Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kimbear, try eating some pumpkin seeds, almonds, cooked lentils, and raisins. My mom was always eating those to keep the "anemia monsters" away. Especially the raisins in the days leading up to blood tests since her doctor was "anemia happy". Also when you eat iron rich foods you want to eat them with foods high in vitamin C - maybe drink some orange juice to go with them or eat some citrus fruit. I think you are smart to skip the down syndrome tests - unless you would consider terminating a pregnancy, why have tests that aren't one hundred percent accurate and could actually cause miscarriage done. Just doesn't seem smart to me and I will be skipping them too.

For the DHA, try seaweed, ground flaxseeds (I put a table spoon on my cereal in the morning, it is grainy sweet taste), walnuts, and canola oil.

Hope you can keep your thyroid working properly. How did the doctors know it was going wacky?

Marilyn, glad you are feeling better after your shots last week.

AFM, ugh, tonight is the first night I really feel like I would like to throw up. I laid down about an hour after eating supper to talk to the Canadian in laws and within minutes I felt like I was going to be sick. Felt fine when I was sitting up. Yep, 5 weeks for me yesterday!

Been eating my raisins, walnuts, and almonds to keep my tummy happy in between my bigger meals. I have to keep from eating too much tomato based food too close to bed otherwise I wake up in the middle of the night with heartburn. Came home and slept 1.5 hours after work before DH got home. I didn't get the cleaning done I wanted to do, but I felt a little bit better and not quite so exhausted. Granted I am ready to go back to sleep now, but I don't want that nauseous feeling to come back again. Next week Tuesday April 23 I have my ultrasound and I have a job interview. I am excited. Will it be one or two babies? Will it be a job I would enjoy? Next week is going to be interesting.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I keep changing my mind on a middle name to go with Emily. My latest thought was Emily Helen.. Helen for my favourite grandmother who died a few years ago. My husband said that it is an option .. :P

We still have not agreed on a boy's name. he vetoed William..

have any of you considered doing that 3D/4D ultrasound? We re thinking abut doing it around 25 weeks...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Marilyn, I like the ring of Emily Helen. Very regal sounding. Sorry that William got vetoed. I don't know about the 3D ultrasound. Once DH and find out if we are having one or two babies, the decisions about more ultrasounds will likely be made. If I have one baby, I want to go with a homebirth midwife so there would be no ultrasounds with that, except maybe a gender ultrasound if I can swing that. If there are two babies, then I will likely be ultrasounded a lot and think a 3D ultrasound would be cool.

Edited by lilacvioletiris

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think Colleens had a 3d ultrasound, we didn't bother with one. I saw a few 3d pics and didn't really like how it made the little one look. I was told that you want to get it done earlier in your pregnancy then later as it is harder to get a good shot. Some doctors office do them its just a matter of whether your tech is in a good mood, as they just flip a switch if its a newer machine.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

hum, well, since the "prenatal peek" is only available in states far away from me, I guess I won't be doing that one particularly. I have seen some of my friends have them in my area in the midwest - and I think like Ontarkie said, there are doctor's offices that do them. I figure the less ultrasounds the better unless there is a medical necessity to see what is going on inside. It would be cool to see what the baby looks like even before it is born but I guess a little mystery is a good thing!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

oh that was just an example. I am sure there are places close to where you live that do it.. here are some other places..

http://www.storkvision.com/locations.html

http://www.anticipationultrasoundstudio.com/Locations.htm

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I keep changing my mind on a middle name to go with Emily. My latest thought was Emily Helen.. Helen for my favourite grandmother who died a few years ago. My husband said that it is an option .. :P

We still have not agreed on a boy's name. he vetoed William..

have any of you considered doing that 3D/4D ultrasound? We re thinking abut doing it around 25 weeks...

I had 3d/4d done at 29 weeks. They say the best time is between 26-32 weeks. When I went at 29 weeks they gave me the stink Eye as I carry small babies, I got tons of pictures and they turned out great but close ups were not great. they suggested I come back at 33 weeks.

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

canadiangal, how exactly were you supposed to know that your baby "wasn't as big as would be picture perfect"? Wow. Again it reminds me that there are things in medical science that are beyond our control.

AFM, I think my body has finally decided that hanging onto water is not completely necessary and that I will drink more. I had gained almost 5 pounds since I had the positive pregnancy test, but now I am down to having gained only 3 pounds.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

canadiangal, how exactly were you supposed to know that your baby "wasn't as big as would be picture perfect"? Wow. Again it reminds me that there are things in medical science that are beyond our control.

AFM, I think my body has finally decided that hanging onto water is not completely necessary and that I will drink more. I had gained almost 5 pounds since I had the positive pregnancy test, but now I am down to having gained only 3 pounds.

Yeah how big your child is matters yet how does one know without an ultrasound lol.

Our friend got hers done at 32 weeks and they told her she came too late.

The good thing is that most places will give you a redo if the baby is not in a good position.

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

We had our 14 week obgyn appointment last week and everything went pretty well. She advised continuing the anti nausea meds and since I have lost a little more weight still from the last time told me I have free license to eat whatever I want. Nutrition apparently doesn't matter so long as I gain weight so she advised lots of ice cream and pizza. Ha...I wish. I can't seem to eat cheese yet again! But I am loving the free license for now. She said we could worry about nutrition later.

Also the baby's heartbeat is varying between 150 and 160...we are waiting till birth to find out the gender because we want that surprise but I keep dreaming about baby girls and so does my husband so we are both leaning heavily towards it being a girl. But who really knows!! We could be surprised!

I got to book our 20 week ultrasound, which apparently is going to be a 21 week ultrasound as recommended. Coming up in 5 weeks!

I am hoping now that our AOS is approved a lot of my stress will settle down and also being in 2nd trimester things are looking up!

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

Marilyn, glad to hear you may be able to do your 3D ultrasound locally rather than having to make a trek.

VeeNDee, I hope your AOS gets approved to. I know when my DH got his approval it was a great stress relief.

AFM, yesterday I had my first ultrasound of my babies. Yep, that's right babies! I am having TWINS! Two little strong heart beats pounding away. I am humbled and in awe that I am growing two little humans. Dry heave vomited this morning caused by trying to cough up phlegm brought on by allergies that I can't do anything about because anti-histamines are a no no in pregnancy.

DH is so excited! He is telling everyone. I am bit more reserved however. A couple more weeks before I get too talky talky with people about my pregnancy.

Timeline

Marilyn, glad to hear you may be able to do your 3D ultrasound locally rather than having to make a trek.

VeeNDee, I hope your AOS gets approved to. I know when my DH got his approval it was a great stress relief.

AFM, yesterday I had my first ultrasound of my babies. Yep, that's right babies! I am having TWINS! Two little strong heart beats pounding away. I am humbled and in awe that I am growing two little humans. Dry heave vomited this morning caused by trying to cough up phlegm brought on by allergies that I can't do anything about because anti-histamines are a no no in pregnancy.

DH is so excited! He is telling everyone. I am bit more reserved however. A couple more weeks before I get too talky talky with people about my pregnancy.

Oh that is fantastic news - congratulations! :)

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.