Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Its been super hot here the last few days in Chicago and for some reason i cannot get cool enough. Have the house set to 70F but i was still dying last night. And today looks to be another heat wave. I want to go get a new swim suit so we can go over to my SIL's, but i have no idea how much bigger i'm going to get and i don't know if they make suits THAT stretchy lol. Finding any maternity stuff lately is either non existent in some stores, so i go looking at the big girl sections. I'm thinking since Target has suits on sale for like 17$ i can just get two, one that is a lil bit bigger now, and one later that is alot bigger. I'm opting for the ones that have a top that kind of has a skirt bottom attached which will cover the tummy. BTW is it ok if the belly get sun exposure while preggers?

You're in Chicago, Kimbear, you have lots of options. Make sure to check out Clothes Mentor, a consignment chain that is extremely picky about what they take. Their maternity wear is very good and they carry an assortment -- Liz Lange from Target up to Mimi, Destination Maternity, and Pea in the Pod. Their prices are more than fair too. I ended up buying three or four dresses there for $40, and the majority aren't Motherhood. (Ugh, I get so sick of them) My store in Michigan is so new they're still building stock. The one in Naperville (Rt 59 @ Ogden area, with the giant Jo-Ann on IL 59) is well worth taking a look at.

Get a tankini two-piece! Comfy, stylish, expands well. You may have missed Costco having a bunch of swimsuits but they may still carry them - $19 for a Speedo is definitely a great deal. Look for side ruching if you can, and avoid one pieces. They don't stretch in the same way we'll need. The two pieces are much more comfortable and de rigueur for maternity wear.

I've searched online -- there are some much, much better details, especially now. I'm trying to remember the name of the big online swim site I got mine from. $20 should do just fine, and usually you order your pre-pregnancy size. If you want to explore, go poke around a Motherhood store (to try on if they have them); I am trying to think where else I've seen the bathing suits. Kohl's is a dead loss.

Two words for my despicable cravings: ketchup chips.

I'm going home this weekend for Memorial Day and I know what I'm buying by the bag...

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

Timeline

Two words for my despicable cravings: ketchup chips.

I'm going home this weekend for Memorial Day and I know what I'm buying by the bag...

AGH!! Now I want them too haha :P

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

Thanks for those tips Autumnal! i didn't even KNOW about those stores lol.

and i'm cravin bigtime really good tomato soup..but all the ones here are very acidic..not creamy or slightly sweet..the campbells here i find sucks :(

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for those tips Autumnal! i didn't even KNOW about those stores lol.

and i'm cravin bigtime really good tomato soup..but all the ones here are very acidic..not creamy or slightly sweet..the campbells here i find sucks sad.png

not sure if they have it where you are but I buy Tomato soup in a box.. The brand is Pacific foods. The soup is really good. I also like there Carrot Ginger soup..

http://www.pacificfoods.com/our-foods/creamy-soups

it looks like Safeway or Whole Foods might carry it..

I have seen it at Super Walmart here in SoCal

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Marilyn, congrats on your birthday! I will be 37 in a few weeks. Like, you I thought I would have babies before now but I am so glad I get the opportunity to have babies regardless of how old I am.

I might have to check on that maternity resale store in the Chicago area. My husband and I travel through Chicago to visit my mom.

It is raining really hard here in Michigan. Better than being so hot. Ugh.

Timeline

So I am now 39 and pregnant. I always thought I would have kids when I was younger but it didn't work out that way for me.

Happy Birthday!!!

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

so because next Monday is a holiday I have to go to Urgent Care to get my weekly progesterone shot. The nurse at my doctor's told me to make an appointment. I was thinking that I don't think you can make appointments but I did call and they told me no. I just hope I don't have to wait to long when I go.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hopefully Marilyn you appointment will be quick given it is the holiday. Today I got to quit my progesterone suppositories. Yeah! Those things were annoying.

Today I was cleaning out my classroom of 12 years of accumulation. I am so tired. I need to rest more.

Timeline

well that is my concern.. it might be really busy because it is a holiday..

although I am thinking it might be ok because I don't actually have to see a doctor, just a nurse..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Sooo, my husband's work decided to change our health coverage effective June 1, so I rescheduled my June 3 ultrasound for next week instead to be covered. We haven't figured out the new coverage other than we need to get a new doctor and it will cost a bit more each month (of course)....and then still go on COBRA and then new coverage again... figures. American healthcare is so confusing. How many doctors am I going to go through???

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

our insurance premiums and copays are going up in June :P I do get to keep my same doctors though... what really sucks though is that my out of pocket maximum was reached a few weeks back but of course it starts over in June :(

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.