Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks everyone!

Autumnal- I looked up pedi offices and then googled each doctor for reviews. Like you I didn't really know anyone, and well I wasn't sure the people I did know if I really trusted their judgement. Many Pedi's will do an open house or an interview with you before your due date.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Nausea started a bit before I even tested(thought it was in my head) not feeling the best, hopefully it won't get worse when we are up in Canada I'm not sure when I will tell family.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Nope, however i finally felt he baby. it feels weird lol, its kinda of like the baby is kneading dough inside my stomach. Occasionally it feels like she is grabbing the umbilical cord and sometiems doing somersaults. :)

Has anyone experienced Braxton Hicks yet? I am pretty sure I have. At first I thought it was just the baby moving into a strange position but after reading about it online I am pretty sure it is BH. My stomach will get really hard for a few seconds and then it goes away.

Oh Congrats!! So happy for you.

Got my bfp this morning!! We are not telling anyone yet, but I had to share here with you all. I turn 40 tomorrow, talk about a b-day present!

Lilac we are headed up to Canada Thursday and I'm not looking forward to my parents apartment for three weeks.

Marlyn, I had bh with a few of my pregnancies they were the worse with Alexis. I had them almost daily for a few months before she was born.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

So we had our 24 week appointment, and my good doctor the one i like confirmed it is a girl. I also mentioned to her the other doctor and how he didn't do anything at the last appointment. I was able to discuss with her a a million things, she even asked me a whack of stuff.

Apparently it turns out i'm experiencing some Costochondriitis. I thought i was having a hiatus hernia in my chest, or something, it was absolutely killing me and i could not event ouch my breastbone. Apparently its my ribs spreading and moving about for the baby and is common. But damn some days i can't even bend over it hurts so much :(

I gained another 8 lbs, and she said not to worry that my weight gain is good and within limits. its not too much or too little. She did tell me i could take Zantac for my really bad indigestion, which always crops up around 10pm right before bed. I had it so bad the other day i thought i was going to be sick again :( And she said 1 mg of magnesium would help with my leg cramps, ( omg now that was a killer pain middle of the night in my calf!!!) and that my left foot / leg swelling more than the right foot is normal and nothing to worry about. I've already had to buy bigger sandals and socks!

Looking in the mirror the other day, it hit me how pregnant i look lol. i seem to have exploded since i stopped being sick. Next appointment is the glucose test, and i was like EWWW i've heard about that lol. She said its not so bad, the stuff they have tastes like orange crush and its not that thick disgusting stuff it used to be. she told me to eat lots of protein the day before and after and to not eat super sugary stuff, and that hopefully i'll pass. I also found out my blood type..( i know eh? after 39 years i had no idea what type i was!) and that i did not need that special shot some people do with diff blood types.

All in all i felt so relieved and less stressed out after seeing her. And now i can finally say Caihla Michelle Nonnweiler instead of the baby :)

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Random...is anyone else waking up in the middle of the night around 3am with their stomach growling unable to sleep? I keep raiding the cupboards in the middle of the night before I can go back to sleep. Usually settle on a simple granola bar. So weird! I can't seem to sleep in anymore like I used to no matter how tired I am. My hips and thighs just ache a lot even with a pillow between them all night. Getting up relieves it right away so that's what I do. Are any of you taking naps? I tested negative on gestational diabetes but they found I have anemia so now I'm on iron. Explains why I'm always so tired and hopefully the iron supplements will help with that!

Edited by VeeNDee

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

Nausea started a bit before I even tested(thought it was in my head) not feeling the best, hopefully it won't get worse when we are up in Canada I'm not sure when I will tell family.

Sorry to hear about the nausea. Hopefully it doesn't get too bad with you. When we were still hiding it I'd excuse myself to go to the bathroom and made it in time before anyone knew what was up. Or I'd give my husband a 'look' and he'd know I was about to lose it and distract people while I made my escape hehe. There's always the "I must have a bug of some sort" :P

VeeNDee

Timeline

So we had our 24 week appointment, and my good doctor the one i like confirmed it is a girl. I also mentioned to her the other doctor and how he didn't do anything at the last appointment. I was able to discuss with her a a million things, she even asked me a whack of stuff.

Apparently it turns out i'm experiencing some Costochondriitis. I thought i was having a hiatus hernia in my chest, or something, it was absolutely killing me and i could not event ouch my breastbone. Apparently its my ribs spreading and moving about for the baby and is common. But damn some days i can't even bend over it hurts so much sad.png

I gained another 8 lbs, and she said not to worry that my weight gain is good and within limits. its not too much or too little. She did tell me i could take Zantac for my really bad indigestion, which always crops up around 10pm right before bed. I had it so bad the other day i thought i was going to be sick again sad.png And she said 1 mg of magnesium would help with my leg cramps, ( omg now that was a killer pain middle of the night in my calf!!!) and that my left foot / leg swelling more than the right foot is normal and nothing to worry about. I've already had to buy bigger sandals and socks!

Looking in the mirror the other day, it hit me how pregnant i look lol. i seem to have exploded since i stopped being sick. Next appointment is the glucose test, and i was like EWWW i've heard about that lol. She said its not so bad, the stuff they have tastes like orange crush and its not that thick disgusting stuff it used to be. she told me to eat lots of protein the day before and after and to not eat super sugary stuff, and that hopefully i'll pass. I also found out my blood type..( i know eh? after 39 years i had no idea what type i was!) and that i did not need that special shot some people do with diff blood types.

All in all i felt so relieved and less stressed out after seeing her. And now i can finally say Caihla Michelle Nonnweiler instead of the baby smile.png

How exciting that you know it is a girl!! We are waiting for the surprise at birth but I keep dreaming about baby girls for some reason. Maybe my brain is just fooling me. Bet you are excited to get all sorts of pink and sparkly frilly things for her. Sounds like the new doctor is a MUCH better fit for you. Sorry to hear about the costochondritis - do you think it will improve soon or is this a pregnancy long type thing for you?

Yeah I'm now 26 weeks and definitely look pregnant - all the weight I lost earlier plus it being my first pregnancy means I don't look quite as big as some others due the same month but it's obvious and people keep commenting on it when I walk around town doing errands.

Oh and the stomach touching has been going on for a few weeks now. So weird... I don't get why people want to do that! So far I've only had one of them actually ask for permission beforehand too!

I need to start looking into the pediatrician thing. It is just hard because I would like my husband to be there but he works long hours..

Yeah I was hoping to drag my husband to every appointment with me, but it just seems like a lot of places have their last appointments at 3 - the ultrasound he had to leave work early for. Right now I have finally figured out that it's just easier if I do the 'routine' appointments and he comes for the special ones (like ultrasounds, etc). It's so hard to coordinate. Soon we have appointments every other week too!!

VeeNDee

Timeline

Regarding the pediatrician thing - I have been told I need to find a pediatrician for the baby too, but from being in Canada I thought the regular doctor was good enough and you only needed to see a pediatrician if you had some kind of specific disease in a child. What is the difference I am missing?

VeeNDee

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah in Canada you went to one doctor for everything... here it seems to work differently.. you have a different doctor for everything..

luckily my husband had extra vacation days laying around and all my appointments were pre-scheduled. So he just scheduled half days off for my appointments. There is only a few he won't be able to come to..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Random...is anyone else waking up in the middle of the night around 3am with their stomach growling unable to sleep? I keep raiding the cupboards in the middle of the night before I can go back to sleep. Usually settle on a simple granola bar. So weird! I can't seem to sleep in anymore like I used to no matter how tired I am. My hips and thighs just ache a lot even with a pillow between them all night. Getting up relieves it right away so that's what I do. Are any of you taking naps? I tested negative on gestational diabetes but they found I have anemia so now I'm on iron. Explains why I'm always so tired and hopefully the iron supplements will help with that!

during the first trimester i did wake up starving and what not, now its not so bad. I make sure to eat a light snack if i can before bed, but i still get up at 4 am like clockwork for the bathroom. I have tried the pillow thing between my legs but its sooo awkward and weird LOL. what i have to do is lay with my feet up on like 3 pillows to relive the swelling and leg cramps i've started getting.

yeah in Canada you went to one doctor for everything... here it seems to work differently.. you have a different doctor for everything..

luckily my husband had extra vacation days laying around and all my appointments were pre-scheduled. So he just scheduled half days off for my appointments. There is only a few he won't be able to come to..

I was lucky, David was allowed to schedule "flex time", basically he works longer hours each day for 2 week so he can have a day off the next week, which allows me to schedule appointments around that, and we end up with a 3 day weekend together, which means going shopping on a Monday is much nicer.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

How exciting that you know it is a girl!! We are waiting for the surprise at birth but I keep dreaming about baby girls for some reason. Maybe my brain is just fooling me. Bet you are excited to get all sorts of pink and sparkly frilly things for her. Sounds like the new doctor is a MUCH better fit for you. Sorry to hear about the costochondritis - do you think it will improve soon or is this a pregnancy long type thing for you?

Yeah I'm now 26 weeks and definitely look pregnant - all the weight I lost earlier plus it being my first pregnancy means I don't look quite as big as some others due the same month but it's obvious and people keep commenting on it when I walk around town doing errands.

Oh and the stomach touching has been going on for a few weeks now. So weird... I don't get why people want to do that! So far I've only had one of them actually ask for permission beforehand too!

Yeah I was hoping to drag my husband to every appointment with me, but it just seems like a lot of places have their last appointments at 3 - the ultrasound he had to leave work early for. Right now I have finally figured out that it's just easier if I do the 'routine' appointments and he comes for the special ones (like ultrasounds, etc). It's so hard to coordinate. Soon we have appointments every other week too!!

The doctor said i've pretty much got the chest pain for the whole pregnancy. :( but that it should go away after. some days are better than others at least. No one has touched my belly or asked, aside form hubby, and i'm glad. its just so weird for ppl to do that i mean jeez lol.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

You can do a regular family doctor, many ppl I know do they didn't bother with a pedi. One thing I like and why I picked a pedi was that they do Saturday appointments when you need to take in a sick baby.

I actually had a pedi with my kids in Canada he was great wish I could still use him.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I think found a good one.. she actually has a couple of reviews on yelp... they don't have Saturday hours though.. and it is about 15 minutes away..

They have a tonne that are closer but the don't have the Cigna Care Designation (something to do with quality and cost-efficiency)...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.