Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
The technician said it looks like its a girl, but they had to poke my belly a bit to try and get baby to move since it was hard to see anything. so i guess we are still not 100% sure on gender. oh and she gave us the babys weight of 9oz, and that certain parts looked ok. we kind of brainstormed all weekend about girls names. The one i had picked out we were not sure if we should use it since its very close to his friends daughters name but we decided last night to heck with worrying were going to name her what we want. So we chose Kayla Michelle, but we are going to spell it differently, i'm just not sure on the Gaelic spelling lol. possibly Caihla or Caela we haven't quite decided yet.

Kimbear, congrats on probably having a girl! How exciting! I am sorry to hear you doctor's visit was less than expected. I am totally with you on the "this is my first pregnancy, what should I be asking anyway?" The practice I am going to does the same as yours - there are 5 or 6 doctors - so we see all of them because we don't know who will be the "delivering" doctor. Have you looked up the doctors on www.healthgrades.com or on www.vitals.com ? I would definitely rate the doctor and let others know of yoru experience. No one should be treated like "just another pregnant woman."

Timeline

We TTC'd for 3 years and the next step for us was supposed to be IVF because our RE said we would never get pregnant by ourselves, but in April we got a little surprise. Yesterday made 11 weeks! This baby is definitely half Quebecois, I woke up yesterday with the most intense craving for poutine from La Banquise. Thankfully we had some poutine sauce in the house or I might have made a spur of the moment Montreal trip! Got to love the fact that Mathew's mom brings mass quantities of the food he misses from back home when she visits.

Yeah! I remember when you are I were waiting for our K-1 visas for our significan others. I like waiting for babies better! Although like the government and their mail service with visa material, we have no exact idea when our babies will come! I am due with twins from an ivf procedure. My DH has severe oligospermia and we had to do a procedure to inject the few sperm he had into my eggs. I am so happy it worked the first time for us because all the meds I had to take to make lots of eggs were intense. My due date is Dec. 19 but the doctor said anytime after Nov. 19 I should expect my little ones to arrive. Congrats on the exciting next step in your married life!

Timeline

so I had a little scare on the weekend. I thought I might be leaking amniotic fluid so we went to the hospital. Turns out I wasn't, phew, but I felt a bit silly for overreacting. all the nurses said it was perfectly understandable and didn't make me feel stupid for coming in.

Marilyn, so glad it was nothing. Better safe than sorry. How many weeks along are you now?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am 24 weeks.

I am not sure if I have mentioned this here before but I have been pregnant twice before. Our baby boy was born at 22/23 weeks and only lived for 12 days. Our baby girl was stillborn at 19 weeks after I got an infection. So with this one every little pain etc makes me overreact..

I want to get Emily a baby sister shirt. Husband says that would not be weird for us but it might be hard to explain to others but I said it would be just for her to wear at home.

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I can only imagine how hard it is for you. I think a baby sister shirt would be nice.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

it has been a tough road.. the two pregnancies happened in 2006 and 2007.. It took until 2010 for me to want to try again. then it took 3 years after that for it to actually happen...

Things have been going a lot better with this one though.. everything looks great so far. They did check my amniotic fluid level at the hospital and said it was 16 which they said is great.

My husband is so in love with his little girl already. She is going to have him wrapped around her little finger..lol He says she won't.. yeah right..lol I really can't wait to hold her in my arms, it has been a long time coming..

Have any of you started shopping yet? I really have to hold myself back when I go into thrift stores but I have bought a few things already.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

If your physician is treating you rather callously/disinterestedly, I'd be inclined to say look for another care provider. It's not like the attitude will change in the delivery room and you definitely want a good rapport for one of the more momentous occasions in your life! I am lucky that a friend's recommendation has proven to be stellar, though I have to drive halfway across the city most times to see my physician. He's part of a practice of four and I do not know whether I should make accommodations to meet the others and see if I like them as much. It'll be on the growing list of questions of 'clueless first time mom' I have for him when I enter my third trimester on Canada Day.

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

Timeline

the doctor I had for my first two pregnancies was nice enough but I felt like I was just a number in a file. She just seemed to want to get as many patients in and out as possible. I never felt like I could talk to her or ask her questions. The final straw is when she berated me the day after our baby girl was stillborn. She basically told me it was my fault.. cray5ol.gif

The doctors I have now are great. I feel like I can ask them anything and I feel really comfortable with them. The only thing that I dislike is their billing department. and the fact I can't choose what hospital I want. We pay good money for our insurance so we can have choices ..grrr

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I am 24 weeks.

I want to get Emily a baby sister shirt. Husband says that would not be weird for us but it might be hard to explain to others but I said it would be just for her to wear at home.

Marilyn, I think that a baby sister shirt would be sweet to remember the little ones you have lost. My mom lost a baby of unknown gender between me and my next sister. My dad always wanted boys and I wonder how my family would have been different if sibling had survived.

I have gotten some clothes, toys, equipment from people. I have quite v collection already. I don't know if we are having boys or girls for our twins but I have no issue with hand me downs since babies hardly use most of the stuff people buy for them.

Hi there.

I am new on this part of the forum. I am starting to get information on finding daycare for my son when i'll get a job once i enter the US with my visa. I am really not interested in putting him in a daycare.First of all i don't like the way the system works and it is too expensive for what it is (i have seen children with snots all over their mouth).

Is there any other option, like a stay at home daycare or a good preschool maybe? My son is 2 years old.

I have already lived in the US but i have been out for a year now because of the visa process, he was younger at that time so i wasn't worrying about that.

Also i wanted to know where i could find nice clothing for him? I must say i am getting tired of carter's. In France i always get him clothes from really nice kids store, i don't know if you have ever heard of it in Canada (sergent major, verbaudet, DPAM etc...)

Any suggestion?

K1 Journey:

NOA1: 08/21/2012 (CSC)

NOA2: 04/24/2013 (8 months ClockWatch2.gif )

NVC received: 05/02/2013

NVC sent to Embassy: 05/06/2013 (only took 4 days !!)

Packet 3 received: 06/01/2013 (our son's 2nd birthday !!).Packet 3 response leaving in the mail on the next business day (06/04)

Medical: 06/11/2013

Interview: 06/18/2013. No packet 4 received, interview notice given on the phone the day before.

APPROVED !!

POE Chicago: 07/05/2013

AOS (EAD/AP) Journey:

NOA1: 07/30/2013

Biometrics: 09/09/2013

EAD/AP: 10/09/2013

Received a "potential interview waiver case" letter on 11/23/13.

GREEN CARD APPROVED AND IN PRODUCTION ON 03/17/2014

ROC I-751:

Sent: 01/09/16

NOA1: 01/11/16

Approval and Production Notice: 07/29/16

Timeline

Hi there.

I am new on this part of the forum. I am starting to get information on finding daycare for my son when i'll get a job once i enter the US with my visa. I am really not interested in putting him in a daycare.First of all i don't like the way the system works and it is too expensive for what it is (i have seen children with snots all over their mouth).

Is there any other option, like a stay at home daycare or a good preschool maybe? My son is 2 years old.

I have already lived in the US but i have been out for a year now because of the visa process, he was younger at that time so i wasn't worrying about that.

Also i wanted to know where i could find nice clothing for him? I must say i am getting tired of carter's. In France i always get him clothes from really nice kids store, i don't know if you have ever heard of it in Canada (sergent major, verbaudet, DPAM etc...)

Any suggestion?

Hi Loladolly, for child care you can find in home daycares, some are better then others just like the daycare centers. You could also look for a nanny I hear a lot of ppl recommend care.com for finding sitters. From what I know of preschools they are pretty much the same as most daycares some better then others. You will notice most parents in the US like to call the daycare schools, and some ppl will go as far and tell that they are a must in child development. Montasory (sp) schools are another form of daycare that some ppl feel are better quality. I'm sorry I can't help with daycares other then telling you what I hear from friends, I am very lucky that I'm able to stay home.

As for nice cloths, I really don't think there's much out there, Old Navy I hear is pretty good, I never found anything I liked in there. Almost every stores here sells Carters, but after 5 kids I tend to stop being so picky.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Hi there.

Any suggestion?

Hanna Andersson has nice clothes: http://www.hannaandersson.com/home.asp

There’s also Baby Gap, Gymboree, LL Bean Kids, Land’s End.

You may even find a mail order company or two.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

For kids clothes, there are also cute clothes on zulily.com.

I just had my first prenatal visit yesterday and my next one is in 4 weeks. I'll be 10 weeks by then and I'm anxious for them to schedule a sonogram. I just want to make sure my little bean is where it should be and all is well!

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Timeline

I realized today that i no longer have ankles laughing.gif Went to my family doctor since my husband got me sick again for the 2nd time with a cold in like 2 months :( They put me on antibiotics. Not a happy camper. I haven't been able to sleep in the last 3 days due to congestion and post nasal drip. :(

Now that i'm past the 5 month mark wow.gif (already??!!) I've realized shaving my legs is starting to be almost impossible lol. Anyone have any suggestions :P Its getting harder every day to bend over and see past my stomach when i'm only 5'4 to begin with. rofl.gif

And Ow ow ow the back pains i'm getting now a days are just OWIE :( it doesn't matter how i sit my back just is killing me! Now i know why my mom wanted a ####### reduction when i was a kid. she was only 5'0 but had DD and always had back pain. Why on earth anyone would want to have boobs this big all the time i have no idea!! I don't care how much hubbie loves them i cannot wait til they are gone! rofl.gif

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.