Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

well seeing as how i'm going to be 39 this year...i went and had a complete wellness check or w/e ..i call it a normal physical with blood tests done. Should have done it sooner lol. I mentioned to my new DR that i was having major hot flash issues and was wondering if its possible i could be in pre meno, turned out that my thryoid was really low. just did another batch of bloodtests and she had to double my dosage of thyroid meds. I asked her to check my hormone levels cuz i swear i get up in the morning the thermostat says its 70 and i feel like its 100. Could be my body is still adjusting to the meds i guess. Lost 4 lbs and she explained the weight gain of 20lbs or so since i got here was probably due to my thyroid being underactive. Other than that she said my sugar was a bit high but everythign else was normal.

Sooo i dunno what to do at this point. I mean i would love for us to be able to have a child, i know David would be an amazing father. his medical insurance is through his work the Salvation army, but im not sure exactly what it covers..since they are a religious organization, i think they only allow certain types of pregnancy help. And i have no idea what this stuff costs. All i do know is if i wait for us to get a new car, pay off a few more bills..get more stuff for the house,, well, i know we'll never end up doing this. I"ll just end up being the crazy dog lady lol. either way i have to go back for more blood tests in 4 weeks to check my thyroid again. having to go in every couple of months is gonna annoy the heck out of me.

Good luck gals! I'm getting rather large, but everything is going great. 9 more weeks! (Hopefully a little sooner...)

holy moly!! only 9 weeks left...already??? lol :) Wow that went by fast! You must be super busy tryign to get stuff ready for the little one :) Can't wait for pics!

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

I am having a SEVERE case of baby fever, but until my husband can get through his Canadian immigration and get working that is definitely on hold. At least by that time I will have more then enough hours in for mat leave again!!

I just hope that we get settled and into good jobs soon or else I will be too old for a 2nd!

Ahh yes..the joys of being in Canada for that. Too bad we dont have maternity leave here like they do in Canada. Makes it so stress free having the baby and not having to worry about sticking them in a day care at a young age. I'd much rather be home raising a baby for 6 months then have to rush back to work.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was lucky enough that my pregnancy happened just at the right time and I was able to collect Mat benefits from Canada when I was in the US. I loved being at home with Emma, but when we had to put her into full time daycare at 13 months, I was amazed at how much she learned there. Being around kids that were just a little bit older really pushed her to develop skills that would have taken her a lot longer had she just been at home with one of us. I think I will be getting a pretty nice raise in about a month so I think if I do we will look to get her into daycare at least one day a week. It will help her development and give Si a bit of a break. Looking after a toddler full time has to be one of the most exhausting jobs there is!

Good luck to everyone trying. I hope you all get pink lines in the near future!!

Timeline

Thanks gals! Time has gone so quickly. I see myself in the mirror and it doesn't look like me, I'm a blimp! Haha. We have taken nesting to a new level, its ridiculous. We decided to tear the bathroom apart to make it more baby friendly (and not ugly), put in a security fence and replace the roof, all at the same time. So things are crazy! But it will all be worth it. I can't wait to meet our baby girl. There will be lots of pictures, don't worry about that! We finally picked a name but its a secret (not sure why but its Bill's wish...)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kimbear, sorry to hear about your thyroid issues. I just found out last October that I am hypothyroid. Being on meds has given me so much more energy. My DH and I thought that was why we weren't getting pregnant since the thyroid levels can majorly mess with other hormone levels required for pregnancy as well. Hope you get things figured out and your body can be all go for a baby.

HuggleBuggles, a little girl will be so much fun! Right now I am sewing up a little dress a baby shower next weekend. It is amazing to see how small things are.

Edited by lilacvioletiris

I know eh? I have all these tiny little outfits, its hard to picture them fitting on anyone! :lol:

You must be so excited!!! :)

Mr. Fantastic and I are expecting a little one due in January 2013 :blush:.

Edited by TheFantastics09

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

Timeline

Congratulations! What a nice way to start a New Year :dance:.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Hubby and I are trying for a baby too :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Well I've recently been diagnosed with MS and one of the best treatments for MS is actually being prego! So we decided to give it a go... I'm supposed to start my cycle this week sometime, maybe I won't and I'll have some good news to share!

Also, my neurologist seems to think it's ok to go on disease modifying drugs while preggers (I'm not on any right now). I'm hoping to be prego by my next appointment with him so I can be like "sorry, nope!"

YAY! how did I miss this? LOL, gonna blame my disease.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

My wife just gave birth to our first, a little girl, on July 14th.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

My wife just gave birth to our first, a little girl, on July 14th.

Congratulations!!! :)

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.