Anthony+TZ

I-134 Co-sponsor can't provide employer letter

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My co-sponsor's employer has a policy against providing employment verification letters (don't ask me why...) so does anyone know if a signed explanatory letter from him would suffice? And he is including two of his most recent paychecks.

obviously I would rather err on the side of having too much evidence, but my dad's telling me this is the best he can do

thanks! we JUST found out our case is leaving the NVC after 103 days in AP!

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-31

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-30

NVC Received : they never told us!

NVC Left : 2009-01-11

Consulate Received : 2009-01-14

Packet 3 Received : 2009-01-22

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-01-25

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would have that employer at least write a letter saying that he's sorry but cannot do what immigration is asking for, and then include the pay stubs for the last year or at least as long as possible.

That is ridiculous that they won't sign a letter, no excuse for that. That boss is a jerk, he can't help out his good employees. Maybe he should see what it's like not to have a wife and then maybe he will be a little more nice and sign that letter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

London didn't ask for our co-sponsor's letter from employer. I know every case is different but we provided:

2 month's of recent paycheck stubs

3 year's tax returns/transcripts

bank statement

letter from employer

and the co-sponsor's birth certificate

They only asked for the paycheck stubs and tax returns. I know you want to be on the safe side so get what you can. A letter from the employer explaining the reasoning? or if that's not possible maybe a letter from him explaining. My co-sponsor's letter was very very brief anyways, it didn't say how much he made just that he's been a full time employer there for x amount of years because his employer wouldn't put salary.

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

I would have that employer at least write a letter saying that he's sorry but cannot do what immigration is asking for, and then include the pay stubs for the last year or at least as long as possible.

That is ridiculous that they won't sign a letter, no excuse for that. That boss is a jerk, he can't help out his good employees. Maybe he should see what it's like not to have a wife and then maybe he will be a little more nice and sign that letter.

Some employers do this to protect themselves from lawsuits.

If they write a letter stating X makes this amount of dollars, work is permanent, X is a great worker,

Worker X can try to use that in a lawsuit if the company fires them or reduces pay.

(This is what my HR person told me)

(moved from K-1 to Embassy - I-134 related)

Edited by Bobby+Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks! By the way, when you say "bank statement" do you mean a letter from a bank employee or just a statement you got in the mail/online? Because I keep my savings in an online-only bank and I use their paperless statements option. I just wonder how critical the embassy personnel will be towards my printed-off documents.

London didn't ask for our co-sponsor's letter from employer. I know every case is different but we provided:

2 month's of recent paycheck stubs

3 year's tax returns/transcripts

bank statement

letter from employer

and the co-sponsor's birth certificate

They only asked for the paycheck stubs and tax returns. I know you want to be on the safe side so get what you can. A letter from the employer explaining the reasoning? or if that's not possible maybe a letter from him explaining. My co-sponsor's letter was very very brief anyways, it didn't say how much he made just that he's been a full time employer there for x amount of years because his employer wouldn't put salary.

Edited by Anthony+TZ

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-31

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-30

NVC Received : they never told us!

NVC Left : 2009-01-11

Consulate Received : 2009-01-14

Packet 3 Received : 2009-01-22

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-01-25

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

Thanks! By the way, when you say "bank statement" do you mean a letter from a bank employee or just a statement you got in the mail/online? Because I keep my savings in an online-only bank and I use their paperless statements option. I just wonder how critical the embassy personnel will be towards my printed-off documents.

Usually they want this:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institution in which you have deposits giving the following details regarding your account:

date account opened

total amount deposited for the past year

present balance

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
My co-sponsor's employer has a policy against providing employment verification letters (don't ask me why...) so does anyone know if a signed explanatory letter from him would suffice? And he is including two of his most recent paychecks.

obviously I would rather err on the side of having too much evidence, but my dad's telling me this is the best he can do

I would just go with the most recent tax return and a couple recent pay stubs. Employer letters and bank letters are optional. You are seeing them on a list of possible supporting documents, not a list of required ones.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

There should be no reason for this policy (providing the employee, your sponsor asked for

the employment letter) other than the possibility that employees may get all or a portion

of their pay "off the books" - in that case there may be a problem with proving the sponsor

has the means by which he can act as a sponsor. I would ask the sponsor if this is the case.

The employment letter doesn't have to indicate how good the employee is, just how much he makes.

Edited by thongd4me

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

We just printed the most recent bank statement online. The most important thing is the tax returns/transcripts.

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
There should be no reason for this policy (providing the employee, your sponsor asked for

the employment letter) other than the possibility that employees may get all or a portion

of their pay "off the books" - in that case there may be a problem with proving the sponsor

has the means by which he can act as a sponsor. I would ask the sponsor if this is the case.

The employment letter doesn't have to indicate how good the employee is, just how much he makes.

Theoretically no, but it is a policy of some companys that across the board, they DO NOT provide employment letters. to OP; just bring paystubs/proof of employment and you can print out bank statements (specifically showing deposits) and bring those if you like

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.