched movies & BS with each other. BTW, we applied for SS on Friday.

Seems like you had a nice weekend. Thats great. Good luck with the SS. You should be okay with it now :)

Morning Everyone,

Hope all of you are well. Have a blessed day.

How are you feeling? Getting excited?

Tell him you have to be there an hour before you actually do.

Worse case, leave his late #### at home. He'll learn.

Right? lol... I tell everyone in my house what time to be ready... then I go get in my car. They have 5 minutes to get in it or off I go... don't make me late cause your rass can't get it together!

Nat, just enjoy your phone, you can't do anything about it. That's how these dayum phone company's make their money. Just enjoy it sis.

Timeline
I hate that carriers do that to customers, so unfair! :angry:

The only way around it is to search out the phones that don't require you to use them. I had to give up my blackberry when we changed plans. Not happy about it. But, I refuse to pay those stupid fees.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Morning! Only 13 more days and we're married women!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

I'm so excited and nervous...Denton is cool as a fan though! I'll see how long that last once he is actually here. :unsure:

Morning MrsTee! Looks like from the pics on FB, you guys got in some fun family time this weekend. Love it!

Yes A, I was just about to thank all my sistas who have been there for me during my "mourning" period. It meant so much to me! Im feeling much, much better today!!! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.