Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am almost 20 weeks, but i have not felt a thing from the baby yet. at least i don't think i have. Kinda worried about that :( although i did read it could just be the position the baby is in. I guess i'll find out on Monday at our big appointment.

I can't remember kimbear but are you planning to find out the gender of you baby?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Going to try and call to set up an appointment at a community clinic today. I feel so out of my league, not having insurance. It's all so intimidating and I definitely miss the days of calling up and making an appointment with no worries. I worry that I won't get quality care, I guess.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you might not feel anything yet if it is your first pregnancy.. This is my third pregnancy, I never felt anything with the first two. With this one at first it felt like little bubbles popping or some people say it feels kind of like butterflies.. also some babies just are not as active as others..

http://www.webmd.com/baby/fetal-movement-feeling-baby-kick?page=2

This exactly, I started feeling Alexis way early something like 12 weeks but she was baby #5 for me and it was just bubbles and flutters. I only noticed because I knew what to expect. If your little one is hiding towards your back or behind the placenta you won't feel much at all till the little one is bigger.

Going to try and call to set up an appointment at a community clinic today. I feel so out of my league, not having insurance. It's all so intimidating and I definitely miss the days of calling up and making an appointment with no worries. I worry that I won't get quality care, I guess.

I don't think your care would be any less at the clinic. Their are doctors offices who also do a cash rate/sliding scale maybe the clinic can help you find one.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

at my appointment on Monday the doctor was listening to the heartbeat and you could hear Emily moving around. The doctor said, wow, you got an active one in there" ..

She has been super active since the beginning. they always have a hard time finding her heartbeat and trying to get a good ultrasound image..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Is this through your Canadian or American insurance? If it's American, some of the mandates of the Affordable Care Act (ACA, "Obamacare") already cover breast pumps under the "Women's and Preventive Health" measures. It should already be covered for you, at least for most plans. I'd call your plan and ask to know whether the breastfeeding supplies are covered for your plan, if they offer discounted rates through specific vendors/providers, and what other benefits you have.

See: http://www.healthcare.gov/news/factsheets/2011/08/womensprevention08012011a.html

and

See: http://healthfinder.gov/HealthTopics/Category/pregnancy/getting-ready-for-your-baby/breastfeed-your-baby#take-action_1

Your state will probably also provide support if you're considered low income, though I don't want to make any assumptions there. If your baby is due after 1/1/14, you may also be eligible to enroll on a more affordable health plan on the Marketplace. And in that case, they do have to cover the breastfeeding equipment as part of the Essential Health Benefits package. Your mileage may vary depending on your income and your state, but pre-existing conditions don't apply.

From what I know a lot of plans will only cover breast pumps if you are returning to work. Some will only pay a portion and only for returning to work mothers.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

I looked more closely at our plan and it says the pump is covered if my doctor orders it. So I am wondering if I can just get my doctor to order it or does there have to be a special reason?

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

at my appointment on Monday the doctor was listening to the heartbeat and you could hear Emily moving around. The doctor said, wow, you got an active one in there" ..

That is great Marilyn so happy for you.

Looks like I won't be joining you ladies just yet, AF showed her ugly head late but she came just the same. Round two of clomid hoe this will be the month.

I looked more closely at our plan and it says the pump is covered if my doctor orders it. So I am wondering if I can just get my doctor to order it or does there have to be a special reason?

Probably, most women I met said they had the OB or the Pedi's write it with returning to work comments.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That is great Marilyn so happy for you.

Looks like I won't be joining you ladies just yet, AF showed her ugly head late but she came just the same. Round two of clomid hoe this will be the month.

Probably, most women I met said they had the OB or the Pedi's write it with returning to work comments.

Hey ontarikie!

how are you feeling well on clomid? are they observing you via ultrasound?

It looks like I will start it in the next few months since Im not frigging Ovulating

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

I had fun garage saling today. I got a cute Christmas sleeper for 25 cents. Wasn't much in the way of maternity clothes which was sad. I bought a cool pattern yesterday to make maternity top, pants, and dresses so I can have something cute to wear.

Timeline

Hey ontarikie!

how are you feeling well on clomid? are they observing you via ultrasound?

It looks like I will start it in the next few months since Im not frigging Ovulating

I'm doing ok with clomid I take 50mg so pretty low. I had all the fun test hsg,blood work, some ultrasound with dye, checked my ovaries at that time. I had to have polyps removed and he did a d&c sent it off and the results were that I wasn't ovulating regularly for awhile. The polyps were the cause of my m/c in Nov. For monitoring I was kinda surprised he didn't want to do any more ultra sounds. But he figures I just need a it of a jump start. Maybe that is why. Clomid has made me a bit more emotional but that is pretty much it.

Are you seeing a fertility doctor or your ob?

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

ugh, I feel icky today. I went out for a bit but had to come home because I wasn't feeling good. I feel a little better now that I am lying in bed... I think I was experiencing some braxton-hicks or it was side effects from the progesterone shots...

part of me gets a little paranoid when I start to feel like this because of what happened with my last two pregnancies..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I'm really at a loss with what to do with myself after work. I finally can unwind and I have no idea of what to do. Television or a movie are too distracting. I don't want to read, I've no energy or focus to write. I barely haul myself to the gym at this point. Any ideas on how to unwind and ways to keep active without too much stress or pushing and pulling? I love my husband but he's so stressed out from work all he wants to do is vanish into a computer game right now, and I'm feeling pretty much on my own coming up with ideas to dispel the boredom, and I can't think of anything. L:/

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm doing ok with clomid I take 50mg so pretty low. I had all the fun test hsg,blood work, some ultrasound with dye, checked my ovaries at that time. I had to have polyps removed and he did a d&c sent it off and the results were that I wasn't ovulating regularly for awhile. The polyps were the cause of my m/c in Nov. For monitoring I was kinda surprised he didn't want to do any more ultra sounds. But he figures I just need a it of a jump start. Maybe that is why. Clomid has made me a bit more emotional but that is pretty much it.

Are you seeing a fertility doctor or your ob?

Im seeing a OB at the hospital but she works hand in hand with a Fertility doctor. From what they can tell so far I am not ovulating monthly. I have not had a dye test yet but I have had blood work and an ultrasound.

I keep wondering if my doctor screwed up me when she did my D&E when I had my misccariage( at 16 weeks) in July last year since then I have had no luck getting pregnant.

I switched OB's a few weeks ago due to her not wanting to do any testing.

so we have a few more tests to go through but she is thinking she will end up putting me on clomid. I have an appointment on the 12th

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

I'm really at a loss with what to do with myself after work. I finally can unwind and I have no idea of what to do. Television or a movie are too distracting. I don't want to read, I've no energy or focus to write. I barely haul myself to the gym at this point. Any ideas on how to unwind and ways to keep active without too much stress or pushing and pulling? I love my husband but he's so stressed out from work all he wants to do is vanish into a computer game right now, and I'm feeling pretty much on my own coming up with ideas to dispel the boredom, and I can't think of anything. L:/

Autumnal, maybe you can find a prenatal swimming or yoga class in your area? I know the prenatal swim class that is at my YMCA has been a great lift to my spirits and allows me to relax.

What about some other hobbies? Maybe take up knitting or crocheting - make something for your baby? There are great youtube videos that I have used to teach myself how to crochet better. The nice thing about knitting or crocheting is that the up front cost for the needles to do the work are pretty cheap, but yarn can sometimes be more expensive if you want some fancy schmancy stuff. I love Caron's Simply Soft - so nice and fuzzy to the touch.

I know I am still so tired in the evenings that about all I am good for is going to sleep when the day is over - but twice a week I go the prenatal swim class and I find it encouraging to talk with other pregnant women and get reminded that how I feel now at 12 weeks will eventually pass, although maybe not so much with twins that I am having, but definitely some more energy is coming my way. I hope you find something that helps you pass the time and might actually be useful in your preparation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.