Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow! It's crazy how pregnancy happens in groups

When I was 11 weeks I got this awful flu and threw up every 15 minutes for like 5 hours. It was insane. I never get sick and never throw up, so I was naturally freaking out. I called the doctor several times... they said that it wouldn't hurt the baby as long as I kept hydrated, and she was fine. They suggested Gatorade if you're having a hard time keeping stuff down. Ally liked it, so I drank it a lot during my whole pregnancy. The nausea goes away, and you'll forget about it pretty quickly.

Timeline

Ahh Gatorade- why didn't we think of that before???

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

VeeNDee, I hope that time and maybe some gatorade will help you feel better.

Kimbear, how are you feeling these days?

Marilyn, glad to know the surgery went well. Yeah, recovery can be hard but I hope today is better for you.

AFM, of the 14 fertilized eggs 13 made it to day 2 (last Saturday). Embryo transfer was so painless in comparison to the egg retrieval. I have a picture of our two four celled little embryos that they put back inside me. It was simply amazing. Been feeling "different" the last couple of days but then I am also on progesterone supplements that mimic pregnancy hormones. Blood test is Wednesday April 10. I will probably test this Saturday just to see if I can get two pink lines. Right now I am "pregnant until proven otherwise" by my fertility doctors.

Timeline

I'm ok as i'm going to be right now i guess lol. Doctor said they wont remove the pollup until way after 12 weeks, so i should just take it easy and not worry too much unless i start to almost hemorage bleed. I've been able to eat a bit more, my food aversion are a little better, still no meat though. and i had my first cravings lol. i was dying for hot dogs which i'm not allowed to eat but we found some ones from oscar meyer that do not have any nitrates or any bad stuff in em and i had to over cook them, but that plus sauerkraut and mustard was a win win. i finally was able to eat SOME meat :)

We finally told his family at Easter. everyone thought for sure his mom would freak out cry squish me etc. but she didn't. and his dad said we screwed up his plans to move to Florida...cuz his mom said if grandkids ever showed up there was no way she would move away. his older brother and sister kind of ignored or didn't realize what we said or were talking about i dunno. I told my family who i only have contact with on Facebook and got dead silence. The only ones who seemed genuinely happy and actually cried was his other brother and his wife who is like my long lost sister removed at birth ( i swear we are related lol we grew up almost the same way and have 90% in common).

Lilac, i have to say that is a most interesting experience your going though. it was going to be our next option had i not gotten pregnant. So glad things worked out well for you.

Marilyn glad surgery went ok for you. Hope you have a calm and easier pregnancy this time around. Sounds like you have a great man to help you out with everything :)

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so I had some wonderful cramping and lower back pain last night. but after researching I found out that this is normal after the procedure I had. Doctor never told me about that :P

I am supposed to have an anatomy ultrasound around the 18th to 20th week. I am hoping we can find out the sex of the baby then :dance: We have a girl's name picked out, we just have to agree on a middle name but we can't agree on a boy's name :unsure:

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Marilyn, hang in there during recovery. It doesn't sound like fun, especially on top of all the other pregnancy symptoms. Hope you feel better soon. We have a boy and girls' name picked out complete with middle names but we have changed our minds once on both already so we'll see if they last till the baby is born. But they are perfect at the moment!! Just curious, how did you pick your names? We combed through lists online, meanings, and also thought about family on both sides as far as middle names go. If we change our minds again I guess it's back to the Google!

Oh I found this nifty website called: http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/

You can look up baby names, and it has a section you can click on called 'suitability' where people with that name rank how many people have trouble spelling it, pronouncing it, any possible nicknames, etc. I found it fascinating!

Kimbear I'm sorry you didn't get a better response from family. That has got to be hard :( Glad your one brother in law and wife had a good reaction though. I have the same thing as you with meat. No meat at all... can't stand it. But yesterday for the first time in weeks, we went and had a hot dog. For some reason that stayed down. MMmmm. I feel bad for my husband - I still can't even cook meat without feeling a bit ill so he has been on his own on that front for awhile.

Lilac sounds like good news! Keep us posted and congrats!!

As for me, I am finally feeling better. Halfway through week 12, for some reason the Zofran taken twice a day is actually working now. I take it before I get out of bed along with a few crackers and wait for it to kick in before breakfast. We get up really early so when dinner rolls around I was feeling nauseous again and my husband pointed out that it probably doesn't last 12 hours! So now I take it an hour or two before dinner and have been able to eat a little again.

Oh and I'm drinking Gatorade by the bottle haha. We went to Costco to look for powdered gatorade but it isn't in stock until this weekend since it's a summer item apparently. It is easy to drink and hopefully giving me some electrolytes.

Right now I can't eat a lot and some things make me feel ill, but on a daily basis I am not throwing up anymore and not feeling sick 24/7. What a relief! Haven't gained any weight yet, but at least I'm not losing it anymore. :dance:

VeeNDee

Timeline

we did look through a couple of baby name books but nothing stood out. I had heard the name Sophie Grace on a TV show and I thought that was cute but then one night a girl's name popped into my head and I knew it was the one.. That is how the names came about for my other two angels, they just popped into my head. Noah William and Katelyn Mary

I want Grace or Lynn for a middle name. I want Grace because it means blessing because I feel like we were blessed with this pregnancy and I want Lynn for my mom, Linda..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Lilac, i have to say that is a most interesting experience your going though. it was going to be our next option had i not gotten pregnant. So glad things worked out well for you.

Yeah Kimbear, it has been an interesting experience. I have a whole new appreciation for the miracle that is the ability to have a baby. The fact that sperm ever find eggs and grow to be new humans is simple a miracle! Having gone through the waiting of immigration and infertility has given me patience and more of a wait, it will happen eventually, attitude than I ever had before. Immigration and fertility are two things that we as humans have no direct control over. Once the immigration package is in the mail or the sperm goes in search of an egg we have no more control. We just wait and hope that good results come in the end. I am sorry to hear that your family wasn't more excited about your pregnancy. Us VJers are ecstatic for you! :dance: :dance: :dance: After all the troubles you had with immigration, I am glad that getting pregnant was a bit easier.

Marilyn, I love the names you picked out. Very cute. DH and I like William Ernest B. (his initials will be WEB to memorialize how DH and I met) and for a girl we like Veronica Estelle although the middle name is still up for negotiation. I just learned that there is some cartoon character "Veronica Mars" so I need to check the SSA name database to make sure Veronica hasn't become too popular.

AFM, last night I was having terrible back pain. Keep having stabbing pains on the left side of my uterus and this morning I have the weirdest metallic taste in my mouth that hasn't gone away from eating or brushing my teeth. I have a headache that keeps coming and going too. I did a hpt this morning and there was just a shadow where I know the line should be. Hopefully tomorrow there will be a distinct line. Sunday April 7 will mark 2 years of TTC for my DH and me so I am hoping that we get a bfp on an hpt by then. I am still pregnant until proven otherwise because of our infertility treatments this cycle so I will not lose hope yet.

Timeline

Yeah Kimbear, it has been an interesting experience. I have a whole new appreciation for the miracle that is the ability to have a baby. The fact that sperm ever find eggs and grow to be new humans is simple a miracle! Having gone through the waiting of immigration and infertility has given me patience and more of a wait, it will happen eventually, attitude than I ever had before. Immigration and fertility are two things that we as humans have no direct control over. Once the immigration package is in the mail or the sperm goes in search of an egg we have no more control. We just wait and hope that good results come in the end. I am sorry to hear that your family wasn't more excited about your pregnancy. Us VJers are ecstatic for you! :dance: :dance: :dance: After all the troubles you had with immigration, I am glad that getting pregnant was a bit easier.

Marilyn, I love the names you picked out. Very cute. DH and I like William Ernest B. (his initials will be WEB to memorialize how DH and I met) and for a girl we like Veronica Estelle although the middle name is still up for negotiation. I just learned that there is some cartoon character "Veronica Mars" so I need to check the SSA name database to make sure Veronica hasn't become too popular.

AFM, last night I was having terrible back pain. Keep having stabbing pains on the left side of my uterus and this morning I have the weirdest metallic taste in my mouth that hasn't gone away from eating or brushing my teeth. I have a headache that keeps coming and going too. I did a hpt this morning and there was just a shadow where I know the line should be. Hopefully tomorrow there will be a distinct line. Sunday April 7 will mark 2 years of TTC for my DH and me so I am hoping that we get a bfp on an hpt by then. I am still pregnant until proven otherwise because of our infertility treatments this cycle so I will not lose hope yet.

i bolded the part i thought was cute! although when the kid is older he may not like it laughing.gif I am so very lucky i can talk to you all and get feedback reassurances etc. You gals are my extended 2nd family luv.gif

Lilac definitely get the book what to expect when your expecting, although your DR may give you one for free like mine did. there is a very common phenomenon where pregnant women have that "metallic taste" almost like pennies in their mouth. also headaches are very very common. I never had the weird taste but i was always a migraine sufferer and now this last week or two i have a headache every single day. Then again i also have allergies and i'm getting my sinusitis again ARGH. its a real pita sometimes. and i agree you definitely are pregnant until proven otherwise! laughing.gif

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

we did look through a couple of baby name books but nothing stood out. I had heard the name Sophie Grace on a TV show and I thought that was cute but then one night a girl's name popped into my head and I knew it was the one.. That is how the names came about for my other two angels, they just popped into my head. Noah William and Katelyn Mary

I want Grace or Lynn for a middle name. I want Grace because it means blessing because I feel like we were blessed with this pregnancy and I want Lynn for my mom, Linda..

Those are adorable names, what about combining Lynda Grace with a sightly diff spelling?

Hubby and i have pretty much already had a boys name chosen for years, Joseph Connor, but the name we had picked out for a daughter we cannot use anymore :( I wanted Kayla, but our friends had a daughter last year and named her Kaylee) crying.gif

Also, i grew up a tomboy, and never had any real parent interaction etc. I still have no idea how to be a girl. i never played with dolls, i never read beauty magazines, i never wore dresses. i dont even use makeup. I am so scared to have a girl cuz i'm not going to know what the heck to do. and i already know i'll be way way super protective due to the fact i was molested as a child by my stepfather, and then later on raped as a teenager. If i have a daughter she'll be chained to me for life, and wont go out of my site. That is how paranoid i am abour raising a girl.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Grace or Lynn are for the middle name. I don't want to give away the first name yet :whistle:

I was thinking maybe Gracelynn but I am not not it would go with the first name..

my husband isn't crazy about Grace. He says it is an old person's name :P

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Ugh got a cold and can't take most/any meds. At least the morning sickness is under control at the moment. If it's not one thing it's another.

I'm definitely showing a little now-how about you ladies?? My inlaws are going to take me maternity clothes shopping today so I can see what the options out there are. Not sure I'll buy anything (I have one cheap pair of maternity pants so far from Target I just keep wearing because I can't wear normal ones anymore) but at least check it out. I've heard they're super expensive! But it should be a fun trip.

I love the names you are picking. I had an aunt Grace Marilyn and she was super nice...and I also know of a little girl around the age 5 named Grace and she was adorable. It seems to be more of a common name lately. Not super common, mind you, but I do see children occasionally with that name.

VeeNDee

Timeline

ok I will spill the first name. it is Emily. so I was thinking Emily Lynn or Emily Grace. I had originally wanted Emily Rose but then I remembered I have an aunt named Rose and we aren't that close..

yeah I am showing. I think I look a month more pregnant then I actually am. :unsure:

I hardly have anything that fits. it is either too small or to big.. :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.