MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I want to see the bull picture! :angry: Guess I'll wait until I get home in an hour +.

Nah, she is feeling crummy. Her tonsils are HUGE... and she is sneezing like crazy. But she is taking after me. I had my tonsils out at 27... she doesnt get strep, just sore throats and swollen tonsils. she slept all morning.

I had mine removed at 25. Solved a lot of sore throat (tonsil) issues. Are you looking to remove Tierra's soon?

Ells, I love the soccer idea. I'm about to look right now to see where there is a league near us. Steven would LOVE that.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OMG! :rofl::rofl::rofl: That's awesome! I love other countries for stuff like that. They are so creative in how they solve problems! LOL!!

Reminds me of my first trip anywhere & landing in Morocco. We spent our layover exploring Casablanca & it was the first time I'd ever seen a family of FOUR on a moped! Dad, Mom, 1 kid gripping tight in back & one in front of Dad....who needs a car? :lol:

I have seen some bizarre things - this one cracked me up though - One of my first trips to Negril, we were walking along the beach road at night - we heard an awful noise that we couldn't figure out - and around the curve comes a car, with a goat tied to the roof, screaming at the top of it's lungs. I just looked at my friend, and said - should we follow? Curried goat for dinner!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
I have seen some bizarre things - this one cracked me up though - One of my first trips to Negril, we were walking along the beach road at night - we heard an awful noise that we couldn't figure out - and around the curve comes a car, with a goat tied to the roof, screaming at the top of it's lungs. I just looked at my friend, and said - should we follow? Curried goat for dinner!

:rofl::rofl: Poor goaty! Curry was my JA goat's name though. :lol:

That also reminds me of the bus ride from Senegal to Mali....same way, goats were tied to the roof with the rest of the cargo. They definitely were not too happy about it....some bawled & others were just resigned to their fate. LOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey yardies

so much to read and catch up on

thanks for the well wishes

for a minute i wasn't even sure if we were approved

if it wasn't for the fact that he told us go pay dhl i probably wouldn't have known, lol

we were interviewed by a man, got in at 7:15 left about 9 am

he asked alot of questions but we handled ourselves well and he was quite polite

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

lmao @ the goats

while i wouldn't keep one as a pet, i think goats are so cool

they're very intelligent animals

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Thats a no on the tonsils Nat... no health insurance. As soon as we get some though... I have a "to do" list! :)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

hey yardies

so much to read and catch up on

thanks for the well wishes

for a minute i wasn't even sure if we were approved

if it wasn't for the fact that he told us go pay dhl i probably wouldn't have known, lol

we were interviewed by a man, got in at 7:15 left about 9 am

he asked alot of questions but we handled ourselves well and he was quite polite

Sounds like the man Den and I had at our interview! So happy for you and your hubby. Now you can enjoy your time together since you have the interview behind you. :dance:

Edited by Dens Wifey

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Hey Folks! Just checking in---it's been a LONG time!! Congratulations to Bunz on the approval and to MsSheka on your case moving along--it soon come girl! Quick update: Gregory and I are still adjusting to our new way of life together. (I've decided to say "we're" adjusting instead of "his" adjustment cause it's been trying for both of us). We've had a lot of good times, and we continue to have our days, but overall things continue to go better than I had hoped for. What's definitely started to help now is the fact that he is finding stuff to do on his own. A couple of months ago I signed him up for a competitive soccer league because he LOVES to play and misses doing so. Well, he was picked up by a team and their first practice was last weekend! He was like a kid in a candy store--grinning like a cheshire cat from ear to ear! :lol: What's even better is that the coach told him that he was the best player on the team, and then proceeded to send out a mass email to the team members saying this very thing and how far my husband and the rest of the team will be able to go in the league this year! Not that he needs this add'l stroking of the ego, but it was good for him and I was proud). So he's doing that on weekends, and games will begin at the end of Feb. He's already enrolled in the GED program at the community college, and is in class 4 days a week. He's managed to navigate the bus system to some degree by himself, which has also been helpful and I think makes him feel more independent. Still not working (but filling out tons of applications), but lo and behold a few minutes ago a message was left on the phone from a manager at PetSmart asking him to call to set up an interview for next week!!!! We just filled that application out last nite, and while it is not the "perfect" job, it's something to hopefully get him started and build up his resume here in the states!! I hope that something comes through soon, because it has definitely been tough. Keep us in your prayers! :star:

Awesome MrsPalmer! Glad to hear you all are still adjusting! :star: You just put a bug in my ear about something I could do so Den can be active and social with maybe some sports!

Well, ladies, I am about to start the ball rolling on something I should've probably done long ago.

I don't blame you one bit...#######? :angry: Play time over... :thumbs:

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Hey Den how are yah

No complaints over here! :star:

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline
hope the NVC accepts that with no problem because that is exactly what I have....keep me posted. hope it arrives soon and friend is not giving you the runaround....

No no runaround, he gave me a tracking # it was mailed yesterday Fed Ex but I will def keep you posted

DO MY EYES DECEIVE ME :blink:

Dada, We rarely agree, lol - But you hit the nail on the head with this post.

:lol: yuh juss gimme joke, sus :lol:

What??? :blink: Does my eyes deceive me??? :blink: Sus agrees with me?? :blink: Well I be got darn. I would do some more dances :dance: but hell I can’t think of anymore..lol

Ok pigs are definitely flying flying_pigs.jpg

:angry: -What no More DING DING DING no more thinst0143.gif or this t0159.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Im just playing but glad you guys are acknowledging the other again m1205.gif

HeYYYYY Yardies!

And thanks to JaQ for coming to the wedding.

Anytime lady and thanks for buying that thing you got so now we can see each other more.

Stone and Mrs Palmer glad everything going good!

OK girls my heater went out last week so Im pretty mad but my landlord is putting us up in the hotel for the weekend so I might take her up on the offer. Its cold in Vegas.t7801.gif

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Timeline
AMQUEEN, They will put whoever you included on the application on the interview letter cause if you guys wanted she can get a K2, but if not just tell them at the interview she will not be traveling with him.

Great! Thank u!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning Yardies....how is everybody doing today? Any big plans for the weekend?

I have any big plans but I do have to take my daughter back to school on saturday. She attends Morgan State University. Oh we will also be looking for a bigger apartment. 5 ppl (4 women) and 1 bathroom is KILLING me. Since my stepson will be coming in April we need a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom apt ASAP.

thats great i wish mine were coming up even if was just for a visit

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
Hey My2 how’s the wedding planning coming along?

Has your mom learned to share you yet? LOL

wedding plans are going well .. my mom has her good days and others not so good..i am blessed that my fiance is patient and understands.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
Hey everyone...Long time no "write to"... :star: ...I see a lot of new names wow...this forum just keep growing and growing...

As most of you know i had my baby girl Hailey...she is a little over 3mths now...she is a gem if i do say so myself... :innocent: ...doesn't cry much and sleeps through the night (starting at 2mos)...she laughs a lot and is always smiling...I'm going to post a pic on my facebook...haven't been on that either...but will post a pic there for ya'll to see her...

Philly i saw your message on facebook via my cell phone but my cell phone is acting up so couldn't reply...my mom has a sister who is still in Haiti with her 3 kids...she is ok but they are sleeping on the streets because they are too scared to sleep in their house since they are still having tremors...my mom wants to try to get her kids over here...so she wanted me to see if there is anything out there that will allow family members of american citizens for urgent visas for loved ones in haiti...let me know if you know anything about that...

Adjustment update: Me and hubby are still going strong...he is still working at his job and still working on my nerve...sometimes...but all in all we are happy...he is planning to go to JA in April cause his brother in Canada is throwing a party in JA and wants him to come down with him...He wants to bring the baby but not sure if i feel comfortable yet with him traveling down there by himself with her...especially since he is going to do a lot of running around...his mom could watch her...but still...to me she is still too young...

hello missed you >.cant wait to see the baby

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.