charlie&pam

what is the total cost I need to send Pam?

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I figure she would have to make 3 trips there!!!! 1 for medical then 2nd for interview then the 3rd for after she gets passport back for the CFO .....WOW I almost forgot about the 4th trip !!!!! to get on an airplane to come home to me!!!!

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie...here is a suggested budget:

SLEC medical exam..........................................$213.35.......Php9708

Visa fee at Banco del Oro....................................131.00............5961

Air21 visa delivery fee............................................6.00.............273

CFO seminar and sticker.......................................14.29.............650

Food/restaurants: four trips/seven days in Manila...100.00...........4550

Taxi to get around Manila......................................60.00...........2730

Shopping/manicure/pedicure/waxing/haircut.........100.00...........4550

Going-away party for family.................................100.00...........4550

Pocket money for flight to U.S..............................100.00...........4550

Load: she needs your support................................20.00.............910

Bus fares from province.............................................??...............??

Dental work: less expensive in Pinas............................??...............??

Total..............................................................$844.64.......Php38432

Note: the exchange rate is based on $1:Php45.5...your mileage may vary.

~ Tahoma

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I figure she would have to make 3 trips there!!!! 1 for medical then 2nd for interview then the 3rd for after she gets passport back for the CFO .....WOW I almost forgot about the 4th trip !!!!! to get on an airplane to come home to me!!!!

That 4th trip is the most important!!!! :dance:

And good thing you're going through this now before the fee increases hit. The visa fee is going to be $350 sometime this year!!

~Johnny~

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

SLEC medical exam..........................................$213.35.......Php9708

Visa fee at Banco del Oro....................................131.00............5961

Air21 visa delivery fee............................................6.00.............273

CFO seminar and sticker.......................................14.29.............650

Taxi to get around Manila......................................60.00...........2730

Going-away party for family.................................100.00...........4550

Pocket money for flight to U.S..............................100.00...........4550

Load: she needs your support................................20.00.............910

Bus fares from province.............................................??...............??

Dental work: less expensive in Pinas............................??...............??

Total..............................................................$844.64.......Php38432

~ Tahoma

Hey, I like this chart! Except the manicure, pedicure waxing...$100...oh my!! I know for sure my baby's worth it and you now ..she probably deserves it after that ordeal with St Lukes, CFO and the USEM!! My girl would never ask for it but come to think of it...I'd probably double that number! :blush:

~Johnny~

I think the CFO should be closer to 750...

-P

~ Tahoma

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

I think the CFO should be closer to 750...

-P

its only 650, 250 for seminar 400 for sticker

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

^ Dianne...I believe that you are correct. My wife paid a total of Php650 for the CFO seminar and the sticker. Maybe the price went up since my wife went through the process. However, I won't argue over $2.00. :star:

~ Tahoma

Timeline

~ Tahoma

ok i am confused about the pocket money for the flight to the us? 100.00 ? if she is getting on the plane and I am meeting her at LAX why so much ????? Also If yuou wanted to add that you should of added the taxes at the airport and also the airfare so now we are looking at about 1500.00 total

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

They have good suggestions.

It went a little bit more costly for me because I had to travel to and from Cebu.

Although you may send her a specific amount, just get ready for more in case the need arises.

I haven't read if you have already set an interview date, Charlie. Like what most people advise, when the U.S. Embassy receives your case, give it two or three days before calling even without the letter of eligibility to schedule the interview. If you call too soon, they might have not entered the case into their system yet after receiving it. Don't ring them too late either by waiting for a week to receive the letter. My family in Cebu received the Embassy's letter when I arrived in the U.S.

Hakuna matata.

God bless us all.

FAE :luv:

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

As for the pocket money...

I flew from Manila to Hongkong to Los Angeles.

In my wallet was something like Php 2, 000 in cash and $ 100. I made sure that I had money in pesos and in dollars although my precious baby told me to bring all cash in dollars. The stop in Hongkong was about five hours. I only spent $ 9 while waiting in the HKG airport for the flight to LAX. The wait was quite long and I got hungry. Anyway, Cathay Pacific has served really delectable meals.

I flew alone because my baby attended his sister's wedding and couldn't pick me up from the Philippines.

I'm sure you can evaluate this financial matter.

And oh... my baby trusted so much that I could successfully request the CO to let me pick up my visa that he already had my flight ready even before my interview.

Hakuna matata.

God bless us all.

FAE :luv:

ok i am confused about the pocket money for the flight to the us? 100.00 ? if she is getting on the plane and I am meeting her at LAX why so much ????? Also If yuou wanted to add that you should of added the taxes at the airport and also the airfare so now we are looking at about 1500.00 total
17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Do like I did, just send her a couple of grand :devil:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Have you checked out the overweight baggage fees lately? I'll bet you wouldn't like the thought of your sweetie standing there in tears at the airport with her suitcases open trying to decide what to leave behind on the airport floor because her bags were overweight and you were too kuripot to send her a few bucks.

Also, she might want to eat something, buy a book or some magazines, or maybe even get you a gift.

I enjoyed a chair massage in the airport once before a long flight.

If she spends nothing, then she will have some walking-around money in her pocket when she is in the U.S. You plan to allow her that small luxury, don't you?

One item I forgot to add to the suggested budget: she could throw a respectable barangay-size going-away party for under $400.00. Just sayin' :star:

Have you checked out the overweight baggage fees lately? I'll bet you wouldn't like the thought of your sweetie standing there in tears at the airport with her suitcases open trying to decide what to leave behind on the airport floor because her bags were overweight and you were too kuripot to send her a few bucks.

Also, she might want to eat something, buy a book or some magazines, or maybe even get you a gift.

If she spends nothing, then she will have some walking-around money in her pocket when she is in the U.S. You plan to allow her that small luxury, don't you?

One item I forgot to add to the suggested budget: she could throw a respectable barangay-size going-away party for under $400.00. Just sayin' :star:

:P B) :P ...sigh.................

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Timeline

This is actually a really great point about baggage allowance.. I'm going out in April to grab a few of my sweetie's bags so that she'll have less to carry through when she comes to see me.. She lives in Davao, so I'll have her fly Mabuhay to Manila the day before, then it's 7:30 AM from Manila to Tokyo.. And then Tokyo to NYC.. Can't wait.. :dance:

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
28-Sep-2010 Mailed AOS packet via Express Mail
29-Sep-2010 Received @ Chicago Lockbox
18-Oct-2010 Received 797C NOA for Biometrics appointment
22-Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment (orig sched for 10/28)
29-Oct 2010 RFE (missing signature)
03-Nov Received RFE @ Chicago Lockbox
17-Nov Case transferred to California
24-Nov "Touched" Now being processed at USCIS office
30-Nov "Touched again"
03-Dec May calls Senator Joe Courtney's office for help getting EAD/AP approved
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
16-Dec EAD Approved (SMS/E-mail) USCIS indicates it was approved yesterday?
18-Dec EAD Card arrived in mail
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

31-May 2013 10yr GC approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.